Jazz/Cavs/Minn trade?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Re: Jazz/Cavs/Minn trade? 

Post#21 » by Luigi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Viktor Vaughn wrote:
HolyToledo12 wrote:Jazz new offense requires a stretch 4 and Kanter nor Thompson are stretch 4s

When asked who would be the go-to shooter, Dennis Lindsay's first response was "We’ll find that out. I think Enes [Kanter] certainly, and, in particular spots, the four spots, we will try to increase his range at least to corner threes, but there’s the high-quadrant three that we’ll find out if that’s within his capabilities."

Literally before mentioning anyone else, Kanter was number one.
And just think about this. A player with Kanter's post scoring abilities, coupled with three point shooting range? That's an unstoppable scorer right there. I don't want to trade that for Bennet, or almost anyone.

Yes Kanter plays bad defence. How many bigmen, who have his offensive abilities, play good defence, or even average defence? Not very many. And Kanter is still young, and can still learn defence. Or, if anything, Snyder (if he's a good coach) will be able to create a defensive scheme that hides Kanter's limitations.

I'll be honest, I genuinely have no idea why so many people want to trade Kanter. The only reason I can see is if his contract becomes too big for us to take on, so we trade it away for at least something in return. But that's really it.

If Kanter becomes as reliable as Jefferson was in the post, I'd want to keep him for sure. I think people who want to move him, at least for me, don't think he's going to turn into the unstoppable scorer you are talking about. But If he does become that, sign me up.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Viktor Vaughn
Junior
And1: 37

Post#22 » by Viktor Vaughn » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 pm

That's a fair point. In many aspects, we still are riding on potential with him
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#23 » by tleikheen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:20 pm

If Kanter becomes as reliable as Jefferson was in the post, I'd want to keep him for sure. I think people who want to move him, at least for me, don't think he's going to turn into the unstoppable scorer you are talking about.

That's where having good passers and a better offense will make scoring easier for Kanter.Both Kanter and Favors had very few easy buckets in Corbin's half court offense. Burke not being a good creater or PNR operator at the point didn't help.'
Seeing the success of Gobert ,not being a good offensive player, should give Jazz fans an insight to how Kanter can have much more success than last year.Life could be easier for Exum if he can get Kanter and Favors easy baskets and then with that threat make it easier to get the basket himself.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#24 » by Luigi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:30 pm

tleikheen wrote:
If Kanter becomes as reliable as Jefferson was in the post, I'd want to keep him for sure. I think people who want to move him, at least for me, don't think he's going to turn into the unstoppable scorer you are talking about.

That's where having good passers and a better offense will make scoring easier for Kanter.Both Kanter and Favors had very few easy buckets in Corbin's half court offense. Burke not being a good creater or PNR operator at the point didn't help.'
Seeing the success of Gobert ,not being a good offensive player, should give Jazz fans an insight to how Kanter can have much more success than last year.Life could be easier for Exum if he can get Kanter and Favors easy baskets and then with that threat make it easier to get the basket himself.

If it comes down to easy baskets in the new system, I think we can get someone else to do it cheaper than Kanter.

The impressive thing about Al Jefferson is his ability to score in the half-court, all by himself, without giving up turnovers. His moves are so pure. If Kanter becomes that kind of player, he could be a first or second option on a good team. That's when I'd want to keep him.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#25 » by tleikheen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 pm

If it comes down to easy baskets in the new system, I think we can get someone else to do it cheaper than Kanter.

You always equate cheaper as a better way for the Jazz,Cheaper has never won games for any team Post your examples of cheaper being the better way to improving a team to more Wins.

HolyToledo12 wrote:Jazz new offense requires a stretch 4 and Kanter nor Thompson are stretch 4s

When asked who would be the go-to shooter, Dennis Lindsay's first response was "We’ll find that out. I think Enes [Kanter] certainly, and, in particular spots, the four spots, we will try to increase his range at least to corner threes, but there’s the high-quadrant three that we’ll find out if that’s within his capabilities."

Literally before mentioning anyone else, Kanter was number one.
And just think about this. A player with Kanter's post scoring abilities, coupled with three point shooting range? That's an unstoppable scorer right there.

Jazz and Dennis Lindsey saying this about Kanter who just turned 22 and could be a big score /rebounder for years to come and you want a player cheaper.Everytime you post a trade for Kanter(100 times) for someone cheaper you show you don't believe DL and the Jazz front office.
Gelding Maker
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Gelding Maker » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:05 pm

tleikheen wrote:

Kanter sucks if he is not sitting under basket for cherry picks. How is better offense will make him better scorer? It will not! It will pull him out of basket into places where he cannot score.
Viktor Vaughn
Junior

Post#27 » by Viktor Vaughn » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 pm

Gelding Maker wrote:How is better offense will make him better scorer? It will not! It will pull him out of basket into places where he cannot score.

I apparently need to post this again.

Kanter is capable of more than just cherry picking. And he didn't really cherry pick much anyway. The Burks-Kanter pick n pop was beautiful. Not to mention he had a real nice 8-13 foot midrange shot.

