I'm just excited to watch us play again
13%

Total votes: 16

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

"Internal Development" 

Post#1 » by goober » Sun Jul 5, 2015 3:52 pm

We've seen this word used a lot when it comes to the Utah Jazz. How do you feel about it? Do you think it's the right way to go? Or are you wanting us to go after someone to help solidify our playoff case?
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Re: "Internal Development" 

Post#2 » by pickIBL » Sun Jul 5, 2015 4:07 pm

I say just be honest, overpaying in free agency makes no sense for the Jazz. That doesn't mean they can't find a way to bring in a young piece or go after future assets by taking on a contract. They will be adding $$ to payroll this year, so let's not pretend nothing is gonna happen.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Post#3 » by tleikheen » Sun Jul 5, 2015 5:04 pm

I agree no overpaying for pricey free agents ...stick to the course

3 of the most exciting up and coming teams are Utah,Milwaukee and Orlando ....basketball and excitement is back for these teams

Their long and lean and being built to play small ball teams but being longer and as fast

I think Dante (size,length speed) is going to be the prototype against the superstar PG's ,most of these PG's only advantage on him is experience and some cases strength....not speed or quickness or length
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#4 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:54 pm

When I looked at the options available tothe Jazz prior to the summer I didn't see much out there. So, I predicted a quiet offseason. So far I was right. But, I think the writing was on the wall for all to see. I know the radio guys would sometimes say things like, 'Watch out for draft night because I think big things are brewing.' But, I didn't see it.

The big name guys weren't coming here, and the middle name guys were mostly staying put. So, the Jazz have the potential to spend, but, not much realistic to spend on.

I still think David Lee is a potential deal. I still like the idea of throwing an offer at Calathes. But, Neither of those would be very groundbreaking deals. Just a little work on the bench and asset accumulation.

Paul George? Don't eat teh troll food.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Dozer!
Senior
And1: 46

Post#5 » by Dozer! » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:02 pm

Yes, but we need to do a better job of getting some assets for all these former developed Jazz players we lose for nothing and whom seem to be in high demand.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#6 » by Winglish » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:42 am

I think players should earn their minutes. I'd be 100% okay with bringing Exum off the bench if the Jazz could grab a better PG. I'm ready to watch victories. Mix internal development with a trade once in awhile. Grab a free agent when opportunity presents itself. Don't hamstring the franchise, but get the players necessary for playoff contention.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#7 » by pickIBL » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:51 am

Winglish wrote:I think players should earn their minutes. I'd be 100% okay with bringing Exum off the bench if the Jazz could grab a better PG. I'm ready to watch victories. Mix internal development with a trade once in awhile. Grab a free agent when opportunity presents itself. Don't hamstring the franchise, but get the players necessary for playoff contention.

Yea, that's the thing about development. It's a process. You draft a teen out of Aussie HS and you gotta let him go through that process. You don't just hand over the keys to an NBA club. That's got to be earned.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Post#8 » by MHSL82 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:50 am

tleikheen wrote: is experience and some cases strength....not speed or quickness or length

Nice, bringing some hidden poetry/rap to RealGM, just kidding.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Post#9 » by tleikheen » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:37 am

tleikheen wrote:
is experience and some cases strength....not speed or quickness or length

Nice, bringing some hidden poetry/rap to RealGM, just kidding.

funny ,I didn't even notice ....I must have been on a roll,lol

Return to Utah Jazz