Game 13: Oklahoma City Thunder (8-6) @ Utah Jazz (6-6)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Re: Game 13: Oklahoma City Thunder (8-6) @ Utah Jazz (6-6) 

Post#81 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:42 am

Durant got in Hood's landing space on that three. I don't think he touched him. But that's still a foul.

It's the anti-Bruce Bowen rule.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#82 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:44 am

Booker's D is so bad. He was 20 feet away from Durant with his back turned.

He's one of the best players in the world. Maybe you should keep an eye on him.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#83 » by stitches » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:45 am

It might be a good idea to guard Durant on the 3. Maybe! I don't know... I don't know much about basketball..
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#84 » by jazzfanWA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:47 am

I lost a lot of enthusiasm for this season when Exum went down and it is even worse now the way this team has played so far this season.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,463

Post#85 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:49 am

StocktonShorts wrote:Most people in the VIP seats agree. They'd rather sit in a dark room in the Vivint arena basement eating cheap food than watch this crap.

In a basement of a place called Vivint, I thought you'd say they rather sit in a dark room and watch strippers dance.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#86 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:00 am

For the 2nd time this game, Gobert tried to out-muscle Kanter. Bad move...

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#87 » by Tom349 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:14 am

Someone tell me why Trevor Booker continues to get minutes?
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:44 am

Tom349 wrote:Someone tell me why Trevor Booker continues to get minutes?

I'm running out of possible explanations.

We're almost in Jarron Collins-must-have-nude-pictures-of-Gail Miller territory.
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#89 » by Stern Fixer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:28 am

StocktonShorts wrote:Booker's D is so bad. He was 20 feet away from Durant with his back turned.

He's one of the best players in the world. Maybe you should keep an eye on him.

From what I saw, Hayward's D on Durant wasn't any better. I understand the height advantage but how does he get around our players so easily? Need to try Chris Johnson on him maybe. Just our luck, he chose this game to come back.

Our first real blow out loss of the season, but that was almost a foregone conclusion. OKC owns us any more - way too many match up problems particularly with Durant playing. The most athletic team in the league IMO and we're apparently not quick enough to defend topshelf athletes like Westbrook, Ibaka and Durant. That and then the intimidation factor - we looked timid and lost. Then there's conditioning, we're just not prepared to run with a team that won't let us make them a half-court offense.

The good is that bench players actually got a chance to play a bit in garbage time. Chris Johnson looked fantastic, Withey, Milsap and Lyles looked decent. Overall though, the bench looked pretty ragged which is probably a product of not getting enough work up to this point. If I was coach it would be wind sprints for everyone after the a@#chewing.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#90 » by FJS » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:29 am

The problem is if we don't play Booker, we only have Favors as PF. Lyles is the other one.
They have a better roster. They smashed us.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#91 » by FJS » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:28 pm

We need trades. Our bench is terrible and we need a true pg.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#92 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:43 pm

^Agreed. We play Booker because our other big man option is Lyles.....
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#93 » by tleikheen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:19 pm

OKC looked stronger and more physical than Utah on the inside.
I know on this board (realgm jazz) there was guys who knew Jazz had enough minutes for Gobert,Favors,Kanter.Though the Jazz kept Kanter from pts and rebounds ,they lost focus on the rest of the OKC players in doing so.Their's no doubt though Kanter occupies opposing teams attn.and that he plays very physical with the opposing team,something that really showed missing when one of(Favors/Gobert)was sitting.Their missing a 3rd big with Gobert/Favors. I think the ceiling got exposed on the Jazz last night.
Also Gobert didn't get the best of Kanter ,as pointed out by Inigo .Gobert tryed to bully on Kanter and hurt himself in doing so.
Now OKC has two physical players inside,Adams a good shotblocker and screensetter and a relentless inside scorer and rebounder.
Sucks when Utah could have been the team dominating all other teams on the inside instead of seeing their missing a 3rd big to go with Gobert/Favors.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#94 » by KqWIN » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:25 pm

You guys are out of our minds if you think Kanter would be the same player in Utah as he is in OKC. He hated it here and wanted out for a long time. The role you guys are describing, he and his agent were not content with that. He was never going to be willing to come off the bench for the Utah Jazz.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#95 » by tleikheen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:59 pm

You guys are out of our minds if you think Kanter would be the same player in Utah as he is in OKC. He hated it here and wanted out for a long time.

Go back and look at some of his offensive stats,he had more 20/15 games than Gobert and Favors combined.He is no slouch offensively ,defensively he was not good.The difference was OKC let him loose inside the paint and he's shooting around 60%,whereas Snyder tryed to make him a stretch 4 .No wonder he likes playing with OKC more and is producing.Now Utah is exposed as not having a competent 3rd big to go with Gobert/Favors.There is a definite ceiling Utah is seeing now.It was a little painful watching Gobert try to bang Kanter to back him down and get hurt doing it.
Kanter just turned 23 this summer and looks like he learned more about defense then he did in Utah.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#96 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:03 pm

tleikheen wrote:
You guys are out of our minds if you think Kanter would be the same player in Utah as he is in OKC. He hated it here and wanted out for a long time.

Go back and look at some of his offensive stats,he had more 20/15 games than Gobert and Favors combined.He is no slouch offensively ,defensively he was not good.The difference was OKC let him loose inside the paint and he's shooting around 60%,whereas Snyder tryed to make him a stretch 4 .No wonder he likes playing with OKC more and is producing.Now Utah is exposed as not having a competent 3rd big to go with Gobert/Favors.There is a definite ceiling Utah is seeing now.It was a little painful watching Gobert try to bang Kanter to back him down and get hurt doing it.
Kanter just turned 23 this summer and looks like he learned more about defense then he did in Utah.

i dont think Snyder did anything wrong. I think you are seeing Kanter play better because 1) he plays against second unit defenders instead of starters now and 2) he gets to feed off of Durant and Westbrook instead of Hayward and Favors, which is a HUGE upgrade in talent.......
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#97 » by KqWIN » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:16 pm

tleikheen wrote:

When a player publicly demands a trade and says that he doesn't give his best effort it's a good sign that things weren't going to work out. Change of scenery is a real thing, whatever's he's doing in OKC is irrelevant because it wasn't going to happen in Utah. If we kept him and matched his offer sheet he'd still be moping and playing awful basketball. Quin didn't even bench him, imagine how much worse he would have been if he did. Give me a good reason to believe that Kanter would have suddenly started to be happy to be here and start playing better? According to him he didn't want to be here in the first place. The mistake was made a long time ago. We drafted a diva, he wasn't happy and put himself before the team, and then we let it linger for years.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#98 » by stitches » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:23 am

am I the only one who feels like this team is not well coached offensively?
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#99 » by Tom349 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:46 pm

stitches wrote:am I the only one who feels like this team is not well coached offensively?

I struggle to see how anybody could think this team is well coached offensively. On countless possessions a player will be caught with the ball for far too long (generally Gobert), resulting in a late shot, we are very stagnant and offer little to no off the ball movement for either a cut to the basket or three with more air space to get the shot off. We turn down far too many open shots in the hope of getting a better look, which is a tactic you use when teams respect your shotmaking ability, which is something our opponents don't.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#100 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:15 pm

stitches wrote:am I the only one who feels like this team is not well coached offensively?

No.

Return to Utah Jazz