Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Re: Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#121 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:31 pm

KqWIN wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I think the Kings, as crazy as they are, are able to recognize that Sanders is probably the least desirable asset in the NBA.

You're right. Perhaps the following instead:

MIL in- Stauskus, Derrick Williams

UTAH in- Ilyasova, Middleton, perhaps $5.7M TPE from SAC

SAC in- Kanter

I don't think Sacramento needs to be involved whatsoever.

Either way, if Middleton became the Danny Green 3 and D glue guy for $5M or less per year, that alone would make the trade worthwhile. If Ersan got healthy and reverted back to form, the trade would be a home run. Not much downside to it as Kanter just can't be part of future plans unless his market is less than $8M per year.
Wolverine
Rookie
And1: 109

Post#122 » by Wolverine » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:03 am

Dragic & Plumlee for Kanter, Burke & pick
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#123 » by fishercob » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:06 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:The Martell Webster of a year or two ago, heck yeah. The Martell Webster that had back surgery this past summer and has only played a handful of games and only made two shots this season? Not without additional compensation.

Webster needs time on the floor to get back into a rhythm. He's not getting that in DC with Pierce, BUtler and Porter playing in front of him.

I am confident that with 20+ mpg, he'd get back to being the player he was (or close). But the downside for Utah isn't that bad. If he is a shell of his former self, he eats a little cap room for the next couple of years, but not so much that he gets in the way of any longterm plans. His upside as a floor-spacing shooter outweighs that downside.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#124 » by Amish Mafioso » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:24 am

Wolverine wrote:Dragic & Plumlee for Kanter, Burke & pick

Dragic is the player Utah needs more than any other IMO, but his unrestricted status will prevent us from giving up much value. Even if you take out the pick, I don' think Utah would want to burn those assets for a rental that also likely screws up our draft pick.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#125 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:23 am

Amish Mafioso wrote:
Wolverine wrote:Dragic & Plumlee for Kanter, Burke & pick

Dragic is the player Utah needs more than any other IMO, but his unrestricted status will prevent us from giving up much value. Even if you take out the pick, I don' think Utah would want to burn those assets for a rental that also likely screws up our draft pick.

Would love to see him here. DO people think he will get maxed this offseason, and I wonder what his max actually is?

You know peeps would be talking smack about the great white hope backcourt of Dragic and Hayward. Wonder who else they could get at SG/SF to complete the whitest (and actually good) backcourt? NO, I don't really give a **** about that type of thing. Just saying you know the stereotype exists for Utah and Minnesota.
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#126 » by KDBG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:07 am

Blockbuster trade alert. Well, kinda.

Enes Kanter, Trey Burke, top 3 protected 2015 pick

for

Brandon Knight, Kris Middleton

You might think giving our 1st rounder this season would be way too risky. But if we filled our two biggest gaping holes at the guard spots with two guys that are fantastic outside shooters, I think our pick would likely fall to the late lottery by the end of the season. That's a risk I'd be willing to take. Brandon Knight is quietly having one of the best seasons for a PG in the east this season. He's actually a candidate for the all-star game. The dude is putting up 18 points a game on 45%/40%/90%. He may not be the purest of PGs, but he can create for himself and take pressure off of Hayward by helping carry the load. Also has almost a 19 PER. Khris Middleton is turning into one of the best shooting 2s in the league. 41% from 3. Has 3 and D potential with his length. Btw, both Knight and Middleton are only 23. Although both these guys are free agents after the season, they are both restricted and we can match any offer for both. So they are much, much easier to retain than trying to sign either of them in restricted free agency and potentially having Milwaukee match. The other reason I like this trade is because it gives us a stop gap PG at the very least, while we can patiently wait on Exum to see if he can ever come out of his shell. If that happens, you can always flip Knight to another team somewhere down the line. You're looking at a likely 10-man rotation next season of this if we can somehow Tomic gets out of his contract, playoff contender imo:

Gobert/Tomic
Favors/Booker
Hayward/Hood
Middleton/Burks
Knight/Exum

If Knight is not a possibility, Dragic or Rubio would probably be our only other options to get a good PG over here.
patrol345
Junior
And1: 21

Post#127 » by patrol345 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:09 pm

would exum and a pick for lawson be something utah would consider?
Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#128 » by Amish Mafioso » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:45 pm

patrol345 wrote:would exum and a pick for lawson be something utah would consider?

Nope. I doubt they'd do it straight up. Exum was drafted to swing for the fences, so I don't see Utah giving up on him so soon. I'm sure you'd find some Jazz fans willing to do it, but I'm confident our FO will have patience with him.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Post#129 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:51 pm

patrol345 wrote:would exum and a pick for lawson be something utah would consider?

