The Trey Burke shouldn't be starting/should be traded thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Re: The Trey Burke shouldn't be starting/should be traded th 

Post#41 » by idajazz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 pm

I had high hopes for Treyd and argued with quite a few posters to give him a chance.................. Well chance has been given and he sucks.
Time to move on. Just trade him for a box of rocks or whatever. I want a fresh start with Exum, any drama wouldn't be worth keeping him as a back up.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Post#42 » by tleikheen » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:05 pm

My favorite play last nite was when Dante went after Tyreke Evans full court ,he ended up fouling Evans ...but Exum showed some serious speed and hustle on defense....This Is Needed at the top of the key against opposing PG's ,some serious speed and hustle.I'm not saying Trey Burke isnt hustling and trying ,he just can't get it done like Exum can.........Ron Boone keeps saying he loves Exum's defense ,when the rest of the other announcers start saying the obvious ,then we can start thinking a change is coming.
Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 646

Post#43 » by Pipp33 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:39 pm

tleikheen wrote:My favorite play last nite was when Dante went after Tyreke Evans full court ,he ended up fouling Evans ...but Exum showed some serious speed and hustle on defense....This Is Needed at the top of the key against opposing PG's ,some serious speed and hustle.I'm not saying Trey Burke isnt hustling and trying ,he just can't get it done like Exum can.........Ron Boone keeps saying he loves Exum's defense ,when the rest of the other announcers start saying the obvious ,then we can start thinking a change is coming.

I though the same thing. Watched the replay of that play a few times. Yes, probably gave up a silly foul at bad time, but great to see the speed and urgency to get a stop. He caught up to him twice in the same play and still got in front before he shot
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#44 » by eLo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:34 am

I never was a fan of burke, but i didnt think he can be so bad, now he is worthed not much more than 2 rd pick, maybe its not his fault ... maybe he have some off court problems??? if not he is totally wasted high draft pick, we have most apathetic gm in whole league who cant even draft right
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#45 » by pickIBL » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:23 pm

eLo wrote:I never was a fan of burke, but i didnt think he can be so bad, now he is worthed not much more than 2 rd pick, maybe its not his fault ... maybe he have some off court problems??? if not he is totally wasted high draft pick, we have most apathetic gm in whole league who cant even draft right

Part of this you just have to lay at the feet of the 2013 NBA Draft. None of those PGs would be leading Utah to victories right now. Dennis is probably lucky to be developing off the bench. But with his potential, wingspan, etc it made more sense to gamble with him than what Trey was destined to be in the NBA. But then again they also got Rudy Gobert, so you have to cut them a bit of slack.

I don't like to comment night in and night out on the games. Partially because I watch them later sometimes, but also because there is no need to get the blood pressure up during a rebuilding season. You want them to win, but they aren't going to win.

So you just have to deal with reality. Gobert was a good selection. Hayward is earning his contract. Favors is also earning his. Alec will continue to come around on his shooting and he is a better passer in Snyder's system. He just doesn't fit the starting 2 spot. The problem right now is at PG, and there is no obvious number 1 option. That could take multiple years to fix.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#46 » by eLo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:49 am

pickIBL wrote:
eLo wrote:I never was a fan of burke, but i didnt think he can be so bad, now he is worthed not much more than 2 rd pick, maybe its not his fault ... maybe he have some off court problems??? if not he is totally wasted high draft pick, we have most apathetic gm in whole league who cant even draft right

Part of this you just have to lay at the feet of the 2013 NBA Draft. None of those PGs would be leading Utah to victories right now. Dennis is probably lucky to be developing off the bench. But with his potential, wingspan, etc it made more sense to gamble with him than what Trey was destined to be in the NBA. But then again they also got Rudy Gobert, so you have to cut them a bit of slack.

I don't like to comment night in and night out on the games. Partially because I watch them later sometimes, but also because there is no need to get the blood pressure up during a rebuilding season. You want them to win, but they aren't going to win.

So you just have to deal with reality. Gobert was a good selection. Hayward is earning his contract. Favors is also earning his. Alec will continue to come around on his shooting and he is a better passer in Snyder's system. He just doesn't fit the starting 2 spot. The problem right now is at PG, and there is no obvious number 1 option. That could take multiple years to fix.
Schreoder or MCW are not perfect, but they are much better than Burke is, they are good defenders and overall its worthed to invest in them. Burke in present season is total scrub who should be duped or at least send to d league. lindsey screw up this pick, and if his next option was McCollum that show how poor gm he is. He is now 3 years as our gm and did not make any decent trade, so probably Burke will stay to the end of his contract in Jazz uni.
Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#47 » by Amish Mafioso » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:49 am

eLo wrote: we have most apathetic gm in whole league who cant even draft right

Perhaps you've heard of a player named Rudy Gobert? You should watch him some time.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#48 » by BarneyGumble » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Amish Mafioso wrote:

Perhaps you've heard of a player named Rudy Gobert? You should watch him some time.

Technically we didnt draft Gobert but traded for him :wink:
Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#49 » by Amish Mafioso » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:57 am

BarneyGumble wrote:
Amish Mafioso wrote:

My bad. DL is da suck.
DiscoLives4ever
General Manager
And1: 2,757

Post#50 » by DiscoLives4ever » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:52 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:
Amish Mafioso wrote:

Traded for Burke too, so clearly Lindsey is bad at everything. I bet he's a terrible father and husband as well

Return to Utah Jazz