Trade Ideas Thread (2015-2016 season)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: Trade Ideas Thread (2015-2016 season) 

Post#261 » by sipclip » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:00 am

KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
KqWIN wrote:They don't actually hold the ball that much. It's selective memory.

Wow it's like a flashback to the Melo loyalists in Denver. Hood, Alec, and Hayward are ball stoppers which is why they all wont last together on this team. They crash the pace and make scoring too hard.

I'd love it if you every used an argument other than, "I'm right because I am, and you're wrong because you're dumb". Explain to me how this team of ball stoppers leads the league in passes, I'd love to hear it.

If all three of those guys were international players he would be loving that threesome.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#262 » by pickIBL » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:04 am

sipclip wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
Wow it's like a flashback to the Melo loyalists in Denver. Hood, Alec, and Hayward are ball stoppers which is why they all wont last together on this team. They crash the pace and make scoring too hard.

I'd love it if you every used an argument other than, "I'm right because I am, and you're wrong because you're dumb". Explain to me how this team of ball stoppers leads the league in passes, I'd love to hear it.

If all three of those guys were international players he would be loving that threesome.

Alec I like off the bench. Hood and Hayward I don't like together because neither is a 3D guy. But separately I like them. Where is Harrison Barnes from? His game fits with Hayward or Hood.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#263 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:18 am

sipclip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
sipclip wrote:We have a built in home court advantage when it comes to the altitude and playing with pace and Quinn will eventually take advantage of it.

He will? Then how come the Jazz are dead last in pace? Wouldn't we see some attempts to speed it up? Are we going to play fast with Favors and Gobert? Or will one of them be gone? If anything, Snyder seems committed to play slow with them.

Because we have been an injury riddled team with a rookie starting pg that lacks confidence. As we have gotten healthy lately and Neto has gained in confidence our pace of play has picked up.

In any season there will be fluctuations. I don't see why you'd focus on small\short fluctuations in pace rather than look at the overall picture. Bottom line - the Jazz this season are so far last in the league in pace. Last season, the Jazz were also last in the league in pace. Year before that they were 26th. This about about more than just confidence and health.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#264 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:20 am

pickIBL wrote:Maybe more appropriately IM could do something of jazz fans drinking the kool aide or burying their heads in the sand.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#265 » by sipclip » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:25 am

pickIBL wrote:
reapaman wrote:
I want to reiterate, I never once used the term ball hogg, selfish or blackhole to refer to our players. I said they impede ball movement because they can read a defense for crap and they don't have a natural instinct for playing off ball.

Overlapping skill set maybe. Isn't it fair to say Hood, Alec, and Hayward would like to operate with the ball?

You are knocking them simply because they are good at operating with the ball and since we haven't had a good offensive pg in years they are forced to operate with the ball. All 3 are also more than capable of operating off the ball since they are solid passers and spot up shooters. Some of you are acting like this offense is what it is and it won't improve and that his most likely not the case. Our pg's will improve and most of this team has not played together very much. So far this year Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Hood and Neto have played a grand total of 180 minutes together because of injuries. That is nothing in comparison to other teams that have had their core group players playing together for years. Our next 3 lineups that have played the most minutes together both include Lyles and Neto. You can clearly see where I am going with this. This team has hardly played together and they have a ton of room to grow on both ends of the court as they get used to playing with each other.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#266 » by pickIBL » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:27 am

Yea it clearly has nothing to do with getting Gobert involved.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#267 » by sipclip » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:30 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
sipclip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
He will? Then how come the Jazz are dead last in pace? Wouldn't we see some attempts to speed it up? Are we going to play fast with Favors and Gobert? Or will one of them be gone? If anything, Snyder seems committed to play slow with them.

Because we have been an injury riddled team with a rookie starting pg that lacks confidence. As we have gotten healthy lately and Neto has gained in confidence our pace of play has picked up.

In any season there will be fluctuations. I don't see why you'd focus on small\short fluctuations in pace rather than look at the overall picture. Bottom line - the Jazz this season are so far last in the league in pace. Last season, the Jazz were also last in the league in pace. Year before that they were 26th. This about about more than just confidence and health.

