stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#362 » by stitches » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:37 am

Knickjames wrote:New York knicks #1 pick, Tim Hardway jr, cleanthanony early,

For

Gordon Hayward and Derrick favors?

hahahahahah... no. Like your optimism though...
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Post#363 » by dautjazz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:24 pm

For

cleanthanony? Is that Carmelo?

WTH would we do this? Hardaway is not that good. Essentially we'd be trading trading Hayward and Favors for a top 4 pick in the draft? :noway:

Even if you wanted to do Carmelo, 1st pick, and Hardaway Jr. for Hayward and Favors I'd say no. Favors is top 5 PF and Hayward is a top 5 SF. Hayward makes 10M less than Anthony, and Anthony is definitely not the better player at this point, and would be a worse fit. For simplicity sake, Hayward cancels Melo, Top 4 and Hardaway Jr. for Favors? No thanks, what is the chance that we get a player as good as Favors with the pick? 25%? Better than Favors? Maybe 10%? I'll take my chances and stay with Favors.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#364 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:17 am

stitches wrote:

For

hahahahahah... no. Like your optimism though...

i'm just going to revel in Knicks fans trying to pry Hayward away from the Jazz after taunting us that he was who we ended up picking with the famous unprotected Knicks pick.
Bullet
Junior
And1: 18

Post#365 » by Bullet » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:35 am

I hope we can get a vet PG in the offseason. With last night's PG play, I would even consider bringing back Deron next year, bad history and all.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#366 » by BudTugly » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 am

Bullet wrote:I hope we can get a vet PG in the offseason. With last night's PG play, I would even consider bringing back Deron next year, bad history and all.

Isn't Prok trying to sell? Might be they would part with a future pick to move him.

Say Trey, Alec for Williams + pick. I think that would keep us under with some room to sign next year's picks and some bench guys. Maybe Tomic too.
dautjazz
RealGM

Re: Re: Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#367 » by dautjazz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:08 pm

BudTugly wrote:
Bullet wrote:I hope we can get a vet PG in the offseason. With last night's PG play, I would even consider bringing back Deron next year, bad history and all.

Isn't Prok trying to sell? Might be they would part with a future pick to move him.

Say Trey, Alec for Williams + pick. I think that would keep us under with some room to sign next year's picks and some bench guys. Maybe Tomic too.

You want Deron back? I think he's a bad locker room guy. I remember him throwing guys under the bus when we got eliminated in the playoffs once. Then their is the Sloan thing, I'm quite pissed about that still. Then finally his contract is massive and he's injury riddled and sucks. He's not getting any younger either. I want to give Burks a chance.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#368 » by BudTugly » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:56 pm

dautjazz wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

You want Deron back? I think he's a bad locker room guy. I remember him throwing guys under the bus when we got eliminated in the playoffs once. Then their is the Sloan thing, I'm quite pissed about that still. Then finally his contract is massive and he's injury riddled and sucks. He's not getting any younger either. I want to give Burks a chance.

I don't know. I'd have to go watch a bunch of Nets games and try to research weather or not Deron has chronic medical issues that would be deal breakers.

I do know that if he was able to play up to his standard nobody would care how much of an Ahole he is/was because we'd be winning a ton of games.
dautjazz
RealGM

Post#369 » by dautjazz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:10 pm

BudTugly wrote:
dautjazz wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

I don't know. I'd have to go watch a bunch of Nets games and try to research weather or not Deron has chronic medical issues that would be deal breakers.

I do know that if he was able to play up to his standard nobody would care how much of an Ahole he is/was because we'd be winning a ton of games.

Kirilenko had his injuries, but I wonder how much Deron had to do with Kirilenko's decline. Remember how he mentally struggled in around 2007? Remember Hayward yelled in the middle of a game at Hayward? I think that Kirilenko was mentally fragile, and Deron was probably an **** to him, and Kirilenko just struggled playing with him. Just a theory, but I don't think it's too far fetched.

Deron and Sloan clashed, and he clashed with some of the European players we had, I don't remember if it was Okur, AK, or Giricek, but through one or more under the bus in the playoffs. He's a damn diva.

Ofcourse he's riddled with injuries, and his hand injuries have killed him. He's never been a good shooter since he went to the Nets. Look at his FG% each year as a NET:

2010-11: 12games .349
2011-12: 55games .407
2012-13: 78games .440
2013-14: 64games .450
2014-15: 56games .383

For the Jazz he ranged between .456-.507 between his 2nd and 6th season. With his lowest seasons being rookie year, 2nd season, and the season he was traded, which was when he a hand injury. He's turning 31 in June, and he peaked around 2007-08 and 2008-09, he's way past those days.
NickAnderson wrote:

Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#370 » by Amish Mafioso » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:23 pm

dautjazz wrote:Kirilenko had his injuries, but I wonder how much Deron had to do with Kirilenko's decline. Remember how he mentally struggled in around 2007? Remember Hayward yelled in the middle of a game at Hayward? I think that Kirilenko was mentally fragile, and Deron was probably an **** to him, and Kirilenko just struggled playing with him. Just a theory, but I don't think it's too far fetched.

Remember that tsunami in Japan? Pretty sure that was Deron's fault, too.
dautjazz
RealGM

Post#371 » by dautjazz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:54 am

Amish Mafioso wrote:
dautjazz wrote:Kirilenko had his injuries, but I wonder how much Deron had to do with Kirilenko's decline. Remember how he mentally struggled in around 2007? Remember Hayward yelled in the middle of a game at Hayward? I think that Kirilenko was mentally fragile, and Deron was probably an **** to him, and Kirilenko just struggled playing with him. Just a theory, but I don't think it's too far fetched.

