Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Re: Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#601 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:26 pm

bigmandinky wrote:Reports say that the Jazz want to trade Favours to make room for Millsap. Obviously this is speculation, but would you guys consider trading Favours + Burke for Lowry + Filler + a 1st Rounder? I'm assuming you would rather keep Exum lol.

The Favors-Millsap trade rumor is likely bull.

As for the trade proposal, I'd say no. No need to trade Favors for a PG when we have Exum. He's also much younger than Lowry, and he's a very nice big on a bargain of a contract. No thanks.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#602 » by OFWGKTA » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Would you guys do Bradley, Olynyk, and a pick for Favors?
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#603 » by stitches » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:27 pm

bigmandinky wrote:Reports say that the Jazz want to trade Favours to make room for Millsap. Obviously this is speculation, but would you guys consider trading Favours + Burke for Lowry + Filler + a 1st Rounder? I'm assuming you would rather keep Exum lol.

As I said in your forum that rumor makes no sense for the Jazz on so many levels. I don't see Favors being on the block unless some sort of absolute monster of a blockbuster deal becomes available and Lowry + filler is not it.
stitches
RealGM

Re: 

Post#604 » by stitches » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:28 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:Would you guys do Bradley, Olynyk, and a pick for Favors?

Lol, no. If Favors would be traded(I doubt he will but for discussion sake lets assume he will), it would be for a star piece, not for a bunch of role players. It makes no sense for the Jazz to dilute one of its major talent pieces into bench pieces.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#605 » by KqWIN » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:47 am

I'm still hoping that the Jazz can latch onto a Ty Lawson trade and get a deal. I like Collison and Hill a lot, especially Hill. I don't think there's a better PG for our situation than him.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: 

Post#606 » by sipclip » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:25 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:Would you guys do Bradley, Olynyk, and a pick for Favors?

Not even close.
mkl2021
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#607 » by mkl2021 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Something like this might have already been suggested but

To Jazz: David Lee and Kevon Looney
To Warriors: Trevor Booker, Jack Cooley, C. Johnson, and Trey Burke

Why for For Jazz- They add a veteran presence who will be able to provide solid production from the backup PF/C position and a rookie who slipped due to injury concerns. Don't lose any long term rotation players

Why for Warriors- Save money (about 10 million if they waive the non guaranteed contracts) which is needed for Green and Barnes. Looney is not likely to play much for the immediate future anyway
stitches
RealGM

Post#608 » by stitches » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:26 am

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865631671/Jazz-not-expected-to-be-a-major-player-or-sign-one-during-free-agency.html

So teams have been calling about Dante and Quin has been shutting them down:
SALT LAKE CITY — There are rumors and reports out there about what the Utah Jazz plan on doing when the 2015 NBA free agency period begins Tuesday night at the strike of 10:01 p.m.

Former Jazzman Paul Millsap is one player the team will call because of his ability to stretch the floor at the power forward position, and the team’s need for just that.

Shooting guard Danny Green, a 3-point shooter and fine defender with ties to Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey and Utah coach Quin Snyder from San Antonio, is another guy that would make sense for the organization to consider.

Here’s one thing that hasn’t happened in the time leading up to this free agency frenzy?

Snyder hasn’t made any outlandish player demands of Lindsey and Jazz ownership.

“The beauty of coach and his staff is the grass isn’t greener (on the other side),” Lindsey said. “In some ways, I wish he would come in my office and demand this player.”

Instead of asking for better players, Snyder and his staff have been busy trying to develop their guys into better players.

“He’s been great, and so when we have people calling us for Dante Exum, Quin has stopped that,” Lindsey said. “He’s like, ‘I believe in him. I believe in his makeup. I believe in his insides.’ I can just tick that off.”

This might be an important concept to bring up as free agency begins because there is a good possibility the Jazz will not be very active. Sure, their phones might go over data limits, but Utah isn’t in a desperate situation to make a big splash in the player acquisition pool.

“I think our greatest room for improvement is the internal improvement of the players,” Lindsey said.

The Jazz GM pointed out how that growth has already happened.

“He’s also growing their games," Lindsey said of Snyder. "You can see that in several ways in last year’s team. Derrick Favors’ 18-footer. Gordon Hayward’s play level that allows him to finish better; he plays lower. Trevor Booker never shot threes before.”

Then there’s Exum’s better-than-expected defense and the progress that rookie Rodney Hood made late in the season and into this offseason.

“I wish I could show the work Rodney Hood’s put in,” Lindsey said.

While Lindsey is hopeful of telling the Jazz story and having an enticing player embrace it, as he often says, the organization is comfortable with the roster as is.