You are kidding right? It would be stupid not to pay attention to what is going on now versus when we were completely destroyed by injuries. Last year we were also beat up by injuries and once again we didn't have a pg. Exum was the worst offensive pg that I have ever seen last year. The guy was scared of the paint.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#268 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:44 am

sipclip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
sipclip wrote:

You are kidding right? It would be stupid not to pay attention to what is going on now versus when we were completely destroyed by injuries. Last year we were also beat up by injuries and once again we didn't have a pg. Exum was the worst offensive pg that I have ever seen last year. The guy was scared of the paint.

And the year before that? C'mon man...

I thought we have one of the best backup PGs in the league in Trey this season, and he's playing more than Neto, and the last thing Trey lacks is confidence, plus he's been healthy. So weren't we supposed to play faster still? Also, are we more healthy this season than we have been last season? No, we are not, quite the opposite and yet we were still last in pace last season. For me, this is not about Hayward specifically, but generally about our roster - we are not built to play at a fast pace, with Gobert and Favors. Corbin tried to make us play fast and failed, Snyder tried that too and failed. Now he's not even trying, but has given up and is going along with playing slow. It may be a good thing or not, but I wouldn't say that Snyder will take advantage of the Jazz playing with pace.

BasketballKing3
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#269 » by BasketballKing3 » Thu Feb 4, 2016 12:19 am

I haven't checked salaries but it would be really cool to get Teague and Korver in a deal with Atlanta. I would hate to give up Burks (I still think he's just getting started and is going to be a very good player) but am willing to part with him for a package deal of those two fine gentlemen.
BasketballKing3
Ballboy

Re: RE: Re: Trade Ideas Thread (2015-2016 season) 

Post#270 » by BasketballKing3 » Thu Feb 4, 2016 12:22 am

BasketballKing3 wrote:I haven't checked salaries but it would be really cool to get Teague and Korver in a deal with Atlanta. I would hate to give up Burks (I still think he's just getting started and is going to be a very good player) but am willing to part with him for a package deal of those two fine gentlemen.

I also do realize that in order to get them both we would have to give up more than Burks. Maybe Burks, Burke, Booker, and a 1st and 2nd.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#271 » by BudTugly » Thu Feb 4, 2016 1:45 am

Korver? What?
BasketballKing3
Ballboy

Post#272 » by BasketballKing3 » Thu Feb 4, 2016 4:09 am

BudTugly wrote:Korver? What?

Korver as in Kyle Korver you potato.

And I didn't realize we were the 8th best 3 point shooting team in the league until after I posted. So no he doesn't fit it in at all I just wanted a sniper from downtown off the bench. And you're still a potato.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#273 » by BudTugly » Thu Feb 4, 2016 4:14 am

BasketballKing3 wrote:
BudTugly wrote:Korver? What?

Korver as in Kyle Korver you potato.

And I didn't realize we were the 8th best 3 point shooting team in the league until after I posted. So no he doesn't fit it in at all I just wanted a sniper from downtown off the bench. And you're still a potato.

Thanks, Ace. Good talk.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#274 » by pickIBL » Fri Feb 5, 2016 2:59 am

Lol. Korver be all old and stuff
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#275 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:55 am

Teague to Utah, Morris to Raptors:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hty54q3

Hawks
out- Teague, Bazemore
In- T. Ross, Burke, 2nd rd pick
Good return for Teague, who they need to trade to open minutes for Schroder to start, good backup in Burke and gives them wing they need.

Raptors
out- T. Ross, Patterson
In- Morris, Tucker
They need a PF, and is reported that they want Morris. Cost is TRoss, but Tucker a good replacement at half the cost next season.

Jazz
Out- Burke, Booker, 2017 OKC 1st, two second round picks
In- Teague, Patterson
Jazz need a starting PG.

Suns
Out- Morris, Tucker
In- Booker, Bazemore, 2017 OKC pick, and 2nd rd pick
Morris wants out, even with Hornacek gone. This give them good return and frees up about $14M in salary next season.

