Trey Burke trade contest

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: Trey Burke trade contest 

Post#41 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:50 am

pickIBL wrote:Yea well he's torched the Jazz in the past, so you'd think as his value slipped in Denver the FO would be calling about him. He's pretty much perfect to play next to Exum.

And I don't care about "fit" when it comes to Ken Faried. Guys with his energy just fit on the basketball court. I'd be open to him on the roster.

Does Faried fit next to Favors? It will be a very small front court, and one without much spacing. Does he fit next to Gobert? Not enough spacing and not enough scoring. I did a head to head comparison earlier today between Kanter and Faried (in the NBA site). Kanter more than holds his own.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#42 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:55 am

pickIBL wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:This is all about expectations and perceptions. To all of those who say Treyd had no value - stop assessing him as a starter (value-wise) and look at him as a bench player, and there is where we can see value.

One thing is pretty much guaranteed - we won't get two first round picks for him, especially not a lottery pick, which is what he cost us.

Well to be fair it was the 2013 draft and the Jazz had to sell some tickets next year. Not sure some unknown euros were going to do it without a little NCAA star power. Maybe Trey will settle in as the long-term back-up as Exum assumes the starting role. That could be the 2 year plan.

If the Jazz Treyded for Burke to sell more tickets, they deserve to be bitch-slapped silly. Especially seeing how his style of play turned out to be the least attractive on the team due to his inability to adjust to the NBA's size and athleticism. It totally sounds like something Randy Rigby would do though.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#43 » by pickIBL » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:04 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:Does Faried fit next to Favors? It will be a very small front court, and one without much spacing. Does he fit next to Gobert? Not enough spacing and not enough scoring. I did a head to head comparison earlier today between Kanter and Faried (in the NBA site). Kanter more than holds his own.

I actually do think he fits next to Favors in today's NBA. But I do like the option of having Gobert, Tomic, and or Kanter for whatever could arise. I think he fits in a lot better with coach than he does with Shaw. Shaw has really hurt him in Denver. If they replaced Shaw with Karl it would be better for Faried. Having a more Andre Miller type PG (rather than Nate Robinson lol) would help him too. I think Exum would get a lot of assists. I also think the posts have enough of a face up game from the mid range for spacing. You don't ignore Faried on the elbow or anything like that.

With Favors and Faried you would have a very athletic/above the rim front-court. After his Team USA performance I can see Faried fitting in just about anywhere. But then again I felt that way after his tournament performance too. He's just a basketball player that will play his way onto any court.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#44 » by zimpy27 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:25 am

Not sure any team will want Trey Burke..

Maybe trade him to Minnesota for Mo Williams. I like Thaddeus Young and Corey Brewer to so if you package it with Jeremy Evans you can get one of those guys. I know Minnie is trying to sell off for picks. So you could gift a third round pick too.

Just need a couple 26-28 year olds to bring some experience and athleticism on defense.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#45 » by Reckless » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 am

Trey has sucked this season, but law of averages say he'll start to play better. Once he brings up those percentages and scoring than we can trade him, his value is too low right now to even consider it.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#46 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Reckless wrote:Trey has sucked this season, but law of averages say he'll start to play better. Once he brings up those percentages and scoring than we can trade him, his value is too low right now to even consider it.

The problem is that even if he goes up to last season's averages, that's 38%FG and 33%PT, which is still really bad...

zimpy27 wrote:Maybe trade him to Minnesota for Mo Williams.

Bring back Mo Williams? We just got rid of him.I think you just offended this entire board... :wink:

idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#47 » by idajazz » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 pm

I think the whole issue will be resolved when Exum takes the starter role and Treyd becomes the back up.

I think he will make a great back up.
DiscoLives4ever
General Manager
And1: 2,757

Post#48 » by DiscoLives4ever » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Can we trade with the Chinese Basketball Association? Wiretap is showing a great PG just signed there...
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#49 » by StocktonShorts » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:41 pm

DiscoLives4ever wrote:Can we trade with the Chinese Basketball Association? Wiretap is showing a great PG just signed there...

