Game 12: Utah Jazz (6-5) @ Dallas Mavericks (8-4)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,327

Re: Game 12: Utah Jazz (6-5) @ Dallas Mavericks (8-4) 

Post#61 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Good game guys. You guys will be so scary in a year or two with a bit more experience and a couple more offensive pieces brought in.

Obviously I don't see the officiating quite the same as you guys do. I will say the refs were letting Zaza bull around. But I think when you've earned a reputation as a physical guy who always goes hard you get the benefit of the doubt at times.

Don't blame Favors one bit for being frustrated with it tho. He definitely was on the wrong end of some calls in short order.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,327

Post#62 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:25 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:That was first technical for Favors since 2012/2013 season. I completely understand him and I'm extremely impressed by his self-awareness and restraint not to get another one. One of the worst and one-sidedly officiated games I've seen recently and there have been quite a few I've had problems with this season alone. Please, folks, tell me it's not my homerism speaking and what I saw was real.

The thing about the tech was that it wasn't even the part of the game where he was the most furious. He was enraged by that goaltending call and probably should have been ejected. I think the refs knew they messed up and just let it slide. They probably made the call just based off JJ's reaction and didn't actually see the play. It wasn't close to being a goaltend.

you know JJ gets them superstar calls 8-) And yeah I thought it was a good block live and looking at the replay it was pretty clear. Seems like goaltending should be one of those things like when a 3 is close--they should be able to go back at the next dead ball and look at it and fix any errors.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#63 » by BarneyGumble » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:07 pm

stitches wrote:That was first technical for Favors since 2012/2013 season. I completely understand him and I'm extremely impressed by his self-awareness and restraint not to get another one. One of the worst and one-sidedly officiated games I've seen recently and there have been quite a few I've had problems with this season alone. Please, folks, tell me it's not my homerism speaking and what I saw was real.

Its not just you. It was a clearly one-sided affair which doesnt look one-sided if you just go by the stats.

Phil Jackson and Mark Cuban have both sent tapes to the league front offices on several occasions and always gotten their way afterwards. I feel like if the Jazz went back to the 1998 Finals and made a mixtape of all the times the refs have screwed us, it would be longer than "Gods and Generals". They should do it.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by BarneyGumble » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:08 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:

Its not just you. It was a clearly one-sided affair which doesnt look one-sided if you just go by the stats.

Phil Jackson and Mark Cuban have both sent tapes to the league front offices on several occasions and always gotten their way afterwards. I feel like if the Jazz went back to the 1998 Finals and made a mixtape of all the times the refs have screwed us from then until now, it would be longer than "Gods and Generals". They should do it.
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#65 » by Stern Fixer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:01 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:

Phil Jackson and Mark Cuban have both sent tapes to the league front offices on several occasions and always gotten their way afterwards. I feel like if the Jazz went back to the 1998 Finals and made a mixtape of all the times the refs have screwed us from then until now, it would be longer than "Gods and Generals". They should do it.

I always thought that Dick Bavetta should have gone to prison for what he did to us in game 6. He was always Stern's main henchman IMO.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by BarneyGumble » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Stern Fixer wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:

I always thought that Dick Bavetta should have gone to prison for what he did to us in game 6. He was always Stern's main henchman IMO.

Yes, totally agree. When Donaughy's book came out and implicated Bavetta in the conspiracy....I 100% believed him because of the 1998 Finals and the 2002 WCF where Bavetta screwed the Kings in favor of the Lakers.
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#67 » by Stern Fixer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:40 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:
Stern Fixer wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:

Yes, totally agree. When Donaughy's book came out and implicated Bavetta in the conspiracy....I 100% believed him because of the 1998 Finals and the 2002 WCF where Bavetta screwed the Kings in favor of the Lakers.

THANK YOU!!! Actually only read what was available on line and was unaware of the Bavetta allegations from the book. Donaughy was an opportunist and did a bad thing with the insider trading, but I think we still need to thank him for the scrutiny he later put on the NBA. It's certainly not perfect by any sense of the imagination but I feel like it is now more objective and on the level than it was for many, many years under David Stern. (You probably guessed by now where my forum name came from.)
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by BarneyGumble » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 pm

Stern was also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He's just a bad dude all around....
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#69 » by Stern Fixer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:Stern was also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He's just a bad dude all around....

Seriously? I mean don't get me started - if that's true, he's probably illuminati as well. :wink:

Return to Utah Jazz