Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Return of Rocky Mountain Revue? 

Post#1 » by StocktonShorts » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:58 pm

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/13-ob ... -showcase/

Lots of interesting bits in this article, including this about the Rocky Mountain Revue:

In November, Jeff Zilgitt of USA Today reported that officials from the Jazz and the league office were pushing to revive the old Rocky Mountain Revue summer basketball league in Utah — perhaps as early as this coming summer. The push has continued since, and several sources at the Showcase said the league appears on track to host a four- or six-team summer league in Utah this year. An announcement could come soon.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Re: Return of Rocky Mountain Revue? 

Post#2 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:39 am

I have my stub from when I went to Rocky Mountain revue, its magical. I have a dozen signatures on it, including Stacy King.

Sloan and Johnson were in the audience sitting behind the hoop were few people were, just a few staff. My friends and me snuck over, and i sat in the seat between them, and my friends sat on each of them. It lasted about 10 minutes. We basically sat there, and didn't say nothing just watched the game, eventually security came and took us off, but when we were put back in our seats, we got a nod by them. But that is how I got my autographs, Stacy King and guys I can't remember, came and sat in front of us, and were joking about our attempts. So my closest feeling to being on NBA bench, is sitting between the coaches about 4 rows up.

If RMR happens again, I plan on going.

Return to Utah Jazz