Alley hoop to Gobert

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Alley hoop to Gobert 

Post#1 » by FJS » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:57 pm

You watch De André, Capela to get every night 4,5 lobs every night. they are not better in offense than Rudy, but Paul and harden know how to get it done. last Night they pass to him and almost put 20 points but jazz teammates use to refuse to pass him.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Alley hoop to Gobert 

Post#2 » by stitches » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:01 pm

FJS wrote:You watch De André, Capela to get every night 4,5 lobs every night. they are not better in offense than Rudy, but Paul and harden know how to get it done. last Night they pass to him and almost put 20 points but jazz teammates use to refuse to pass him.

It's not just the ballhandler. It's also Gobert. He doesn't have a stable enough base to explode for an alley oop like that... every time somebody even brushes onto him around the paint even if it's a small defender he doesn't have the balance to go get the ball. Also... Rudy's hands are nowhere near as good as DeAndre's hands, who catches almost everything thrown around him.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,290

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:33 am

Eh, Hill and Exum I think both do a decent job finding him in ideal spots for the lob. We don't have passers on the level of Paul/Harden so that is part of it, too. This is when you wish Earl Watson were an assistant.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Charlie_S
Rookie
And1: 87

Post#4 » by Charlie_S » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:55 am

stitches wrote:
FJS wrote:You watch De André, Capela to get every night 4,5 lobs every night. they are not better in offense than Rudy, but Paul and harden know how to get it done. last Night they pass to him and almost put 20 points but jazz teammates use to refuse to pass him.

It's not just the ballhandler. It's also Gobert. He doesn't have a stable enough base to explode for an alley oop like that... every time somebody even brushes onto him around the paint even if it's a small defender he doesn't have the balance to go get the ball. Also... Rudy's hands are nowhere near as good as DeAndre's hands, who catches almost everything thrown around him.

That's definitely true. Also, our spacing is often far from ideal for these kind of plays (Clippers making it work with their lineup is an exception to the rule and a testament to their talent level). But this should clearly become a regular part of our offense, especially when Gobert is out there without Favors - it's the only true viable solution to involve Rudy, even if I certainly don't expect him to become as good at it as DeAndre. The onus is on everyone involved, including the coaching staff, to work on that.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#5 » by KqWIN » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:36 pm

For as much grief as we give Rudy, he's still having as good or a better offensive season than Jordan, Adams, and Capela. His game may not be as pretty, but it's just as effective. I'm sure it would be even better if he was playing with Harden, Westbrook, or CP3.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Alley hoop to Gobert 

Post#6 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Gobert is good enough to be a part of a big three. He is our best player right now. And I would say it's not really close considering his age and experience and how much he could still grow as a player.

Return to Utah Jazz