To say that Kanter cherry picks under the basket, and is ineffective otherwise, is to say "I've not watched Kanter play"
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#28 » by goober » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:33 pm

tleikheen wrote:

You always equate cheaper as a better way for the Jazz,Cheaper has never won games for any team Post your examples of cheaper being the better way to improving a team to more Wins.

San Antonio Spurs

Who just barely won the NBA championship
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#29 » by tleikheen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 pm

San Antonio Spurs

Why dont you add that Duncan,Ginobli ,and Parker have made over $150 million a piece playing and getting paid for by the Spurs.They can take less now because they have the money and they value Championships at this stage of their career.
When you have 3 guys that have totaled over $450 million in pay, qualifies as cheaper.
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#30 » by Matt007b » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 pm

sounds like we just traded with the vcavs... JOHN LUCAS IS GONE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Viktor Vaughn
Junior

Post#31 » by Viktor Vaughn » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:19 pm

tleikheen wrote:Why dont you add that Duncan,Ginobli ,and Parker have made over $150 million a piece playing and getting paid for by the Spurs.They can take less now because they have the money and they value Championships at this stage of their career.
When you have 3 guys that have totaled over $450 million in pay, qualifies as cheaper.

Yeah, I find it hard to say that the Spurs went the 'cheap' route, when they have three indefinite hall of famers, who just took pay cuts.
Gelding Maker
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Gelding Maker » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 am

Viktor Vaughn wrote:
Gelding Maker wrote:How is better offense will make him better scorer? It will not! It will pull him out of basket into places where he cannot score.

I apparently need to post this again.

Kanter is capable of more than just cherry picking. And he didn't really cherry pick much anyway. The Burks-Kanter pick n pop was beautiful. Not to mention he had a real nice 8-13 foot midrange shot.

To say that Kanter cherry picks under the basket, and is ineffective otherwise, is to say "I've not watched Kanter play"

Haha you kill me. Kanter shoots under 40% from outside 3 feet. You need link or are you in comfort with your bad eyeballs test?
Viktor Vaughn
Junior

Post#33 » by Viktor Vaughn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am

I never said he was a great shooter now. I just said what Dennis Lindsay's plans are, which was to work on his ability to shoot so he can have a larger range.

Also, last season he was coming off a bad shoulder injury, which noticeably affected him. If you look at the prior season's shot charts (which I assume is what you looked at), you'll see his shooting was better outside the 3ft range.

My main point in my post was saying how Kanter doesn't cherry pick, which is what you said. Kanter doesn't just camp out underneath the basket and get the easy shots. So many of his points were made because he muscled his way in there. So many times I'd see Kanter catch the ball from around ten feet away, show some great footwork, and work his way in for the easy basket. He made his own shots.

Again, it really doesn't sound like you've seen Kanter play.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#34 » by Luigi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:36 am

tleikheen wrote:

San Antonio Spurs

Why dont you add that Duncan,Ginobli ,and Parker have made over $150 million a piece playing and getting paid for by the Spurs.They can take less now because they have the money and they value Championships at this stage of their career.

There is a salary cap. It affects how you spend your money. This is basic to understanding how to build a winning basketball team.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#35 » by tleikheen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:58 am

There is a salary cap. It affects how you spend your money. This is basic to understanding how to build a winning basketball team

I missed that" basic understanding on how to build a winning team" by dumping your just turned 22 year old C/PF (Kanter)who's singled out by the Jazz GM
for someone cheaper !

Dennis Lindsay ,Utah GM ....who's job it is to know the salary cap and how to build a winning team

I think you need to write to this Dennis Lindsay and tell him .
kebutah
Analyst
And1: 99

Post#36 » by kebutah » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:29 am

I think Kanter with confidence and frredon will be a better player than we have seen offensivley.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#37 » by Luigi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:52 am

tleikheen wrote:
There is a salary cap. It affects how you spend your money. This is basic to understanding how to build a winning basketball team

I missed that" basic understanding on how to build a winning team" by dumping your just turned 22 year old C/PF (Kanter)who's singled out by the Jazz GM
for someone cheaper !

Dennis Lindsay ,Utah GM ....who's job it is to know the salary cap and how to build a winning team

I think you need to write to this Dennis Lindsay and tell him .

I think it's good that they are going to try to get Kanter to improve his jump shot. I hope it works. Lindsay said "try" and "we'll find out if that's within his capabilities."

I don't see what that has to do with the salary cap or whether we should trade Kanter. Do you think that if the Jazz tell a player to improve his jumper that it means the player is untouchable in trades? And I'm confused about why you think I want to dump Kanter, as if we'd get nothing back. Please reread what I wrote.

The impressive thing about Al Jefferson is his ability to score in the half-court, all by himself, without giving up turnovers. His moves are so pure. If Kanter becomes that kind of player, he could be a first or second option on a good team. That's when I'd want to keep him.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,463

Post#38 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:09 am

tleikheen wrote:You always equate cheaper as a better way for the Jazz,Cheaper has never won games for any team Post your examples of cheaper being the better way to improving a team to more Wins.

:D :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llArRqrdNcg[/youtube]
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#39 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 am

Love those green jerseys.

Return to Utah Jazz