Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Gobert....Exum ,starring in Fiba 

Post#1 » by tleikheen » Sat Aug 9, 2014 8:42 pm

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/38 ... hiAp5RNJM/

Gobert
Final statline for Gobert according to French TV Canal+Sport: 13Pts, 12Rbs, 3Bs... they chose him MVP for the game! Was 5/6 from FT which is impressive once again!

Final statline for Exum vs Ukraine:
14/3/3/1st/0to in 19 minutes of play, 6/7 shooting, 1/1 from 3, 1/1 from FT

These young guys are looking good

I know there will be a hater turning this into a trade Kanter post,not wanting the Jazz to have 3 good young Bigs under 23 years old instead
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Re: Gobert....Exum ,starring in Fiba 

Post#2 » by MalonesElbows » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:00 pm

From his insty, Gobert showing off pretty good hops for a 7'1" dude. Look where his hand is above the box.

tleikheen
Analyst

Post#3 » by tleikheen » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:35 pm

Exum is getting alot of playing time and will have alot of games in before pre-season.All these Fiba players play in professional mens leagues around the world and I don't see any back down in Exum.He looks to be playing with vision and control.
Gobert is playing like he is the biggest guy on the court.He keeps this up he will be a momentum changer coming in at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters for the Jazz .Maybe making the Jazz 2nd unit one of the best this year.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by stitches » Sat Aug 9, 2014 11:07 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:From his insty, Gobert showing off pretty good hops for a 7'1" dude. Look where his hand is above the box.

That's pretty freaky! If I am estimating that correctly, this is about 33-35 inches vertical for a 7'1-7'2 guy! Wow! That is also considerably higher than what he measured last year at the combine(29 inches). I made a quick research about other bigs(Over 7'1) measurement at combines. Only 1(Jordan Bachynski) since there is record of such measurements at the nba-combine has anything comparable - 33 inches.

edit: it seems like I've made a mistake with my estimate. It is more like 31-32 inches, rather than 33-35.
Tommo1986
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#5 » by Tommo1986 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:32 am

Looked pretty darn good Exum did last night!!!! So so quick

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#6 » by tleikheen » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:45 am

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#7 » by GimmeDat » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:06 am

Exum was great last night, though with the level of opposition you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Really needs to work on his left hand, defenses are going to exploit that in the NBA, especially as a PG.
HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Post#8 » by HolyToledo12 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:48 pm

ty for info ...good to hear
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#9 » by Boomerfan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:00 pm

For those interested Exum is about to play in 5 mins.... you can watch live here for free.

http://sportotv.lt/rungtynes/2719/draug ... ungtynes-6
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#10 » by tleikheen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Thanks Boomer
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#11 » by AK47MVP » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:22 pm

So Aussies meet contender, got blown out and not much starring seen from Exum. 2-9 shooting, 5pts, 4 asts and basically being invisible.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#12 » by tleikheen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:44 pm

What do you do for a living ak....boss makes you do something ...then judge you and fault you like your suppose to know everything already ...youd probably think it isnt fair to be judged for what you weren't hired for

Watching Dellarova made me think of Trey Burke ,,,the Lithuanian PG was to quick for Dellarova like most of the NBA PG's are for Burke .Dellarova made the rest of the Aussies look slow except Exum.Everytime the Aussie PG passed to Exum for a 3 pter I kept thinking why wasn't Dellarova out there taking the shot instead and let Exum go fast on fast with the Lithuanian PG.
Aussies are going to have a tough time against fast ,quick PG's while their fastest player is at the 3 pt line having to do catch and shoots when he's geared to creating for himself and others in a PG rythem.
When I saw Dellarova trailing his assignment through the lane I thought Burke and then Kanter getting the blame and Burke getting a free pass .
PG's might get pass Exum because he's young but they won't get pass him because their faster... and that's all NBA PG's.
AK47MVP
Starter

