Tankathon.com -- Draft Odds

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Re: Tankathon.com 

Post#181 » by StocktonShorts » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:22 am

13-0 run by Memphis since I posted this.

Sorry guys.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#182 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:41 am

StocktonShorts wrote:
Matt007b wrote:C'mon magic baby you can do this...

They're not going to cooperate. They're playing Ronnie Price, Dewayne Dedmon and Doron Lamb down the stretch of a winnable game against Brooklyn.

Who? ;)
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Tankathon.com 

Post#183 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:52 am

So now if the Jazz lose to Minnesota and Orlando beats the Pacers (who will be resting everyone in all likelihood) then Utah and Orlando split the 3rd/4th place combos, right?
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#184 » by Matt007b » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:59 am

Oooh! This is the perfect storm haha :-)
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#185 » by The59Sound » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:11 am

StocktonShorts wrote:So now if the Jazz lose to Minnesota and Orlando beats the Pacers (who will be resting everyone in all likelihood) then Utah and Orlando split the 3rd/4th place combos, right?

I believe that's the deal. Likewise, would we split 4/5 with Boston if they lose to Washington and we beat Minnesota?
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:12 am

The59Sound wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:So now if the Jazz lose to Minnesota and Orlando beats the Pacers (who will be resting everyone in all likelihood) then Utah and Orlando split the 3rd/4th place combos, right?

I believe that's the deal. Likewise, would we split 4/5 with Boston if they lose to Washington and we beat Minnesota?

Yep, but I'm not at all sure if Washington is playing to win there.
The59Sound
Head Coach

Post#187 » by The59Sound » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 am

StocktonShorts wrote:
The59Sound wrote:

Yes, but Boston has managed to lose to Philadelphia twice. I think they would go down to the children that play at half time.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:24 am

The59Sound wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:
The59Sound wrote:

Yes, but Boston has managed to lose to Philadelphia twice. I think they would go down to the children that play at half time.

I'd pay good money to see Rondo and some 8 year olds versus the Wizards.
spoonhoops
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#189 » by spoonhoops » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:41 am

Since 1990 no team with the 4th worst record has won the lottery. We are now screwed. Plan on getting the 7th pick as the best and worst case scenario at this point. This sux. I'm so upset now. Magic must beat Indiana and us lose to minne.
Jazz_Man_86 on Favors:

"He is not Dwight Howard. He's max is 20 + 13 + 2 = is this a supers tats? No."

Dwight 2011-2012 - 20.6 Points - 14.5 Rebounds - 2.1 Blocks
JDubb211
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#190 » by JDubb211 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:24 am

spoonhoops wrote:Since 1990 no team with the 4th worst record has won the lottery. We are now screwed. Plan on getting the 7th pick as the best and worst case scenario at this point. This sux. I'm so upset now. Magic must beat Indiana and us lose to minne.
Relax. We're in a prime position right now.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using RealGM Forums mobile app
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#191 » by JazzMatt13 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:10 am

spoonhoops wrote:Since 1990 no team with the 4th worst record has won the lottery. We are now screwed. Plan on getting the 7th pick as the best and worst case scenario at this point. This sux. I'm so upset now. Magic must beat Indiana and us lose to minne.

I did the historical look ups on all 1st place, and 3rd and 5th historically have gotten 1st overall more times than any in the Stern era, and 4th rarely gets it. BUT, that is only the #1 pick, there is still #2 and #3!!!! The thing is, I talked about historical things about lottery, and everyone gave me crap about it, and now your talking the exact same thing I said, and no one is doggin you. Historically #1 worst isn't a great place, just like #4 isn't a great place, but everyone made it a point to tell me that I am dumb for saying it.

