Hayward/Millsap to BOS for Rondo

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

aaa
Junior
And1: 44

Post#1 » by aaa » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Sorry if that's a stupid idea, but I really like the idea of UTA and BOS working out a trade this offseason.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Re: Hayward/Millsap to BOS for Rondo 

Post#2 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:09 pm

No.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#3 » by Matt007b » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Rhondo's good.. contract is good..

I dunno I like Hayward/Milsap better as a Jazz fan. I don't see Rondo and Al Jefferson getting it done if Deron and Al Jefferson couldn't. I don't know why Boston fans are ok with trading Rondo. Rondo and Pierce are the only signed players basically for next year..that team is going to blow up, they have some major spending to do - I'd think you would want to trade pierce and that contract first before Rondo and build around Rondo...
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#4 » by The59Sound » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:46 pm

I love Hayward, but do that trade in a second. No way Boston even considers it.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,470

Post#5 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:13 am

no
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#6 » by Luigi » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 am

I was really hoping for a Rondo trade earlier because I thought he was undervalued. He played very well most of the playoffs, and I think his value is going to stay high from now on.

Boston might prefer Jefferson to Millsap. He's bigger and gives them more of the inside presence they need. But so much of the Celtic's roster for next year is open that it's hard to tell now what they need.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
finnegan
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#7 » by finnegan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Rondo definitely palyed stellar during certain parts of the playoffs, but there is no way that the Jazz give up two of their top four assets for him. Rondo wasn't that amazing!
The59Sound
Head Coach

Post#8 » by The59Sound » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm really surprised people think this trade is tilted in Boston's favor, rather than ours. And this is from someone who is considered a "Hayward apologist." Rajon Rondo, in my opinion, is the best setup man in basketball right now.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

HolyToledo
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#9 » by HolyToledo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Its an even trade after Rondo's playoffs but I dont trade Hayward. If it takes him to get Rondo then I say no to Rondo and try to pry Lowery away from Houston involing a MIllsap and/or Jefferson deal. Hayward and Favors fo no where but everyone else is tradeable in my book even Kanter even though I would like to keep him.
Top 4 seed in the West!!! Guaranteed!!!
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#10 » by idajazz » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:46 pm

wow, talk about rose colored glasses..................
I would do that trade in a nano second.
1's like Rondo are rare, the league has many Hayward/Millsap types.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#11 » by StocktonShorts » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:47 pm

This thread is hilarious.
Dozer!
Senior
And1: 46

Post#12 » by Dozer! » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

As a jazz fan I would even add more to get Rondo. And I love both the players already offered in this trade.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#13 » by erudite23 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:06 pm

HappyProle wrote:This thread is hilarious.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#14 » by Lava Rock Kid » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm

The sign of a good trade is if some people think you are giving up to much, and others think it is a good dea.

I HATE the thought of giving up Haward, but Love Rondo, Millsap is probably the most desireable option to Boston though because of contract. If it was talent they would prefer Jefferson. It is hard for me to say yes,

Is Rondo under contract for a long time? Is he willing to go to Utah? If so than I say do it, move Harris to the two guard.

Good fair trade.
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#15 » by Matt007b » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm

:lol: what's your take on the trade HappyProle?

I'm just a fan of Hayward/Milsap, I'll admit it. I'd hate to see them running around in celtic uniforms.. I just don't understand why the celtics would even consider trading Rondo in the first place with the contract length/pay and the fact that the entire team basically are free agents now. Unless they want a complete fresh start with $0 on the cap..
finnegan
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#16 » by finnegan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:40 am

Matt007b wrote:I just don't understand why the celtics would even consider trading Rondo in the first place...

Because they know that they have to rebuild in the very near future, and they would prefer two upper tier guys over one top tier guy, when they prrobably won't make the playoffs. Plus they know Rondo's cieling, but not Haywrds whose value could rise.
The59Sound
Head Coach

Post#17 » by The59Sound » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:52 am

Crazy how much people are underrating Rondo in here.

StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#18 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:07 am

Matt007b wrote:

:lol: what's your take on the trade HappyProle?

I'm just a fan of Hayward/Milsap, I'll admit it. I'd hate to see them running around in celtic uniforms.. I just don't understand why the celtics would even consider trading Rondo in the first place with the contract length/pay and the fact that the entire team basically are free agents now. Unless they want a complete fresh start with $0 on the cap..

I think a lot of people are seriously underrating Rondo. Is he perfect? No, he has some serious flaws, but he was also the best player on a team that came within a game of the Finals. Like you, I don't understand why Boston would make this deal.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 777

Post#19 » by dr0welf » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 am

I like Rondo, but personally I don't do this trade. I want to see Hayward keep growing in a Jazz uni. It probably is a fair trade but I'd like to see if there was someone else we could pair Milsap or Big Al with to get this done. What about Miles, Milsap, and a pick for Rondo?
The59Sound
Head Coach

Post#20 » by The59Sound » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:21 am

dr0welf wrote:I like Rondo, but personally I don't do this trade. I want to see Hayward keep growing in a Jazz uni. It probably is a fair trade but I'd like to see if there was someone else we could pair Milsap or Big Al with to get this done. What about Miles, Milsap, and a pick for Rondo?

1. Miles isn't under contract.
2. Did you really just include Miles as a sweetener in a trade proposal?

This is turning into the Twilight Zone. Rajon Rondo is not chopped liver!!! Red Auerbach is rolling over in his grave reading this thread.

Return to Utah Jazz