Three Wings, No PG's

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Re: Three Wings, No PG's 

Post#21 » by BudTugly » Sun Aug 9, 2015 2:41 am

pickIBL wrote:Tomas Satoransky bashed the Wizards in the media. I'd send a warriors 1st to get it done. The buy out may be higher than the 600k, but you can just build it into the deal. 3 years 10 million plus the nearly 600k the Jazz can put towards buy out.

That nets you this...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7sH1xOfARc[/youtube]

That guy looks like a 2 guard to me. Good player though.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#22 » by pickIBL » Sun Aug 9, 2015 2:53 am

BudTugly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Tomas Satoransky bashed the Wizards in the media. I'd send a warriors 1st to get it done. The buy out may be higher than the 600k, but you can just build it into the deal. 3 years 10 million plus the nearly 600k the Jazz can put towards buy out.

That nets you this...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7sH1xOfARc[/youtube]

That guy looks like a 2 guard to me. Good player though.

That's why you don't scout off a 3 minute clip. What's Dante a 6'6 guy with some athleticism and defensive potential? Hmmmm
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#23 » by KqWIN » Sun Aug 9, 2015 3:00 am

Sato is really good. I was watching for Tomic and Hezonja, but Sato caught my eye. He can really play.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#24 » by stitches » Sun Aug 9, 2015 3:14 am

I watched him the other day against Shroeder. I'd pick Shroeder to be fair... but that's not an option so... Satoransky is still hell of a player. If we had him this coming season I'd be very confident with our chances for the playoffs.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#25 » by BudTugly » Sun Aug 9, 2015 4:05 pm

pickIBL wrote:
BudTugly wrote:That guy looks like a 2 guard to me. Good player though.

That's why you don't scout off a 3 minute clip. What's Dante a 6'6 guy with some athleticism and defensive potential? Hmmmm

Dante looks like a 2 guard sometimes too. I don't believe very many of us are 100% sold on him being the point. You're the guy providing the content for us btw. Maybe there's a more comprehensive clip? Maybe next time find something that isn't mostly the point guard getting assisted and scoring on his own.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#26 » by pickIBL » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:38 am

BudTugly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
BudTugly wrote:That guy looks like a 2 guard to me. Good player though.

Dante looks like a 2 guard sometimes too. I don't believe very many of us are 100% sold on him being the point. You're the guy providing the content for us btw. Maybe there's a more comprehensive clip? Maybe next time find something that isn't mostly the point guard getting assisted and scoring on his own.

What's wrong with a PG that dunks lobs?
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#27 » by BudTugly » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:21 pm

pickIBL wrote:
BudTugly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:

What's wrong with a PG that dunks lobs?

Nothing. But he looks like a 2. DIdn't see a whole lotta point guarding. His shot looks kinda slow too.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#28 » by JazzMatt13 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:54 am

Don't count on any Euro player this season.

We took 2 years to get Neto and we already had his rights. We waited for his contract to end, and chances are were not going to pay out someones contract, especially any top guys.
Jefff
Starter
And1: 4

Post#29 » by Jefff » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Snyder will try some Burks at the point: they're seeking for a big, defensive guard who can also play the point (see Garrett Temple).

I see also a finishing line up with Burks, Ingles and Hayward, maybe a starting unit with Burke, and Hood, Cotton-Neto-other (millsap?) coming off the bench.

Anyway, we had a season with Mcleod-Palacio at the helm............... i can live better with all the aforementioned guys!
NBA SINGS MORE JAZZ
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#30 » by Stoked » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Now that Exum is out for the year I think a lineup of Gobert/Favors/Hayward/Hood/Burks is much more likely. Especially early in the season.

Burke is what he is. An inefficient shoot first PG. Neto is a rookie to the NBA game and Cotton is awesome but is a DLeaguer. So Snyder will compensate by running the above lineup out early in the season to see if it can play well together.

I see that lineup having an excellent offensive chemistry, ball handling, passing, D, length and effort.

It will struggle against faster PGs.

Return to Utah Jazz