Trey Burke and Media Day

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Trey Burke and Media Day 

Post#1 » by StocktonShorts » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Today's media day! Which means the season is almost here.

And in other news, a bunch of Trey Burke nudes got released all over Twitter last night. So that's fun for the Jazz PR staff.
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Re: Trey Burke and Media Day 

Post#2 » by Matt007b » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 pm

I was one of the dumb ones who searched for "trey burke" on twitter last night..

I could care less about naked pictures it doesn't bother me but my patience is being tested with him, he's got to prove he's an NBA starter and a long term player here but this off court stuff does not help :P
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#3 » by BudTugly » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 pm

One of the nice things about the NBA is the players are much less prone to awful behaviors than some other sports.

In Utah a couple nudies is bad, in Baltimore a felony woman beating is just a hassle.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#4 » by DelaneyRudd » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Cool, a little something for the ladies, and for 3-10% of men.
Jazz_Man_86
Junior
And1: 18

Post#5 » by Jazz_Man_86 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:12 pm

so what is the Trey's twitter? :)
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Matt007b » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:23 pm

looks like he took down his twitter account
Jazz_Man_86
Junior
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Jazz_Man_86 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:52 pm

yaah photos are not good for Trey.

What happened to hes brain?

sick. This is awfull for Utah...
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#8 » by stitches » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:17 pm

How is that awful for Utah? It should be a non-story really and is one only for puritanical folks and the ones who are trying to get a rise out of them.

I am not the biggest fan of Trey, but he did nothing wrong in this case - he took private pics of himself and shared them with someone who supposedly he trusted(or his computer was hacked). It was the person who breached his trust and the confidentiality of the pics that did something wrong. At worst what you can accuse him of is being a bad judge of character/of the situation, but in general I don't see what the big deal is about.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#9 » by red4hf » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Why are female celebrities treated as victims when something like this happens to them, and Trey is being portrayed as some kind of a pervert?
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Matt007b » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:53 pm

^good questions..

yeah thinking more about it - probably some girl who got revenge by releasing the pictures the day before media day.
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#11 » by jazzfanWA » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:21 pm

red4hf wrote:Why are female celebrities treated as victims when something like this happens to them, and Trey is being portrayed as some kind of a pervert?

Because some women like to call themselves strong and empowered until it is more convenient to be a helpless victim.
QuantumMacgyver
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#12 » by QuantumMacgyver » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:37 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:
red4hf wrote:Why are female celebrities treated as victims when something like this happens to them, and Trey is being portrayed as some kind of a pervert?

Because some women like to call themselves strong and empowered until it is more convenient to be a helpless victim.

Riiiiight. The media's reaction is clearly the fault of females everywhere... Those darn women! Making the media act like Trey is a perv! How rude, ladies! :banghead: :crazy:
red4hf

Post#13 » by red4hf » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:51 pm

QuantumMacgyver wrote:
jazzfanWA wrote:

Riiiiight. The media's reaction is clearly the fault of females everywhere... Those darn women! Making the media act like Trey is a perv! How rude, ladies! :banghead: :crazy:

Well, there clearly is a double standard in the media when it comes to this kind of thing....... Not that I'm blaming women for it, just pointing it out....... I have never heard anyone (man or woman) proclaim that a male celebrity who had his nude pictures leaked online is a victim....... It's just ignored....... Or made fun of.......
QuantumMacgyver
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by QuantumMacgyver » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 pm

red4hf wrote:
QuantumMacgyver wrote:
jazzfanWA wrote:

Well, there clearly is a double standard in the media when it comes to this kind of thing....... Not that I'm blaming women for it, just pointing it out....... I have never heard anyone (man or woman) proclaim that a male celebrity who had his nude pictures leaked online is a victim....... It's just ignored....... Or made fun of.......

