Neto>Burke

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

BigTony
Ballboy
And1: 2

Neto>Burke 

Post#1 » by BigTony » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Alright first of all i want to start off by saying that even though i was probably the biggest Jabari Parker fan boy out there before the draft, i am so excited for Dante Exum and think we will end up with the better player! X has star potential and i am confident that if given the right opportunity he will reach that potential! However, to do that i think he needs to be our starting PG ASAP! He is a playmaking PG who needs the ball in hands! Despite what some say i think with Dante our rebuild is now complete and this team is ready to grow and compete together! The only thing i think we are missing is a backup stretch 4 for Kanter. With this all being said i would love to see the Jazz call up the Rockets and offer them Trey Burke for D-Mo straight up. Why you ask? Because Burke is standing in the way of Dante, and no i don't want to see a 3 man rotation of Burke,Burks, and Exum. A back court of Exum and Burks has the potential of being one of, if not the best in the league. Both need to be full time starters getting 32-36 min a night, which then would just put Burke as backup PG. He would be a good backup but i don't see the Jazz paying him the amount that he will be expecting when his contract is up to be a backup. Frankly, i think Raul Neto is a better fit in Snyders system and the future of this team and is the perfect backup PG to Exum. I don't know if anybody has actually checked the guy out very much but the kid is basically a poor man's Stockton mixed with Ricky Rubio type play making ability. He plays fast paced. He is quicker. He is faster. He is 6'4". Bottom line the kids just a better fit. If you don't believe me then take a look for yourself. D-Mo? The kids a stud and the perfect backup to Kanter as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftrWlNR0Xqc[/youtube]

With this trade and bringing over Neto our core would look like this:

PG: Exum(32-36 min)/Neto(12-16 min)
SG: Burks(32-36 min)/Hayward(12-16 min)
SF: Hayward(16-24 min)/Hood(20-32 min)
PF: Kanter(32-36 min)/D-Mo(12-16 min)
C: Favors(32-36 min)/Gobert(12-16 min)
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: Neto>Burke 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 pm

In all fairness to Trey, I think it is premature to say Neto is better than him until we see what he can do vs NBA competition. Right now all we have to go by are a few year old summer league games. I'd definitely want to see what Neto can do though.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Montanajazz
Junior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Montanajazz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 pm

I agree with you totally. Where is Nieto? Jazz need him now. As the back up to Exum with a quality veteran point guard to Mentor them both
Montanajazz
Junior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Montanajazz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:06 pm

In fact send Housten Kanter and Trey for D Mo and a #1. We got booker who can play better power forward then Kanter!
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#5 » by BudTugly » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Watermelon is better than cantaloupe.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#6 » by Winglish » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Raul Neto averaged 9.8 and 3.3, shooting 43.8% in the ACB. Trey Burke has better length and considerably better measurables. How exactly is Neto better than Burke? Because he is the grass on the other side?
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Post#7 » by tleikheen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 pm

I like the post alot ,I think along those same thoughts.....but I think DMo played himself into a higher value than Burke's value.

. We got booker who can play better power forward then Kanter!

These kind of posts are idiotic....Booker WAS never signed to be the starting PF for the Jazz,he's not even looked as a starter in the NBA.You must have been a big supporter of Richard Jefferson coming to Utah last year and starting for the Jazz after not being a starter the prior 3 years before that.Now you want to do the same thing,ridiculous.

I like Neto's pass 1st attitude as well and if he was brought over for the pre-season,do you think Burke would keep his bags packed.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#8 » by pickIBL » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Dante is a big time prospect that is not ready for prime time. Neto has not shown himself to be better than Trey.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Utah Jazz