Post#13 » by AK47MVP » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Stop making excuses. Exum had more than enough chances to drive and draw fouls or get to the line. He did it once in all game. And if you are about 25% 3 point shooter ( thats what Exum is), you should not be taking 6 3 pointer attempts. Make other contributions, get in the paint, run some pick and rolls, play defense. He did it somewhat acceptable job vs Finland and Ukraine but Lithuania is different animal and made him look like a boy among men. That's what he is now... at least 2-3 years away from being relevant and your delusions about him being ROY and handling starting PG duties in NBA are silly. And blaming Burke, coaches and now Dellavedova for Exum's poor play is getting old. Just face it kid is not ready mentally and especially physically. That blown layup at the end of Finland game made me cringe and reminded me of S.Livingston busting his knee. He should have gone to college for a year and get in better shape before entering NBA.
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#14 » by Boomerfan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:03 am

AK47MVP wrote:So Aussies meet contender, got blown out and not much starring seen from Exum. 2-9 shooting, 5pts, 4 asts and basically being invisible.

I'm an Aussie, and honestly you are right. He was invisible AGAIN. He is not NBA ready yet but I thought that months ago.

I didn't watch the 2nd half against Lithuania but watched the first half and Exum missed some absolutely wide open 3 pointers and once again looked passive. He played again at SG for the majority of the first half. What worries me most is that he seems to lose confidence very easily and has his head down.

At this point the only way he will improve is if Utah decides to tank and play Exum full time at PG knowing he will lose you some games and do very well in others.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#15 » by MalonesElbows » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Boomerfan wrote:
AK47MVP wrote:So Aussies meet contender, got blown out and not much starring seen from Exum. 2-9 shooting, 5pts, 4 asts and basically being invisible.

I'm an Aussie, and honestly you are right. He was invisible AGAIN. He is not NBA ready yet but I thought that months ago.

I didn't watch the 2nd half against Lithuania but watched the first half and Exum missed some absolutely wide open 3 pointers and once again looked passive. He played again at SG for the majority of the first half. What worries me most is that he seems to lose confidence very easily and has his head down.

At this point the only way he will improve is if Utah decides to tank and play Exum full time at PG knowing he will lose you some games and do very well in others.

The Jazz are not tanking next year. Exum will see spot minutes, 15-20, while he learns to shoot.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#16 » by BudTugly » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:35 pm

I think he'll get more than that unless he's just a total albatross. My guess is he backs up both G positions with a lot of minutes but not leaned upon too much.

If this is the case there will be a great BS debate to enjoy with some criticizing him for "disappearing" while others freak out about Snyder not featuring him enough.
AK47MVP
Starter

Post#17 » by AK47MVP » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:20 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:
The Jazz are not tanking next year. Exum will see spot minutes, 15-20, while he learns to shoot.

I think it is unreasonable to expect more than 20 min from him. Kid is not ready for cruel NBA season, travels and physical demand of the game. He gets minor tweaks and injuries already in FIBA game. Just wait until he sees real NBA enforcers.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#18 » by stitches » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:36 pm

The more I watch of him the more worried I get. I don't know why, just something doesn't seem right. He's got the talent, the speed, the length and size, but he seems timid ... He seems like a boy among men. We've all heard the rumors about what his psych tests say(i.e. they are off the charts, he's super determined, super-competitive, alpha personality, etc.). I just don't see it right now in the games I've seen of him this summer. To me he seems scared, he should be attacking non-stop - penetrating, using his quickness to beat people off the dribble and collapse defenses. When he decides to do it, he looks great. But most of the time he's being passive, very little aggression, very little determination to drive, to draw fouls in the paint. I am not worried for his slender frame, training and practice, as well as age will fix that, I am worried about the very way he plays in man's basketball. If he keeps deferring to other guys, if he keeps being content with taking those 3pts, that he's obviously not good at, I don't feel like he's going to pan out as our star of the future.

And that's coming from somebody who's in awe of his speed and vision, as well as ability to pass the ball.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#19 » by BudTugly » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:35 am

Exum is gonna play, and play a lot.
DiscoLives4ever
General Manager
And1: 2,757

Post#20 » by DiscoLives4ever » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:05 am

My gut prediction is that Dante starts off strong, but hits the rookie wall earlier than most, maybe by new years. He will slump until the all-star break before a steady rise back to strong play by season's end.

Return to Utah Jazz