Best Stats Sites?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Best Stats Sites? 

Post#1 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Locked mentioned that during a recent preseason game (OKC, think), Favors and Gobert were +5 for the short period they were together in a given amount of time (I think last couple of minutes of a quarter).

I know that 82 games tracks 5 player line ups, and Basketball Reference has line up stats to the pairing of players. However, these are only stats for the regular season. Anyone know of sites that have such stats for preseason? It would be interesting to see how the combinations of players on the Jazz have fared together.

Anyone have go to sites for stats (other than the ordinary stats you can get here, ESPN, NBA, etc.)?
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Re: Best Stats Sites? 

Post#2 » by Joao Saraiva » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:44 am

I mostly use basketball reference too.

Just wait one week and we'll be able to see that when the real thing begins! Can't wait to beat the Rockets! :D
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#3 » by Jazzfan12 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:01 pm

nbawowy.com shows plus or minus numbers for any arbitrary combination of players for any length of time that you want. It won't update for the first few weeks of this year because the website creator is on vacation right now, but it's a great site for some of the data you're looking for.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#4 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Jazzfan12 wrote:nbawowy.com shows plus or minus numbers for any arbitrary combination of players for any length of time that you want. It won't update for the first few weeks of this year because the website creator is on vacation right now, but it's a great site for some of the data you're looking for.

Awesome, thanks!
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#5 » by I_Like_Dirt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:31 pm

If you are wanting to see who was on the floor when what points were scored, popcornmachine.net has gameflows. It shows where the runs happened and has +/- data for periods players were on the floor. Not the most amazing of sites, but still interesting.
Bucket! Bucket!

Return to Utah Jazz