I mean 59sound has what I said in his name tag. You can check and do the math just like you did for #4, and just the same, #1 worst team historically doesn't get the #1 overall, and since 59sound thinks he is so smart, he has to make fun of people who say actual facts. Even stocktonshorts had to mock me. So I think it is apparent that everyone trolls me individually, yet no one gives a crap, especially mods, because mods are the ones mocking me.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#192 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:59 am

I can't believe the Celtics let the Sixers beat them again. You got to be freakin' kidding me. :banghead:
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Post#193 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 am

The Celts know how to get things done.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#194 » by FJS » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:33 am

Not at all. .. why they won two games last week?
spoonhoops
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#195 » by spoonhoops » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:08 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:

I did the historical look ups on all 1st place, and 3rd and 5th historically have gotten 1st overall more times than any in the Stern era, and 4th rarely gets it. BUT, that is only the #1 pick, there is still #2 and #3!!!! The thing is, I talked about historical things about lottery, and everyone gave me crap about it, and now your talking the exact same thing I said, and no one is doggin you. Historically #1 worst isn't a great place, just like #4 isn't a great place, but everyone made it a point to tell me that I am dumb for saying it.

I mean 59sound has what I said in his name tag. You can check and do the math just like you did for #4, and just the same, #1 worst team historically doesn't get the #1 overall, and since 59sound thinks he is so smart, he has to make fun of people who say actual facts. Even stocktonshorts had to mock me. So I think it is apparent that everyone trolls me individually, yet no one gives a crap, especially mods, because mods are the ones mocking me.

My point is I am very happy we lost, but history isn't on our side although I'd love us to be the team to buck the trend. Hell, I think we are in prime position to snake the #3 spot from the Magic tomorrow night. I thought we were going to get screwed, but now I'm thinking we just might get one of the top 3 picks. Hoping Jabari picks the NBA when he does his announcement tomorrow.
Jazz_Man_86 on Favors:

"He is not Dwight Howard. He's max is 20 + 13 + 2 = is this a supers tats? No."

Dwight 2011-2012 - 20.6 Points - 14.5 Rebounds - 2.1 Blocks
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:31 pm

spoonhoops wrote:My point is I am very happy we lost, but history isn't on our side

The good news is that the ping pong balls have no memory.
Blackie
Junior
And1: 20

Post#197 » by Blackie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

StocktonShorts wrote:
spoonhoops wrote:My point is I am very happy we lost, but history isn't on our side

The good news is that the ping pong balls have no memory.

I agree with this. We are in a good position. I think we will end up number 4 in the lottery and could move up or down. We need some luck to move up, but the balls don't care. I loved this post all year. It was a good one and I could see where the Jazz were and play the game of spinning the dial and see where it lands. Good luck to the Jazz.
The59Sound
Head Coach

Post#198 » by The59Sound » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:57 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:

JazzMatt, people have repeatedly tried to explain why history has no bearing on this situation. It is all a matter of probability. This isn't just about the #1 pick; it's about your best case/worst case scenario. The team with the worst record in the league is guaranteed no worse than the #4 pick. The team with the fourth-worst record could potentially slide all the way to #7. Clearly having the worst record is a considerable advantage.

I'm sorry that people pointing that out has such a detrimental impact on your life. But posters will continue to point out the flaws in your reasoning so long as you continue to espouse this position.

Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#199 » by Hoops Addict » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:41 pm

spoonhoops wrote:
JazzMatt13 wrote:

Historically #1 worst isn't a great place, just like #4 isn't a great place, but everyone made it a point to tell me that I am dumb for saying it.

So I think it is apparent that everyone trolls me individually, yet no one gives a crap, especially mods, because mods are the ones mocking me.

My point is I am very happy we lost, but history isn't on our side although I'd love us to be the team to buck the trend. Hell, I think we are in prime position to snake the #3 spot from the Magic tomorrow night. I thought we were going to get screwed, but now I'm thinking we just might get one of the top 3 picks. Hoping Jabari picks the NBA when he does his announcement tomorrow.

Everyone who is crying like a sissy needs to have a math lesson. It is great we lost......4th worst is better than 5th. It is not terrible if we are 4th worst.

Ping pong balls have no memory.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#200 » by Hoops Addict » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:45 pm

spoonhoops wrote:Since 1990 no team with the 4th worst record has won the lottery. We are now screwed. Plan on getting the 7th pick as the best and worst case scenario at this point. This sux. I'm so upset now.

You are upset? Jees. Pull up your skirt and stop crying. Do you think we would have a better chance in the lottery if we beat the Lakers and were 6th worst? hint: no Negative thinking for no reason is useless.

Return to Utah Jazz