Remember that tsunami in Japan? Pretty sure that was Deron's fault, too.

Ok?
NickAnderson wrote:

MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Post#372 » by MHSL82 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:40 pm

BudTugly wrote:
dautjazz wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

Take off Alec and their pick but throw in some cash, deal. JK.
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Post#373 » by JohnWall2 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 1:12 am

Suns: Knight, Green and 14th Rookie Pick for

Jazz: Favors and Burk

What say you Utah?
stitches
RealGM

Post#374 » by stitches » Wed Apr 1, 2015 1:41 am

JohnWall2 wrote:Suns: Knight, Green and 14th Rookie Pick for

Jazz: Favors and Burk

What say you Utah?

No. And it's not even close. In general what you want is to get a borderline all-star for your spare parts and a sweetener(1st round pick). Also, KNight is the main piece that you will be sending back to us and I wouldn't want to pay him whatever he will command this coming summer.

Right now Favors, Gobert and Hayward are almost untouchable for the Jazz. Whoever wants them will have to overpay for them, it would have to be a no-brainer deal. In other words - if you have to ask us whether or not the Jazz would be willing to make a certain trade for any of them, chances are they won't.
mkl2021
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#375 » by mkl2021 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 11:37 pm

Would anyone consider taking on Lance Stephenson (one remaining guaranteed year at 9 mil) if the hornets were willing to add in Noah Vonleh. Maybe we could trade Burke and/or Burks with some combination of our non guaranteed contracts? Then add a PG via the draft or free agency
stitches
RealGM

Post#376 » by stitches » Thu Apr 2, 2015 7:58 pm

mkl2021 wrote:Would anyone consider taking on Lance Stephenson (one remaining guaranteed year at 9 mil) if the hornets were willing to add in Noah Vonleh. Maybe we could trade Burke and/or Burks with some combination of our non guaranteed contracts? Then add a PG via the draft or free agency

All indications are that Lance is a cancerous player. I wouldn't risk team chemistry by adding a player like him.
mkl2021
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#377 » by mkl2021 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 8:12 pm

stitches wrote:
mkl2021 wrote:Would anyone consider taking on Lance Stephenson (one remaining guaranteed year at 9 mil) if the hornets were willing to add in Noah Vonleh. Maybe we could trade Burke and/or Burks with some combination of our non guaranteed contracts? Then add a PG via the draft or free agency

All indications are that Lance is a cancerous player. I wouldn't risk team chemistry by adding a player like him.

I thought of the same thing and the only reason I might be willing to take on Stephenson is he has only one guaranteed year left and if he is too cancerous we could trade him or tell him to stay home. To me Vonleh's potential (only 19) maybe higher than any pick we could get at the 12th spot this year and of course we would still have the 12th pick to target a PG to replace Burke. Jerian Grant and Cam Payne are the two PGs in the draft which I would look at, unless a higher rated player happened to fall, in which case we could add a PG via free agency or trade
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Post#378 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:03 pm

The following draft night trade is based on a few assumptions. 1. The Nuggets decide to go into full rebuild. 2. The Kings (George Karl) really want Lawson. 3. The Jazz and Kings keep their relative draft position as it currently stands (i.e. neither lucks into a top 3 pick).

Jazz-
Out- 2015 1st rd pick (currently #11), 2017 1st Rd pick (GSW or OKC pick), Burke, and Booker
In- 2015 Kings pick, Collison and Landry or Thompson

Kings
Out- 2015 1st Rd Pick (currently #6), Collison, Landry/Thompson
In- Lawson

Nuggets
Out- Lawson
In- 2015 Jazz 1st Rd pick, 2017 1st Rd pick from Utah, Burke, Booker

Edit: This could position the Jazz to trade the #6 pick (from Denver) and other assets (e.g. the 2017 GSW pick, second round picks) for D'Angelo Russell (slated to be picked right now #4 by the Lakers, although they will be chasing Rondo in free agency).
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,367

Post#379 » by robbie84 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 7:33 am

Continuing the thought from Zach Lowe's article:

Would the Jazz ever consider something like:

Avery Bradley+Clippers 2015 first round pick (currently at #25 and owned by Celtics)
for their #12 pick?

Adding Bradley with Gobert and Hayward is a pretty nasty defensive line up...
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
stitches
RealGM

Post#380 » by stitches » Sat Apr 4, 2015 7:48 am

robbie84 wrote:Continuing the thought from Zach Lowe's article:

Would the Jazz ever consider something like:

Avery Bradley+Clippers 2015 first round pick (currently at #25 and owned by Celtics)
for their #12 pick?

Adding Bradley with Gobert and Hayward is a pretty nasty defensive line up...

Quite honestly I hate the Bradley idea the most of any of them... in general I don't like Bradley much at all. Besides the defensive dimension, I really don't see what else he brings to the table. And we already do have a defensive monster in the little Millsap. If we needed a wing defender I'd much rather have whoever is left at 12 of Johnson, Winslow and Oubre... So yah... I think I'd keep the 12 rather than trade it for Bradley.

In general, when you include Clippers 2015, the value looks good, but I just don't like Bradley much... Maybe others like him and the trade more...

Return to Utah Jazz