Fiba World Cup 2014, 4 Jazz on World Cup rosters

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Re: Fiba World Cup 2014, 4 Jazz on World Cup rosters 

Post#21 » by tleikheen » Tue Aug 5, 2014 8:19 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports ... cherreport

Dante Exum is hoping to get on court against his idol Derrick Rose at the FIBA World Cup in Spain.

The Australian Institute of Sport graduate said he was desperate for court time in his debut season and setting himself big goals despite his tender age.

“Obviously I want to get time and start, so I will be pushing the guys who are already starting on the team for their spot,’’ he said.

“I will be working for my minutes straight away.’’

And after making an immediate impression in the NBA summer league by scoring his first points on an alley-oop slam dunk. He said he would love to start his career proper in equal style.

“If I get that much space again I will be up there,’’ he said.

“I just can’t wait to get on the court and start playing

“Obviously I want to get time and start, so I will be pushing the guys who are already starting on the team for their spot,’

This is more in the immediate, meaning Matt Dellarova,but this gives you an insight to how Exum approaches the PG spot.
Exum seems to have a very high opinion of his abilities,to be great you have too.
Quin Snyder can call the positions positionless ,but all the great PG's in the NBA call themselves PG's .Looks like Exum has designs to be in that group.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#22 » by eLo » Thu Aug 7, 2014 4:15 pm

freestyler34 wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:
Probably because of his knee injury

Also because he reportedly doesn't have a very good relationship with the Turkish national team.

Hes disliked in Turkey at the moment ppl calling him a traitor but once he plays for the National team everything will be fine i guess ...

so what is the main reason he wont play, injury or fact that peps dont like him??? or maybe Kanter just don care about national team ??? any way shame it would be good for him to play at this tournament, good preparation for upcoming season
Viktor Vaughn
Junior
And1: 37

Post#23 » by Viktor Vaughn » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:44 am

eLo wrote:so what is the main reason he wont play, injury or fact that peps dont like him??? or maybe Kanter just don care about national team ??? any way shame it would be good for him to play at this tournament, good preparation for upcoming season

He doesn't care about the national team, for whatever reason. He's pretty much burnt all his bridges over there.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#24 » by tleikheen » Fri Aug 8, 2014 7:38 am

http://www.basketball.net.au/national-teams/boomers/

As the Aussie team heads to the Fiba World cup follow them here
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#25 » by tleikheen » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:32 am

http://youtu.be/UfwoA6wmyuc

First Gobert's full Game in youtube
DiscoLives4ever
General Manager
And1: 2,757

Post#26 » by DiscoLives4ever » Fri Aug 8, 2014 6:25 pm

tleikheen wrote:http://youtu.be/UfwoA6wmyuc

First Gobert's full Game in youtube

I watched all of Gobert's play and he looked very disruptive in lane defense, but seemed to struggle in pick'n'pops (although that may have just been the trans defensive scheme). Free throws are looking better and better and he seems to vacuum up every ball that comes near him. Also had some finishes that looked strong, but against international competition that may not mean much. Ended up with something like 17/5 in 18 minutes with a few blocks/steals, but I'm not sure exactly without seeing a box score
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#27 » by eLo » Fri Aug 8, 2014 7:06 pm

Viktor Vaughn wrote:
eLo wrote:so what is the main reason he wont play, injury or fact that peps dont like him??? or maybe Kanter just don care about national team ??? any way shame it would be good for him to play at this tournament, good preparation for upcoming season

He doesn't care about the national team, for whatever reason. He's pretty much burnt all his bridges over there.

shame, intriguing what is this conflict all about
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#28 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Sep 8, 2014 1:38 am

Jazz 2013 2nd round pick, is also playing and having a really good tournment. Today he torched Argentina with 21 pts (9-10 fg) and 2 asts. He really is NBA material
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#29 » by babyjax13 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 2:20 am

eLo wrote:
Viktor Vaughn wrote:

shame, intriguing what is this conflict all about

It's the coach. This has been going on for quite some time. They prefered Illyasova, Okur and Turkoglu to him. Turkey also works outside in rather than inside out, so Kanter is utilized well despite the fact that he is probably their best offensive option at this point.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#30 » by MathiasPW » Mon Sep 8, 2014 1:25 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:Jazz 2013 2nd round pick, is also playing and having a really good tournment. Today he torched Argentina with 21 pts (9-10 fg) and 2 asts. He really is NBA material

Brazilian here. Raul Neto had the game of his life against Argentina, so not a good sample of his normal game. Still, it seems his perimeter shooting is improving quite fast, which is adding an important feature to his game, which was mostly based on speed/slashing. He lacks the confidence to shoot from 3 consistently, and usually, when given space, takes a step forward and shoots an uncontested long-2, but at least it's falling into the basket.

He has good ball control and is looking like he has improved his decision-making with the ball, with less turnovers and less overcomplicated plays.

He also has been adding some bulk, and is being able to face taller/stronger PG's well on the defensive side.

I am very impressed with him, and hoping he comes over to play in the NBA soon.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#31 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:26 am

MathiasPW wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:Jazz 2013 2nd round pick, is also playing and having a really good tournment. Today he torched Argentina with 21 pts (9-10 fg) and 2 asts. He really is NBA material

Brazilian here. Raul Neto had the game of his life against Argentina, so not a good sample of his normal game. Still, it seems his perimeter shooting is improving quite fast, which is adding an important feature to his game, which was mostly based on speed/slashing. He lacks the confidence to shoot from 3 consistently, and usually, when given space, takes a step forward and shoots an uncontested long-2, but at least it's falling into the basket.

He has good ball control and is looking like he has improved his decision-making with the ball, with less turnovers and less overcomplicated plays.

He also has been adding some bulk, and is being able to face taller/stronger PG's well on the defensive side.

I am very impressed with him, and hoping he comes over to play in the NBA soon.

He had some hesitation moves that were elite, although Argentina PGs are slow. His defense is kind of underrated, but he shoot down Pablo Prigioni after had a 15 point 1st half
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
PerFex
Junior
And1: 347

Post#32 » by PerFex » Tue Sep 9, 2014 2:50 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lm9yAqV9hs[/youtube]

Return to Utah Jazz