The addition of a pick, which I assume you mean a 1st, is atrocious, if Lawson was younger, I would say yes but hes older than our core.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#130 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:59 pm

3 team with the Lakers and NOP:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kxepxay

NOP sends LAL a future pick, Utah needs some form of comp and Inigo gets a chub because Wolters is now on the team.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#131 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:00 pm

3 team with the Lakers and NOP:

NOP sends LAL a future pick, Utah needs some form of comp and Inigo gets a chub because Wolters is now on the team.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#132 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Underkanter wrote:3 team with the Lakers and NOP:

Utah gets the HOU pick from LAL and sends LAL our 14 2nd.
Ingles is cooked.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Re: Re: Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#133 » by CAE15 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Wow you are retooling the Lakers at the cost of nothing to them. Plus LA gets a pick? I've always liked Ryan Anderson. But he's the worst defender.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Post#134 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:11 pm

KDBG wrote:Blockbuster trade alert. Well, kinda.

for

You might think giving our 1st rounder this season would be way too risky. But if we filled our two biggest gaping holes at the guard spots with two guys that are fantastic outside shooters, I think our pick would likely fall to the late lottery by the end of the season. That's a risk I'd be willing to take. Brandon Knight is quietly having one of the best seasons for a PG in the east this season. He's actually a candidate for the all-star game. The dude is putting up 18 points a game on 45%/40%/90%. He may not be the purest of PGs, but he can create for himself and take pressure off of Hayward by helping carry the load. Also has almost a 19 PER. Khris Middleton is turning into one of the best shooting 2s in the league. 41% from 3. Has 3 and D potential with his length. Btw, both Knight and Middleton are only 23. Although both these guys are free agents after the season, they are both restricted and we can match any offer for both. So they are much, much easier to retain than trying to sign either of them in restricted free agency and potentially having Milwaukee match. The other reason I like this trade is because it gives us a stop gap PG at the very least, while we can patiently wait on Exum to see if he can ever come out of his shell. If that happens, you can always flip Knight to another team somewhere down the line. You're looking at a likely 10-man rotation next season of this if we can somehow Tomic gets out of his contract, playoff contender imo:

Gobert/Tomic
Favors/Booker
Hayward/Hood
Middleton/Burks
Knight/Exum

If Knight is not a possibility, Dragic or Rubio would probably be our only other options to get a good PG over here.

I like the general thought of this post, but I have a few concerns about this trade.
First, it seems an overpay on the Jazz part. Middleton is having a good year and putting up good stats, but he is a 2nd round draft pick making less than $1M, and I doubt he gets even MLE money in RFA (which is why I think the Jazz should take a chance on him).
Second, Knight is having a good year, but his previous years weren't so good. Is Knight a PG or an off ball guard (SG)? We don't need an undersized SG, even if his PER and stats are great, IMHO. Does anyone know if he has played primarily PG this season, or paired with a PG?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Re: Re: Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#135 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:19 pm

CAE15 wrote:

Wow you are retooling the Lakers at the cost of nothing to them. Plus LA gets a pick? I've always liked Ryan Anderson. But he's the worst defender.

Sort of but they are taking on a bad contract in Gordon and sending out an additional pick.
Ingles is cooked.
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#136 » by KDBG » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:23 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:First, it seems an overpay on the Jazz part. Middleton is having a good year and putting up good stats, but he is a 2nd round draft pick making less than $1M, and I doubt he gets even MLE money in RFA (which is why I think the Jazz should take a chance on him).
Second, Knight is having a good year, but his previous years weren't so good. Is Knight a PG or an off ball guard (SG)? We don't need an undersized SG, even if his PER and stats are great, IMHO. Does anyone know if he has played primarily PG this season, or paired with a PG?

I like slightly overpaying in my make believe trades, it makes it more realistic imo, :) .

Middleton I think will get paid more than we think because the value for shooters is probably going way up with Korver. I think he'll get paid way more than 1 million a year.

Knight is not a true point guard in the sense of what you'd think a true point guard was 10 years ago. Nowadays, PGs are expected to attack the basket at will, be a playmaker, a good ball handler with the importance or dribble penetration, and be a good shooter to keep defenses honest. Think Curry and Lillard. Both would be considered ball hogs a decade ago. Knight can do all of those things, yet it would be nice if he could look for his teammates a little more. The more I watch our offense though, the more I understand when Quin says our offense is "positionless". Knight would take the load off of Hayward, and Knight wouldn't have to carry the load like he does with Milwaukee right now.
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#137 » by Tom349 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:49 am

Would a trey and Novak be enough for Calderon?

Novak a fan favourite of the knicks and trey gives a back up option for their starting PG next season (possibly Dragic). Calderon although a bad contract can be the veteran PG and actually run the offense. Which will give a much bigger gage on how the team should look in the future and trades that can be done so we are not let wondering what Kanter or Favours are like with someone who can run the teams offense.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#138 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Tom349 wrote:Would a trey and Novak be enough for Calderon?

Novak a fan favourite of the knicks and trey gives a back up option for their starting PG next season (possibly Dragic). Calderon although a bad contract can be the veteran PG and actually run the offense. Which will give a much bigger gage on how the team should look in the future and trades that can be done so we are not let wondering what Kanter or Favours are like with someone who can run the teams offense.

That's actually not that great of a trade because they are looking to salary dump Calderon, I think if we included Trey, we would want Cleanthony Early or THJr instead.
Ingles is cooked.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#139 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:18 am

KDBG wrote:Blockbuster trade alert. Well, kinda.

for

Gobert/Tomic
Favors/Booker
Hayward/Hood
Middleton/Burks
Knight/Exum

If you propose this on the Bucks board, they will print it out, sign it, and present to their GM as a demand.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#140 » by Hoops Addict » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:47 am

We are insulted by your offer and counter with giving you Oostertag's sweaty jock strap for nothing. No we will not trade Exum for a weak offer.

Return to Utah Jazz