Desert News: Great interview with Quin with insight into the offseason work they are doing

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Desert News: Great interview with Quin with insight into the offseason work they are doing 

Post#1 » by stitches » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:27 am

Very good one, gives insight into what Dante and Rodney have been working on, new staff, the new players we drafted etc. Definitely worth a listen. It starts at about 12:30

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765676426/Deseret-News-Sports-podcast-Looking-at-the-future-of-the-Utah-Jazz.html

Some highlights:

-During the season Quin has been focused more on the group, on the system and how the group played as a team, and now is the time when they are focusing on individual improvement of the players.
-They are not grouping the guys by position, they do exercises that they would need in order to improve specific things
-Dante is working on balance a lot, being able to attack in different ways, footwork - off one foot off both feet, change of pace, etc.
-Specifically mentioned finishing more creatively off of one leg.
-Rudy and Favors are doing similar exercises for balance.
-Rodney has been working on post game :) Quin said "I don't know if you've seen him in the post, but he's a decent post player".
-Olivier played well in the workout in SLC
-A lot of the players have been in Utah working on their game, he says there's been a lot of good energy in the gym thanks to both players and coaching staff.
-Talks about new staff additions,
-Overhauling what they do with video analysis, basketball strategies, different ways in which they use technology.
-Dante and Rodney bought into the importance of the defense last season, so he hopes the new rookies will do the same.
-Trey Lyles has good size and moves well for his size, a lot of his game is subtle in the way he contributes.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Desert News: Great interview with Quin with insight into the offseason work they are doing 

Post#2 » by KqWIN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:58 am

Excellent interview, thanks!

I'm expecting big things from the player development side. This staff was put together to maximize player development and now they've had a whole year with this team. This is the first summer Quin has had with the team and I think that will make a big difference.

I'm especially excited for the individual workout plans for each of the players, which Quin has alluded to a few times now. They use film to make a personalized development plan for each player. Dante has even mentioned himself how he is excited to have 82 games of film to watch and pick apart. I expect him to be much better next year.

Rodney Hood may have a secret twitter grudge, back to the basket was the one thing Tony Jones said he can't do.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Tjonessltrib/status/615002569560035328[/tweet]

Return to Utah Jazz