Thought I'd pass it by here before posting to T&T board. Any of the teams getting shafted or offended with proposal? If anything, I think that Utah is overpaying here.

Personally, I'd rather keep Burks (who is the presumed piece going back to the Hawks in trade scenarios I've seen) and give up the OKC pick. Jazz have 7 second round picks in 2016 and 2017- time to put them to work.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#276 » by sipclip » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:04 am

I wouldn't post that on the trade board. You are going to get ripped by hawks fans who have no interest in Ross and his contract. They also really like Bazemore.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#277 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:33 am

sipclip wrote:I wouldn't post that on the trade board. You are going to get ripped by hawks fans who have no interest in Ross and his contract. They also really like Bazemore.

Haha, thanks for feedback.

Can we agree that the Hawks fans are delusional? First, Teague is a good starter, but they cling to the thought that he is an All Star.

Second, do they really think that Bazemore is better than Ross? Moreover, Bazemore is an UFA this summer, and if he is viewed on Ross's level he could get $10M+/yr, as that is the new $6M, and there is no guarantee he will sign with them as if I'm not mistaken they have no other rights associated with him.

I assume that they wouldn't be thrilled with Burks either, then, as he and Ross are pretty similar in contract and stats.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#278 » by CAE15 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 11:41 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Teague to Utah, Morris to Raptors:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hty54q3

Hawks
out- Teague, Bazemore
In- T. Ross, Burke, 2nd rd pick
Good return for Teague, who they need to trade to open minutes for Schroder to start, good backup in Burke and gives them wing they need.

Raptors
out- T. Ross, Patterson
In- Morris, Tucker
They need a PF, and is reported that they want Morris. Cost is TRoss, but Tucker a good replacement at half the cost next season.

Jazz
Out- Burke, Booker, 2017 OKC 1st, two second round picks
In- Teague, Patterson
Jazz need a starting PG.

Suns
Out- Morris, Tucker
In- Booker, Bazemore, 2017 OKC pick, and 2nd rd pick
Morris wants out, even with Hornacek gone. This give them good return and frees up about $14M in salary next season.

Thought I'd pass it by here before posting to T&T board. Any of the teams getting shafted or offended with proposal? If anything, I think that Utah is overpaying here.

Personally, I'd rather keep Burks (who is the presumed piece going back to the Hawks in trade scenarios I've seen) and give up the OKC pick. Jazz have 7 second round picks in 2016 and 2017- time to put them to work.

We have to give up more value.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#279 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:18 pm

Let's give this another shot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hpwncqe

Jazz:
Out- Burke, Booker (possibly), OKC 1st, two 2nds
In- Teague
Why?- Jazz need a starting PG.

Hawks:
Out- Teague, T. Hardaway Jr.
In- Burke, PJ Tucker, 2017 LAC 1st, 2nd rd pick
Why? Not sure that they can get any more for Teague to open up minutes for Schroeder. Burke will be decent backup PG, and they can play Bazemore and Tucker together and move Korver to second unit. This is probably appealing to them as they could use a 3 and D type player.

Raptors:
Out- Patterson, 2017 LAC 1st, 2nd rd pick
In- Morris, Hardaway Jr.
Why? They need a PF. I forgot that Carroll is injured, so they are not going to unload Ross, and in fact need another wing. They would prefer Tucker, but probably can't do it with salary constraints without giving up important piece, and they are in win now mode.

Suns:
Out- Morris, Tucker
In- Patterson (or Booker if they preferred him and Jazz take on Patterson), 2017 OKC 1st, two 2nd rd picks.
Why? Get as much as they can for Morris, who will want to leave regardless of who is coaching as the organization stabbed him in the back.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#280 » by BudTugly » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:03 pm

sipclip wrote:I wouldn't post that on the trade board. You are going to get ripped by hawks fans who have no interest in Ross and his contract. They also really like Bazemore.

Some of those ATL fans are the saltiest posters on RealGM.

Return to Utah Jazz