The Jazz feature two of the best forwards in the NBA — Utah has Hayward (small forward) and Favors (power forward) ranked in the top 5-6 at their positions — and a center who blossomed in front of the world’s eyes this past year in 7-foot-1 defensive stalwart Rudy Gobert.

Exum and Trey Burke had rough seasons in 2014-15, especially offensively, but the franchise is keeping its faith in the young players. Utah is excited to see what Alec Burks and Rodney Hood will do when they’re healthy next season.

“The good news is we feel like we can field a high-functioning team if we don’t make any changes,” Lindsey said. “We’ve been really excited about our players’ commitment to their summer efforts.”

That’s not to say the Jazz don’t have weak areas. Shooting was a big concern last season, so it wouldn’t be surprising if the team were to target multiple players who could provide them with an offensive boost while continuing the defensive trend that began at the All-Star break.

The Jazz have about $12 million available to spend on free agents, although some of that could go to German center Tibor Pleiss and/or Brazilian point guard Raul Neto if they work out agreements to play for Utah this year.

That figure would rise to about $17 million in available salary if the Jazz opt to not exercise the team option on Booker by July 15.
mkl2021
Freshman

Post#609 » by mkl2021 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Phoenix and Utah trade.

Bledsoe for Burks and Burke.

Jazz lineup
PG- Bledsoe, Exum, Cotton
SG-Hood, Hanlan, Millsap
SF- Hayward, Ingles, Johnson
PF-Favors, Lyles, Booker, Jerrett
C- Gobert, Pleiss, Cooley

Why? Phoenix gets a SG to pair with Knight, who they want to keep. They also get a backup point guard in Burke. Utah gets a more sure commodity at point guard. Utah's not ready to give up on Exum but Bledsoe gives them a more proven point guard who can play point guard ahead of Exum or play with him. Utah holds on to all of their non guaranteed deals and can use them for another trade or to cut if they get a good free agent like Danny Green

Thoughts
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#610 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Phoenix would require more. But, I would do it. I like Burks but I think Bledsoe is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
mkl2021
Freshman

Post#611 » by mkl2021 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Phoenix would require more. But, I would do it. I like Burks but I think Bledsoe is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

They might and Utah has lots of draft picks in the next few years and adding some might be able to get it done. IMO, It depends on how much Phoenix wants to get rid or him and how they think Burks would fit. I really like the ide of trading for Bledsoe if it can be done with the above players, draft picks, and/or non guaranteed contracts. Danny Green would then be my top choice and I'd offer him a 3 year deal around 36 million to try to pry him away. The team below has lots of potential and I think could complete for a top 4 seed.

Bledsoe, Exum, Cotton
Green, Hood, Hanlan
Hayward, Ingles, Johnson
Favors, Lyles, Jarrett
Gobert, Pleiss, Cooley
stitches
RealGM

Post#612 » by stitches » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:03 am

StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#613 » by StocktonShorts » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:21 pm

With the Pacers agreeing to terms with Monta Ellis, does it make sense for the Jazz to go after George Hill?
stitches
RealGM

Post#614 » by stitches » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:52 pm

StocktonShorts wrote:With the Pacers agreeing to terms with Monta Ellis, does it make sense for the Jazz to go after George Hill?

I think they plan to play them together, not for Monta to replace Hill..
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#615 » by StocktonShorts » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:56 pm

stitches wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:With the Pacers agreeing to terms with Monta Ellis, does it make sense for the Jazz to go after George Hill?

That's a really small back court by today's standards.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#616 » by goober » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:07 pm

StocktonShorts wrote:
stitches wrote:

George Hill really compliments Ellis though.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#617 » by StocktonShorts » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:53 pm

Gobert wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:
stitches wrote:I think they plan to play them together, not for Monta to replace Hill..

George Hill really compliments Ellis though.

GH: "Monta truly do have it all"

ME: "Aw, thanks, man."

I still think there's an opening here if the Jazz want to pursue it.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#618 » by KqWIN » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:59 pm

Collison is a goo target once Rondo is signed. Sacramento is literally bidding against themselves.
stitches
RealGM

Post#619 » by stitches » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:42 pm

KqWIN wrote:Collison is a goo target once Rondo is signed. Sacramento is literally bidding against themselves.

We should help them clear some capspace to max Wes :P
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#620 » by goober » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:47 pm

KqWIN wrote:Collison is a goo target once Rondo is signed. Sacramento is literally bidding against themselves.

I saw that they are planning to have Collison be there backup, but maybe he's available?

I still want Patty Mills

Return to Utah Jazz