Mo Williams to Twolves

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Mo Williams to Twolves 

Post#1 » by HolyToledo12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 pm

why do the Twolves want Mo WIlliams when they already have an over load a PG position? and why would Mo WIlliams want to go there? I would think a better fit for him would have been a contender like the Cavs or the Heat.
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
3960HOOD
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Re: Mo Williams to Twolves 

Post#2 » by 3960HOOD » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Someones going to get moved and I wouldn't be surprised if its Ricky Rubio. He's trying to leverage himself to get a max contract link and i don't think he's worth that at all. There was talk about Lavine being a PG in the NBA prior to the draft but I don't where the Wolves see him fitting at.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 am

Wolves just blow it up?
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#4 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:34 am

Underkanter wrote:Wolves just blow it up?

Wouldn't you? If you trade your best player for a rookie you might as well. Plus Rubio is garbage. Absolute horrible shooter. And once they trade Love and Rubio there is little reason to keep Pekovic. Trade him and get more assets.

They should blow it up and just let their young roster play. Start Lavine, Wiggens, Shabazz, Bennett, and Dieng.
They will for sure be either the worst team or really close. Get a high draft pick for next year. What else are they going to do in the West???
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#5 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:59 am

HolyToledo12 wrote:why do the Twolves want Mo WIlliams when they already have an over load a PG position? and why would Mo WIlliams want to go there? I would think a better fit for him would have been a contender like the Cavs or the Heat.

How exactly are the Wolves loaded at the PG position? Mo probably won't start, but he's better than Shved or JJ Barea.

Also remember that the Wolves are probably going to be trading several pieces to Cleveland in the near future.
HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Post#6 » by HolyToledo12 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:06 am

StocktonShorts wrote:
HolyToledo12 wrote:why do the Twolves want Mo WIlliams when they already have an over load a PG position? and why would Mo WIlliams want to go there? I would think a better fit for him would have been a contender like the Cavs or the Heat.

How exactly are the Wolves loaded at the PG position? Mo probably won't start, but he's better than Shved or JJ Barea.

Also remember that the Wolves are probably going to be trading several pieces to Cleveland in the near future.

Rubio? Berea also makes a lot of money and is better than Mo as a willing back up to rubio.
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#7 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:10 am

My guess, without looking up the numbers, is the Cavs would want JJ. He has gone though the Finals and has a little experience being a role player on championship team. Total guess on my part but it makes sense.
Cappsy11
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#8 » by Cappsy11 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:32 am

geeeeee whizz... what did you expect. Does anyone who knows a little bit about the NBA know what the Timberwolves are thinking when it comes to drafts or trades. Way too many point guards on this team. The only smart thing they are doing is going after Wiggins with this trade with Cavs.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#9 » by andyhop » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Hopefully it means Barea is gone ,getting rid of him is probably worth a couple of wins next season for the Wolves
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley

Return to Utah Jazz