The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Re: The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#141 » by KDBG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:53 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:X-Com 2 with Long War 2 official Mod. You're welcome.

Wow, I've really been behind on games for the past year not having a gaming system. This game looks dope from what I'm seeing on YouTube. I just bought a new Xbox One, so I'll have to bring back one of the games I just bought as well so I can buy this. Thanks for the suggestion.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#142 » by goober » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 pm

What are some good restaurants in SLC that are nice restaurants but aren't crazy expensive? Suitable for a prom
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#143 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 pm

KDBG wrote:

Wow, I've really been behind on games for the past year not having a gaming system. This game looks dope from what I'm seeing on YouTube. I just bought a new Xbox One, so I'll have to bring back one of the games I just bought as well so I can buy this. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's turn-based strategy, just to be clear.
Also, if you haven't already--get The Witcher 3, even if it's the only thing you do. One of the best games of all time, and the new benchmark for RPGs.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#144 » by AingesBurner » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm

KDBG wrote:

Sniper Elite is more of a strategic game than FPS, you have to make good shots without being detected or you will most likely die.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#145 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Goober wrote:What are some good restaurants in SLC that are nice restaurants but aren't crazy expensive? Suitable for a prom

Buca di Bepo would be a cool spot for Prom. It's an Italian place with a cool vibe. I have seen a ton of kids there for prom before.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#146 » by DelaneyRudd » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Goober wrote:What are some good restaurants in SLC that are nice restaurants but aren't crazy expensive? Suitable for a prom

I'm a bit out of date but I recommend Canellas. I hope they're still open.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#147 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Bates High School is a good location for a prom.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#148 » by AingesBurner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:46 am

You want to look like a cool sophisticated cat take her to the Copper Onion.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#149 » by AingesBurner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:57 am

Sea Salt is good as well.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#150 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 am

GobertReport wrote:

There breakfast is great. Haven't tried dinner. I assume it's as awesome? Also, the single best service I've received in my life was from there.
AingesBurner
RealGM

The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#151 » by AingesBurner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

There breakfast is great. Haven't tried dinner. I assume it's as awesome? Also, the single best service I've received in my life was from there.

It's quite delicious, if you like good beer than Avenues Proper is the ****.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#152 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:55 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I love beer. Thanks.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#153 » by AingesBurner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:There breakfast is great. Haven't tried dinner. I assume it's as awesome? Also, the single best service I've received in my life was from there.

I love beer. Thanks.

You're welcome, they do small batch brewing, their Pilsner and Brown ale are absolutely delicious, $6 for 32 oz mini pitcher and the food is absolutely delicious, their cheese plate is the best I have had, the burger is fantastic and they actually know how to cook it medium rare.
Ingles is cooked.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#154 » by pickIBL » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:41 pm

KqWIN wrote:Recently got back into playing pickup and am shocked at what's going on. Every game is 5 Steph Curry's vs 5 Steph Curry's. Everyone is pulling up from 5+ feet behind the line after a series of dribble moves with no one around them. Never thought I'd be one of those people, but Curry has ruined the game for me.

I hate those punks. I back them down, pump fake, then take them out. Also blind screen them cuz their buds dont talk
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#155 » by KqWIN » Thu Mar 2, 2017 6:43 pm

pickIBL wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Recently got back into playing pickup and am shocked at what's going on. Every game is 5 Steph Curry's vs 5 Steph Curry's. Everyone is pulling up from 5+ feet behind the line after a series of dribble moves with no one around them. Never thought I'd be one of those people, but Curry has ruined the game for me.

I hate those punks. I back them down, pump fake, then take them out. Also blind screen them cuz their buds dont talk

It's unbearable...and it's not even like I'm playing against kids. I play on a college campus. I left the game as shooter and came back as a 5'9 version of Kenneth Faried. I catch so many air ball passes every game.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#156 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 7:26 pm

KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:

It's unbearable...and it's not even like I'm playing against kids. I play on a college campus. I left the game as shooter and came back as a 5'9 version of Kenneth Faried. I catch so many air ball passes every game.

Hah. That's how I've always played my game. People in general are horrible at understanding rebounding positioning. I've had friends get scholarships for basketball but I would routinely beat them in 21 because I would out rebound them, am a good free throw shooter, and I would try to never allow a tip in to get me back to 0.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#157 » by KqWIN » Thu Mar 2, 2017 7:45 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:I hate those punks. I back them down, pump fake, then take them out. Also blind screen them cuz their buds dont talk

Hah. That's how I've always played my game. People in general are horrible at understanding rebounding positioning. I've had friends get scholarships for basketball but I would routinely beat them in 21 because I would out rebound them, am a good free throw shooter, and I would try to never allow a tip in to get me back to 0.

I've learned to evolve :lol:. I'm not very tall or athletic, so most of my shots came from the perimeter, but the game has changed. Everybody is firing off 30 footers. I've never seen so many step back jumpers and streetball moves performed on the air, but that's what you do now. The cool thing to do is perform dribble moves at half court with no one around and hoist up a hail Mary. If you get lucky and it goes in you walk back like a badass who didn't just miss 15 in a row.
KDBG
Starter

Post#158 » by KDBG » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:53 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
KDBG wrote:

It's turn-based strategy, just to be clear.
Also, if you haven't already--get The Witcher 3, even if it's the only thing you do. One of the best games of all time, and the new benchmark for RPGs.

Yeah, I saw that it was turned-based. I actually don't mind turned-based, cause it takes extra critical thinking instead of just hack-n-slash type RPGs. I like both though.

I played a little Witcher 3, it was fantastic. It's just so hard to play all these games at once, especially with how much I play Madden 17 and Elder Scrolls Online.
KDBG
Starter

Post#159 » by KDBG » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:54 pm

GobertReport wrote:
KDBG wrote:

Sniper Elite is more of a strategic game than FPS, you have to make good shots without being detected or you will most likely die.

Oh I see. That was laziness on my part. I just assumed it was a FPS with Sniper in the name. I'll have to rent it for sure though.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#160 » by KqWIN » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:43 am

Random thing I learned today...I play against Joe Ingles' wife on Thursday in my basketball league. Never thought I'd compete against a world champion :D

Return to Utah Jazz