:lol:
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#50 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:08 pm

There are so many players that are restricted from being part of a trade until mid to late-Dec that I don't think that anything will happen before the end of the year with any of the Jazz players. It will be interesting to see what happens between now and then as far as player development, or lack thereof.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#51 » by BudTugly » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 pm

They won't trade him this year or next year.
RaulLopez
Senior
And1: 17

Post#52 » by RaulLopez » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:58 pm

I dont get it. Trey is awesome and you want to trade him for a bad of Doritos.

I am glad the Jazz front office has more sense than any of you.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The "Spanish Fly" came and went.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#53 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:24 pm

I was going to ask what did Treyd do on the court to be considered awesome, until I noticed this is coming from someone who is called Raul Lopez, and it all became clear.

Koorverfor3
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#54 » by Koorverfor3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:01 pm

I know the Hornets are in desperate need of some spacing and outside shooting.
Also have some shaky depth behind Kemba, were rumored to target Shabazz Napier in the draft.

Burke and Rodney Hood for Gilchrist.
Burke gives them a combo guard to use off the bench and Hood is a near perfect fit next to Lance and Kemba.
Gilchrist gives you defensive versatility. Can start him at the 3, have him mirror the best wing. Let Hayward focus on offense. Have AB off the bench killing the 2s
"I just told myself whoever was guarding me I was gonna destroy them" D'Angelo Russell said.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#55 » by The59Sound » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:18 pm

RaulLopez wrote:I dont get it. Trey is awesome and you want to trade him for a bad of Doritos.

I am glad the Jazz front office has more sense than any of you.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Could you give us your analysis (both quantitative and qualitative) of why Trey is awesome?
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#56 » by Catchall » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:12 am

I think Trey is worth a mid-late 1st-round pick right now. Boy I remember how excited the Jazz's front office was to trade up and nab him last year too. The PG crop in recent drafts just hasn't been there. If he can get his shooting percentages up and get a bit stronger, he can be a passable back-up PG. I'm just not seeing what he does that's at an NBA level right now. Just a big disappointment.

Dallas could give up Ray Felton or Jameer Nelson for a cheaper and longer term back-up. I'm too lazy to look up what those deals are.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#57 » by stitches » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:32 am

Catchall wrote:I think Trey is worth a mid-late 1st-round pick right now. Boy I remember how excited the Jazz's front office was to trade up and nab him last year too. The PG crop in recent drafts just hasn't been there. If he can get his shooting percentages up and get a bit stronger, he can be a passable back-up PG. I'm just not seeing what he does that's at an NBA level right now. Just a big disappointment.

Dallas could give up Ray Felton or Jameer Nelson for a cheaper and longer term back-up. I'm too lazy to look up what those deals are.

Jameer is actually starting for them and is having a Trey-esque season, shooting in the low 30s(.337). Also, Felton was traded to the Knicks...

I honestly don't see a team in the league right now that would want a 3mln/year PG, who shoots in the 30s and doesn't do anything else exceptionally. You can put 20 D-League PGs as subs and they'd all have at least the type of stats Trey is having this season.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#58 » by BudTugly » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:48 am

If you could find a package including Burke and this year's pick that the Thunder would take, Jackson would be a near perfect fit with Burks and Exum. I don't know how difficult it would be to extend Reggie but IMO he's about as good as Conley, or could be.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#59 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 pm

stitches wrote:Jameer is actually starting for them and is having a Trey-esque season, shooting in the low 30s(.337). Also, Felton was traded to the Knicks...

You think that's bad? He sucked enough to be traded from the Knicks.

laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#60 » by laika » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

I don't think the Jazz are actively trying to trade Burke. The writing is on the wall though. The Jazz should tell Burke that there is no way he's going to start in the future. Ask him if he'd rather be a sixth man or get traded.

Who knows? Maybe part of the reason he's playing bad is because they've already had this conversation.

Return to Utah Jazz