Three Wings, No PG's

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Three Wings, No PG's 

Post#1 » by KqWIN » Wed Aug 5, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm not too confident in the guys we have, but I do like the depth we have on the wing. Exum didn't do much besides take the ball up, so while it's not ideal, I think the Jazz can get away with not having a traditional PG. Do you see this as a possibility next year?

Personally I would like to see Millsap be the starter alongside Burks. Burks can bring the ball up and Millsap can do his best Exum impression on offense by having as minimal of an impact as possible. Hood leads the second unit.
Wolverine
Rookie
And1: 109

Re: Three Wings, No PG's 

Post#2 » by Wolverine » Thu Aug 6, 2015 12:31 am

Burks, Hood & HAyward together is what I'd like to see. They can all handle the ball
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#3 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 12:38 am

Wolverine wrote:Burks, Hood & HAyward together is what I'd like to see. They can all handle the ball

I would finish the game with that lineup, but I would keep Hood as the 6th man to help out the bench unit. There is no perimeter scoring beyond those three and you don't want Burke taking a lot of shots.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by stitches » Thu Aug 6, 2015 12:46 am

Zach Lowe and Amin Elhasan said in today's podcast they expect Neto to take the starting spot by end of the year.

I wouldn't mind us playing 3 ball-handling wings system.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#5 » by pickIBL » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:04 am

Neto should not be a starting PG in the NBA. Europe has better PGs. Time to cash in some chips for a guy like Satoranksy if you want to start a Euro rook. Plus a 6'7 athlete fits the defensive side better anyways. Time to make a move.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#6 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:26 am

pickIBL wrote:Neto should not be a starting PG in the NBA. Europe has better PGs. Time to cash in some chips for a guy like Satoranksy if you want to start a Euro rook. Plus a 6'7 athlete fits the defensive side better anyways. Time to make a move.

Any idea what the buyout situation is like? If he could sign and play for us this year I'm for it. Exum was the plan, and I was on board, but the injury changes everything. Sato could be a long term piece.
Bxjazzfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Bxjazzfan » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:46 am

I don't know much about Satoransky, but the Wizards drafted him a few years ago, so I think they own his rights if he wants to play in the NBA... i like the three wings idea, it would be nice to see it tested in a few games. I do think the Jazz are really going to throw Butke and Neto into the fire, which means they'll be getting plenty of playing time if Exum's injury is an ACL.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#8 » by pickIBL » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:55 am

Tomas Satoransky bashed the Wizards in the media. I'd send a warriors 1st to get it done. The buy out may be higher than the 600k, but you can just build it into the deal. 3 years 10 million plus the nearly 600k the Jazz can put towards buy out.

That nets you this...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7sH1xOfARc[/youtube]
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Three Wings, No PG's 

Post#9 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:04 am

pickIBL wrote:Tomas Satoransky bashed the Wizards in the media. I'd send a warriors 1st to get it done. The buy out may be higher than the 600k, but you can just build it into the deal. 3 years 10 million plus the nearly 600k the Jazz can put towards buy out.

That nets you this...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7sH1xOfARc[/youtube]

Do you think the OKC first, a second, and maybe some cash could get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#10 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:10 am

We could also eat Webster's contract and use our MLE to sign Sato. Webster and Sato for one of the owed firsts? I have no idea how Washington values him.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#11 » by stitches » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:12 am

Why do you guys think that Barcelona will just let him go? They just reloaded their team with young prospects, they let their long-term PG(Huertas) go and Satoransky is going to be one of their main pieces this coming year. They have too much invested in him to just let him go, especially when they don't have a replacement for him.

BTW, Huertas is still looking for a team in the NBA. He just rejected an offer from Galatasaray while waiting for offers from NBA. He might be a more realistic goal.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#12 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:14 am

stitches wrote:Why do you guys think that Barcelona will just let him go? They just reloaded their team with young prospects, they let their long-term PG(Huertas) go and Satoransky is going to be one of their main pieces this coming year. They have too much invested in him to just let him go, especially when they don't have a replacement for him.

BTW, Huertas is still looking for a team in the NBA. He just rejected an offer from Galatasaray while waiting for offers from NBA. He might be a more realistic goal.

That's why I was asking about the buyout situation. If he has an NBA out there's nothing Barcelona can do.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#13 » by Winglish » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:41 am

Jazz will sit on their ass and be content to collect money while losing. Season tickets down the drain. :(
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#14 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:47 am

Winglish wrote:Jazz will sit on their ass and be content to collect money while losing. Season tickets down the drain. :(

$205 to see 44 games of Trey Burke from the cheap seats. I feel scammed :banghead:
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#15 » by KDBG » Thu Aug 6, 2015 12:40 pm

I'll sound like a broken record, cause I've been repeating the same s*** everyday for the last few days... start Alec at the 1, and let him do work. Starting Trey at the 1 won't help anyone, imo. It's one of the reasons why Alec had an inconsistent year last season. Gordon and Trey would handle the ball for the most part, and it would force Alec to be the defacto spot-up shooter. That's not his game. Give Alec the damn rock, plain and simple. Alec's either a future star, or a future super 6th man. I don't see any in between with Alec. With Dante out, Alec will be the most intriguing story of the season.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#16 » by No-Man » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:41 pm

There is absolutely no way Satoransky leaves Barcelona this summer, 0
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#17 » by sipclip » Thu Aug 6, 2015 2:37 pm

When Exum moved into the starting lineup last year we had three wings and no pg's as well so it wouldn't be anything new. Exum may have been called a pg but he didn't do anything offensively last year that would actually classify him as a pg. He would have more so been classified as a 3 and D guy who wasn't very good at shooting the 3. If the jazz are willing to put Burks into the starting lineup with Hood and Hayward then that is a massive upgrade over what we got from Exum last year. It sucks that Exum is injured but it is by no means a dire situation for this basketball team. We have plenty of options and our offense doesn't rely on a true pg.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Three Wings, No PG's 

Post#18 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:18 pm

I assume Quin was anticipating trying the three Guard lineup. And no I assume he is planning on it really soon. No reason not to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#19 » by pickIBL » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:16 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:Why do you guys think that Barcelona will just let him go? They just reloaded their team with young prospects, they let their long-term PG(Huertas) go and Satoransky is going to be one of their main pieces this coming year. They have too much invested in him to just let him go, especially when they don't have a replacement for him.

That's why I was asking about the buyout situation. If he has an NBA out there's nothing Barcelona can do.

Generally they do have NBA outs, I'm not sure what his is. Barca paid 142k to buy him out from his team. So if they got 600k from him that'd be a nice return for them. And think of it like this... accepting a buyout agreement is like getting something back before a talent leaves via free agency. You can't trade him to Utah, all you can take is cash.

Let's say his buy-out is big... 2 million or something. So what? Do it.
Dry Fly
Starter
And1: 928

Post#20 » by Dry Fly » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:33 pm

I would be amazed if the Jazz went out and did anything like you guys are proposing.

Burks at the 1? I don't know. We did that before and it was pretty meh. I have no idea where Neto is at but if IBL says no then I'm not very optimistic.

Give Trey one more shot? Short leash? Then maybe try Burks... none of it sounds good to me. Hopefully the Jazz make a move.

Return to Utah Jazz