Who would you have picked in the draft instead of Exum?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Re: Who would you have picked in the draft instead of Exum? 

Post#41 » by BudTugly » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:58 pm

I am 100% convinced that in the NBA your pro scouting department is more important than prospect scouting.

I also think that Gobert is better than Exum.
Paper Face
Pro Prospect
And1: 101

Post#42 » by Paper Face » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:11 pm

eLo wrote:Exum can end up as bust or as a star in his case all scenarios are possible, he got potential but his skill set is very limited for now so its hard to judge.

It's hard to judge for you, perhaps. But I am related to old gypsy ladies, and from what they are telling me Dante is going to be so useless as to be out of the league by his fifth year.

Smart was my pick, guy celling is not as high as Exum is but he is more sure thing, in worst case he will end up being next Tony Alen with beater finishing ability.

"DEAR GOD, IF ONLY WE HAD PICKED SMART" will be a common mantra around these parts for the next decade after Exum takes two immense dumps next year and the year after that. You should start practicing your dark eyeliner and all black wardrobe now if you want to get a head start on what is to come.
sipclip - "Even though I love what I have seen from Mitchell if you were to ask anyone if they would rather have Booker and the 24th pick or Mitchell they would all take Booker and the pick."
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#43 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:06 am

Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 334

Post#44 » by Mad Guru » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:01 am

boknoy wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Exum was the most coachable, he listens and has no ego. He was the best pick. He has the skill and athleticism to be great and he won't interrupt Burke. They will mold Exum to be like Manu.

looks more of Penny Hardaway to me. he's a natural PG

Please don't compare Exum to Hardaway, it's just a bad comparison that doesn't do Hardaway justice.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#45 » by Reckless » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:17 am

Exum was the right pick even if I'm not necessarily convinced he was worth all the trouble
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#46 » by eLo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Reckless wrote:Exum was the right pick even if I'm not necessarily convinced he was worth all the trouble

Only PArker/Wig would be worthed. Exum was definitely best prospect left on table but same way he has biggest bust potential from i guess all top 10 drafted guys, as even Vonleh and Payton are more proven.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#47 » by pickIBL » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:21 am

This question is too early, but not as early as one might think.... for instance Gobert is looking like a top 10 2013 pick.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#48 » by Hoops Addict » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:21 am

It's hard to judge for you, perhaps. But I am related to old gypsy ladies, and from what they are telling me Dante is going to be so useless as to be out of the league by his fifth year.

Roll those hags down 600s south in their wheelchairs. Exum has ideal size and elite speed he will be good.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by Hoops Addict » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:55 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2235 ... g-national

Gordon is limited offensively with his shot, but the dude can jump......he has ultimate hops- world class.
Paper Face
Pro Prospect

Post#50 » by Paper Face » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Hoops Addict wrote:Roll those hags down 600s south in their wheelchairs. Exum has ideal size and elite speed he will be good.

They would laugh at 600 South. I think 400 South within the Trax lane as it turns into 500 would be far more to their liking.

Exum will be the worst pick in Jazz history.
sipclip - "Even though I love what I have seen from Mitchell if you were to ask anyone if they would rather have Booker and the 24th pick or Mitchell they would all take Booker and the pick."
Viktor Vaughn
Junior
And1: 37

Post#51 » by Viktor Vaughn » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:47 pm

pickIBL wrote:This question is too early, but not as early as one might think.... for instance Gobert is looking like a top 10 2013 pick.

Aye, I think his second year will be the most telling about where he will end up.

As it stands now, I'm not really bothered. I like Exum. I like what we've seen from him. I like how he fits in the offence. I like his potential. It's all good.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by Hoops Addict » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:52 am

Paper Face wrote:
Hoops Addict wrote:Roll those hags down 600s south in their wheelchairs. Exum has ideal size and elite speed he will be good.

They would laugh at 600 South. I think 400 South within the Trax lane as it turns into 500 would be far more to their liking.

I have riden down both 100 times.....60o south between 10th and 9th east is steeper......better for those negative gypsies.

Exum will be the worst pick in Jazz history.

Who would you have picked instead Einstein?
Paper Face
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by Paper Face » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:45 am

Hoops Addict wrote:Who would you have picked instead Einstein?

Anyone with 10 toes.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#54 » by zimpy27 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:15 am

Paper Face wrote:
Hoops Addict wrote:Who would you have picked instead Einstein?

Anyone with 10 toes.

Kanter was taken by Utah two spots ahead of Exum. So in 3 years we will see if Exum is better than Kanter is now.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
maccca3232
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#55 » by maccca3232 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:49 am

Paper Face wrote: "DEAR GOD, IF ONLY WE HAD PICKED SMART"

That's cool.

It will be healthy for everyove to start complaining about something other than how we drafted Raul Lopez over Tony Parker.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#56 » by dautjazz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:05 pm

idajazz wrote:I wanted Randle, I think he will end up being a cornerstone for LA.

While Randle may be good, most people had Exum over him. I think our weakest position was PG coming into the season, so Exum can be our future PG if he pans out, and if it's Burke who does, so be it. I think we got the PF situation in check with Favors at PF and Kanter/Gobert at C. I love the direction the team is going, I think we're going to have great depth at each position, and we finally have a good coach.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#57 » by idajazz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:00 pm

dautjazz wrote:
idajazz wrote:I wanted Randle, I think he will end up being a cornerstone for LA.

While Randle may be good, most people had Exum over him. I think our weakest position was PG coming into the season, so Exum can be our future PG if he pans out, and if it's Burke who does, so be it. I think we got the PF situation in check with Favors at PF and Kanter/Gobert at C. I love the direction the team is going, I think we're going to have great depth at each position, and we finally have a good coach.

not to nit pick but Kanter is playing the 4 and Favors/Gorbert the 5
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#58 » by dautjazz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:28 pm

idajazz wrote:
dautjazz wrote:

not to nit pick but Kanter is playing the 4 and Favors/Gorbert the 5

Are you sure, ESPN and RealGM has Kanter as our starting Center. Basketball reference also has him as center for last 3 years. Either way, Gobert at C and Favors at PF may be our best lineup anyways.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#59 » by idajazz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 pm

http://www.nba.com/tvc/index.html?gamec ... &brand=UTA

go to the box score, Snyder is playing Kanter at the 4 and has him shooting 3's

Favors and Gobert will be playing the 5 with Kanter and Booker at the 4

Return to Utah Jazz