Andrew Harrison

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

bucephalus
Junior
And1: 51

Re: Andrew Harrison 

Post#21 » by bucephalus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Harrison has elite physical tools (size for position, mostly), that's about the only thing about him that grades out as elite on an NBA level. Everything else about his game could use some work. I would be okay with the Jazz taking a flyer on him in the late second (along with just about any other player who has at least one elite attribute). I know nothing about his character or work ethic.

I guess my definition of terrible is different from some of you: if a player has a ranking that would see him being drafted (top-60), even in the late second, that's not a great player (maybe not even good) but I wouldn't say that guy was terrible. It means he probably has some NBA skills that make him worthy of a team using one of its two (usually) picks to take him. And the Jazz have two late second rounders this year, so its not like they don't have the draft capital to take a flyer on someone.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Re: Andrew Harrison 

Post#22 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:25 pm

sipclip wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:It is surprising that he has dropped so much.

Part of it might be the reports that he and his brother are arrogant, uncoachable a-holes.

I would rather trade up to snag Delon Wright if he stays near the bottom of the first round.

Where exactly are these reports?

This is just one, I've read and heard others over the past couple of years about them. There was concern when they were signed by Kentucky about their personalities and if they were coachable. I watched the game against Wisconsin, and saw the exchange with Calipari, and Andrew go back out and play hero ball and essentially lose the game for them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/andrew-har ... 34764.html
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Andrew Harrison 

Post#23 » by StocktonShorts » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:42 am

He's got NBA-level podium game, I'll give him that.

Return to Utah Jazz