6%

Total votes: 34

BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Re: The case for Deron 

Post#101 » by BudTugly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:51 am

KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:Pablo has an EFG% similar to bad Deron, isn't hurt and will be 38. Got another name? I'm definitely open to bringing in anybody who can do 2-3 years of actual point guarding.

You could get Calderon for free, maybe even get THJ if you send Trey their way.

Calderon is under contract through 2018. Maybe one of Picks foreigners is a better deal than these NBA dudes. But I still want Deron.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#102 » by KqWIN » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:40 am

BudTugly wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:Pablo has an EFG% similar to bad Deron, isn't hurt and will be 38. Got another name? I'm definitely open to bringing in anybody who can do 2-3 years of actual point guarding.

Calderon is under contract through 2018. Maybe one of Picks foreigners is a better deal than these NBA dudes. But I still want Deron.

You want Deron because you're a fan and he was a star for us in the past. If Lindsey thinks that way I'll have to find a new team. I don't see a scenario where trading for Deron is the best option. Giving up Alec Burks in the process is just plain dumb.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#103 » by pickIBL » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Let's look at a more realistic alternative.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JlVTNhzUdc[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWTcV_Ombk[/youtube]
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#104 » by BudTugly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:05 pm

KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

You want Deron because you're a fan and he was a star for us in the past. If Lindsey thinks that way I'll have to find a new team. I don't see a scenario where trading for Deron is the best option. Giving up Alec Burks in the process is just plain dumb.

If that was true I could have saved myself a lot of time watching Nets games. It's a credit to this board it took this long to get a response so lazy and rude.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#105 » by pickIBL » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:20 pm

BudTugly wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

If that was true I could have saved myself a lot of time watching Nets games. It's a credit to this board it took this long to get a response so lazy and rude.

I don't think he's saying you haven't watched the Nets this season. I was under the impression that even you were under the impression that he has not impressed this season. He's also a big PG with injury history issues on both ankles. He's also over 30. Also making 22 million a year. I could go on.

I'd also have to agree that giving up Alec makes no sense. The cupboard is bare for the Nets. Lopez will bounce. The Celtics stole their picks. They are screwed. Why would the Jazz help the Russian Dolan and that fan base out? No other team is going to be sending any gifts to Utah.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#106 » by KqWIN » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:30 pm

BudTugly wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

Apologies. Didn't mean to come off as rude, I just didn't want to repeat the same arguments. I don't think you trade a 23 year old player for a 30 year old player who isn't definitively better. Deron is not a terrible player, but there's no indication that he'll get back to form. Every sign points to him getting worse. So many things have to go right in order for this trade to break even for the Jazz. If one thing goes wrong with Deron or one thing goes right with Alec this turns into a very bad trade.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#107 » by Reckless » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:20 pm

BudTugly
Veteran

Post#108 » by BudTugly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:32 pm

If he's not hurt he's a lot better than Burks. Being young doesn't make you better.

Well I think I've laid out my take as good as I can. This will become a circular debate going forward, either you think the guy can recover or you don't. But I sure hope the Jazz don't go into next season depending upon what we have now at the point.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#109 » by pickIBL » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:46 pm

BudTugly wrote:If he's not hurt he's a lot better than Burks. Being young doesn't make you better.

Well I think I've laid out my take as good as I can. This will become a circular debate going forward, either you think the guy can recover or you don't. But I sure hope the Jazz don't go into next season depending upon what we have now at the point.

Sure, fair enough. But to be completely fair let's not just talk about his two bum ankles. Let's not forget that 100m contract.

The Jazz have X amount of dollars to put together a competitive roster. In fairness to your argument there is a slight chance he could bounce back for a couple years before falling off the map. The question is what else could Utah do with that 22m per season? And is that the best way for them to spend it?

We didn't hear PHX pining for Amare. Neither should Utah IMO.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#110 » by BudTugly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:26 pm

pickIBL wrote:Sure, fair enough. But to be completely fair let's not just talk about his two bum ankles. Let's not forget that 100m contract.

The Jazz have X amount of dollars to put together a competitive roster. In fairness to your argument there is a slight chance he could bounce back for a couple years before falling off the map. The question is what else could Utah do with that 22m per season? And is that the best way for them to spend it?

That's the question. But it's not 22 mil, it's about 9.8 mil factoring in what we pay Trey and Alec. If we kept Booker that number goes down another 4.7.

With that money they could probably get DMo out of Houston and replace Booker with him. This team really freed themselves up by dumping Enes. A lot of possibilities exist now that didn't with his contract looming.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#111 » by BudTugly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:33 pm

But they can't pay anybody for longer than 3 years.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#112 » by pickIBL » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:38 am

BudTugly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Sure, fair enough. But to be completely fair let's not just talk about his two bum ankles. Let's not forget that 100m contract.

That's the question. But it's not 22 mil, it's about 9.8 mil factoring in what we pay Trey and Alec. If we kept Booker that number goes down another 4.7.

With that money they could probably get DMo out of Houston and replace Booker with him. This team really freed themselves up by dumping Enes. A lot of possibilities exist now that didn't with his contract looming.

Ah okay so you are still saying gift them Alec too. wow
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#113 » by BudTugly » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:45 am

pickIBL wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

What?
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#114 » by pickIBL » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 am

BudTugly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

What?

I'm saying the Nets would be thrilled to just give Deron away. They may have to look into what the Pistons did with Smith. Once Lopez opts out it's all over.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#115 » by dautjazz » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:41 am

BudTugly wrote:

Alec Burks and Trey Burke for Deron Williams? I'm not sure Deron is better than Burks at this stage. 13pts 4rbs 2 asts 2tovs 4pf in 33 mins last night for Deron in a playoff game? Are you sure we're missing that?
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#116 » by BudTugly » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:29 pm

The guy from the Nets board proposed a 3 way trade I quoted above, in which the Jazz get back Plumlee, Kasarev and a pick.

Again, it's not about wanting to be rid of Burks, he's vital to the deal because of his contract. The Jazz don't have 20 mil to spend. I didn't watch the game last night because of a problem with my ballstreams account. Highlights he looked like typical Deron I've been watching. Sleepwalks through significant portions of games, but makes some plays when he feels like it. Hopefully I'll get my issue resolved and can watch the rest of the series.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#117 » by pickIBL » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 pm

BudTugly wrote:The guy from the Nets board proposed a 3 way trade I quoted above, in which the Jazz get back Plumlee, Kasarev and a pick.

Again, it's not about wanting to be rid of Burks, he's vital to the deal because of his contract. The Jazz don't have 20 mil to spend. I didn't watch the game last night because of a problem with my ballstreams account. Highlights he looked like typical Deron I've been watching. Sleepwalks through significant portions of games, but makes some plays when he feels like it. Hopefully I'll get my issue resolved and can watch the rest of the series.

Didn't Danny Ainge pretty much take all those picks...
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#118 » by BudTugly » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:23 pm

In the suggested scenario a 3rd team gets Burks and sends a pick to the Jazz. His idea was Charlotte.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#119 » by BudTugly » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Derp.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#120 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:13 pm

People must not realize how much $22 million is. If we spend that much on a veteran player it better be a guy like Aldridge or Durant or Lillard or someone else who is worth it. Over the hill crabby Deron Williams is not worth that....and the Nets franchise has been set back years because of such foolish decisions.

Return to Utah Jazz