I agree whole-heartedly with that. Definitely a double standard. But to claim that somehow the double standard is women's fault and that women simply act like helpless victims in the matter is pathetic. It's a sex-crime regardless of who is the victim and if anyone agrees with JazzFanWA then they should look up what is happening with Emma Watson right now. She's hardly acting like a helpless victim. That's just small-minded thinking. No wonder there's a double standard when certain people think so poorly of women.
QuantumMacgyver
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by QuantumMacgyver » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:04 pm

But anyway, back to MEDIA DAY!!!!!!!!
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#16 » by The59Sound » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:17 pm

BudTugly wrote:One of the nice things about the NBA is the players are much less prone to awful behaviors than some other sports.

In Utah a couple nudies is bad, in Baltimore a felony woman beating is just a hassle.

In fairness, all us Baltimoreans were pretty disgusted by Ray Rice...
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trey Burke and Media Day 

Post#17 » by StocktonShorts » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:43 pm

To me, sending nudes to girls shows a lack of awareness and maturity on Trey's part. It's not that I'm disgusted with it, just that he should understand he shouldn't put himself in such a vulnerable position.

The big difference between Trey and an actress who had her nudes leaked isn't gender IMO, it's that the actress is essentially self-employed while Trey is employed by a very image-conscious basketball franchise.
red4hf

Post#18 » by red4hf » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:24 am

StocktonShorts wrote:To me, sending nudes to girls shows a lack of awareness and maturity on Trey's part. It's not that I'm disgusted with it, just that he should understand he shouldn't put himself in such a vulnerable position.

The big difference between Trey and an actress who had her nudes leaked isn't gender IMO, it's that the actress is essentially self-employed while Trey is employed by a very image-conscious basketball franchise.

Actresses are not "self-employed," they work for studios and for directors and for producers...... Bad publicity can make an actress unemployable...... Although, if you've noticed most actresses tend to pose in skimpy outfits when they have a picture coming out......

Back to basketball........ I cannot wait for this season to start.......

Here's a question for everyone, what is the opening night starting 5?

I think it will be:

Trey Burke
Alec Burks
Gordon Hayward
Derrick Favors
Enes Kanter
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#19 » by jazzfanWA » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 am

[/quote] I agree whole-heartedly with that. Definitely a double standard. But to claim that somehow the double standard is women's fault and that women simply act like helpless victims in the matter is pathetic. It's a sex-crime regardless of who is the victim and if anyone agrees with JazzFanWA then they should look up what is happening with Emma Watson right now. She's hardly acting like a helpless victim. That's just small-minded thinking. No wonder there's a double standard when certain people think so poorly of women.[/quote]

You have completely twisted my words and/or are unable to comprehend the meaning of "some women". And as far as accusing me of thinking poorly of women then I take offense to that. Two years ago my wife's friend was abused by her hubby and we both welcomed her and her kids to stay with us...rent free. One night her hubby confronted her in our driveway and I took 16 stitches to my face trying to take him to the ground until the cops arrived. Had you said that I think poorly of women and am small minded to my face instead of behind a computer,I would have shown you first hand how offended I am, assuming you aren't female. Not a threat just a simple fact.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:50 am

red4hf wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:To me, sending nudes to girls shows a lack of awareness and maturity on Trey's part. It's not that I'm disgusted with it, just that he should understand he shouldn't put himself in such a vulnerable position.

Actresses are not "self-employed," they work for studios and for directors and for producers...... Bad publicity can make an actress unemployable...... Although, if you've noticed most actresses tend to pose in skimpy outfits when they have a picture coming out......

Back to basketball........ I cannot wait for this season to start.......

Here's a question for everyone, what is the opening night starting 5?

I think it will be:

Trey Burke
Alec Burks
Gordon Hayward
Derrick Favors
Enes Kanter

Yeah, probably inaccurate to call them self employed. Especially if they're part of a TV franchise or a movie franchise. Then they're effectively in the same situation as an athlete.

I agree with your starting lineup.

Return to Utah Jazz