Tibor Pleiss might be coming to Utah soon

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,423

Re: Tibor Pleiss might be coming to Utah soon 

Post#21 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Matt007b wrote:that's true haha... ugh I'm going to be dissapointed if we trade another good player for a FC barcelona/Euro player.. might as well write them off as a loss at this rate...

Really? I'd be ecstatic if we make a trade that nets us Hezoja from Barcelona.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#22 » by Matt007b » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Matt007b wrote:that's true haha... ugh I'm going to be dissapointed if we trade another good player for a FC barcelona/Euro player.. might as well write them off as a loss at this rate...

Really? I'd be ecstatic if we make a trade that nets us Hezoja from Barcelona.

Oh I say that because of the current time frame it's taking for Euro players to come over (years and years..) BUT I would LOOVE for Tomic/Pleiss/Hezoja and others to come over.. our team with Favors/Gobert/Hayward would rock! 8-)
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#23 » by stitches » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 pm

stc wrote:there is rumor in croatia that tomic decide to try in nba and give permission to his agent to negotiate for nba contract. in addition barca negotiate with marjanovic and mbakwe for next session

btw. tomic in spanish cup final 25+11 rebs +3 blocks and valorization 40... rest of barcelona 32

Thanks for that info. Any updates on that would be welcome in the future.

I'd really prefer Tomic to Pleiss and it's not even close...
stc
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#24 » by stc » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:32 pm

stitches wrote:
stc wrote:there is rumor in croatia that tomic decide to try in nba and give permission to his agent to negotiate for nba contract. in addition barca negotiate with marjanovic and mbakwe for next session

btw. tomic in spanish cup final 25+11 rebs +3 blocks and valorization 40... rest of barcelona 32

sure.

i beleve that he will go in utah. to be honest since he was drafted utah was loaded with bigs... okur, koufos, boozer, millsap, jefferson, kanter, favors. and tomic is not so much of nba fan to be 5th big. and now when utah have only gobert and favors is pretty much now or never situation
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#25 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Jazz signed Cotton and Cooley to 10 day contracts, so I doubt Pleiss is coming this season. So unless we drop Jerret, we are 15 man full roster.
stitches
RealGM

Post#26 » by stitches » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

stc wrote:
stitches wrote:

sure.

i beleve that he will go in utah. to be honest since he was drafted utah was loaded with bigs... okur, koufos, boozer, millsap, jefferson, kanter, favors. and tomic is not so much of nba fan to be 5th big. and now when utah have only gobert and favors is pretty much now or never situation

Yeah, it looks like a perfect situation and a perfect moment for the move to happen. I just hope he has the desire for it too.

Do you think he would be content with being the third big off the bench for Utah? He'll probably be getting 20-25 minutes a night.
stc
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#27 » by stc » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:51 pm

stitches wrote:
stc wrote:
stitches wrote:Thanks for that info. Any updates on that would be welcome in the future.

sure.

Yeah, it looks like a perfect situation and a perfect moment for the move to happen. I just hope he has the desire for it too.

Do you think he would be content with being the third big off the bench for Utah? He'll probably be getting 20-25 minutes a night.

as long as he gets ball would be ok. he is offensive center with lot of options (pnr, low post, high post creation...) and 20 - 25 min of correct usage will satisfy him. maybe even better for him to be offensive centerpiece of 2nd unit then 5th option in starting lineup since he may struggle in defense
stitches
RealGM

Post#28 » by stitches » Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:42 pm

Pleiss just had a good game in the Euroleague:
14:30 mins, 15 points(6/7 FG, 3/3 FT), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks... the worrying thing is... he fouled out in less than 15 minutes.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 158

Post#29 » by Hoops Addict » Fri Mar 6, 2015 12:40 am

Bring the guy over.....see if he is any good. Play hium 10 min a game to help the tank.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 158

Post#30 » by Hoops Addict » Fri Mar 6, 2015 12:40 am

Bring the guy over.....see if he is any good. Play him 10 min a game to help the tank.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Post#31 » by dautjazz » Fri Mar 6, 2015 1:18 pm

Hoops Addict wrote:Bring the guy over.....see if he is any good. Play hium 10 min a game to help the tank.

The tank? Does it look like we're trying to tank? 18-17 over the last 35, and could be a lot better if we didn't play down to level of opponents like LAL.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.

Return to Utah Jazz