Corbin new interim head coach

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Gelding Maker
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Corbin new interim head coach 

Post#21 » by Gelding Maker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Jazz should have never fired Corbin without No Compete clause. If he goes to team with talent he will make the firing look very stupid. The Jazz fan base appreciates loyalty and this stabbing of Corbin's back will eventually piss on fans faces and they will leave empty green seats in ESA. They will not remain stupid forever to fact that Corbin is top 5 coach in NBA. Fans have short memory and will blame Jazz management for lack of foresight.

When Jazz lose too many fans they will move team to Las Vegas or Seattle.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#22 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Gelding Maker wrote:
HolyToledo12 wrote:weird, Corbin was in essence fired from Jazz for not playing the young guys and not playing with pace and now he is hired to Sac so they can increase their pace of play.

Do these NBA managements watch the games?

As for George Karl, I wanted him for Utah, but I am more than satisfied with Coach Q....the players speficially Treyd and Alec not so satisfied!

He is fired for bad defense no NBA coach can fix. They bring in Snyder and defense is worse yah?

He is hired in Kings for playing winning playoff basketball. Everybody knows he can get mediocre team to play above estimated win totals. They say many times how much they want to get into playoffs but don't want to pay 2 head coach salary so they hire him as assistant, wait 20 games, and promote. It is like they are paying 1.5 head coach salaries instead 2 (Malone and now Corbin at half).

Except they didn't want Malone to hire Corbin. They wanted him to hire Kurt Rambis or Alvin Gentry. So I'm not sure I buy your theory that is part of some master plan to orchestrate Corbin's rise to power at a discount rate.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Gelding Maker wrote:They will not remain stupid forever to fact that Corbin is top 5 coach in NBA.

Ok, now I think you're just trolling.
Gelding Maker
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Gelding Maker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:05 pm

StocktonShorts wrote:
Gelding Maker wrote:
HolyToledo12 wrote:weird, Corbin was in essence fired from Jazz for not playing the young guys and not playing with pace and now he is hired to Sac so they can increase their pace of play.

Do these NBA managements watch the games?

As for George Karl, I wanted him for Utah, but I am more than satisfied with Coach Q....the players speficially Treyd and Alec not so satisfied!

He is fired for bad defense no NBA coach can fix. They bring in Snyder and defense is worse yah?

He is hired in Kings for playing winning playoff basketball. Everybody knows he can get mediocre team to play above estimated win totals. They say many times how much they want to get into playoffs but don't want to pay 2 head coach salary so they hire him as assistant, wait 20 games, and promote. It is like they are paying 1.5 head coach salaries instead 2 (Malone and now Corbin at half).

Except they didn't want Malone to hire Corbin. They wanted him to hire Kurt Rambis or Alvin Gentry. So I'm not sure I buy your theory that is part of some master plan to orchestrate Corbin's rise to power at a discount rate.

Sleight of hand.

You cannot believe everything these front office tells you?
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Gelding Maker wrote:Sleight of hand.

You cannot believe everything these front office tells you?

This is what makes conspiracy theories so much fun to debunk.
Bone Daddy
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#26 » by Bone Daddy » Mon Jan 5, 2015 10:43 am

I don't like being "that guy", but seeing Kings fail under Corbin's coaching puts a wide grin on my face..

Return to Utah Jazz