Refugees from another Jazz forum

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Re: Refugees from another Jazz forum 

Post#21 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:49 am

babyjax13 wrote:Glad to have more members, you found a good place!

Thanks for the welcome! Too bad the trio of Gobert, Hill and Hayward suffered their first loss tonight.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#22 » by FJS » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:15 pm

welcome guys.
The more the merrier.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#23 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 2:06 pm

Jazz Dog and any other potential Guess The Score players: There is a post with a poll up top concerning on how to handle it. I voted for option #3, embedding it in game thread like it was last night against Memphis, and having a separate sticky for the rules and scoreboard. If we are lucky, maybe a few locals will join in. In the old Trib Talk days, we probably had 30-40 people playing, but our ranks are very thin now.

Soul Patch suggested having money on the line, but transferring and collecting money from essentially anonymous posters on forums is a hassle and challenge, and it probably isn't permitted under Real GM rules. You can always play the game for fun and bet somewhere else if you believe you have the hot hand!
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#24 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 2:31 pm

FJS wrote:welcome guys.The more the merrier.

Thanks! Posting from Barcelona? That sounds like a pretty cool place to live. That other guy from Spain, Marc Gasol, came out of the blocks with guns ablazing last night and made up for his previous game against the Jazz where he only scored eight points on 4-22 shooting. Last night Gasol had eight points in the first quarter.
Jazz Dog
Jazz Forum GTS Commissioner
And1: 264

Post#25 » by Jazz Dog » Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:18 pm

Guys I think it'll be fine being in the game thread. I usually do a couple at a time so we'll have to see what works best.

thanks again
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#26 » by zero24gravity » Mon Jan 9, 2017 7:32 pm

Sad refugee here as well.

As the last surviving moderator of our now lost forum ... I already miss JazzNation, but I'm sure this will be a great spot to share my infinite Jazz wisdom ;)

The Russians really did take over .... I feel so ... Trump'd (I'll steer clear of all political topics from this point forward)
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Re: RE: Re: Refugees from another Jazz forum 

Post#27 » by FJS » Mon Jan 9, 2017 10:28 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:

Thanks! Posting from Barcelona? That sounds like a pretty cool place to live. That other guy from Spain, Marc Gasol, came out of the blocks with guns ablazing last night and made up for his previous game against the Jazz where he only scored eight points on 4-22 shooting. Last night Gasol had eight points in the first quarter.

I'm really from San Baudilio, same town of Gasol, pretty near to Bcn.
Still a die jazz fan for years (90's) and believe me, I was not cheering for him.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#28 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 10:42 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
As the last surviving moderator of our now lost forum ... I already miss JazzNation, but I'm sure this will be a great spot to share my infinite Jazz wisdom ;)

Glad you made it over Zero. Folks have been very welcoming. Thanks again for trying to fend off the Russian hordes. Maybe you can moderate us refugees! :lol:
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#29 » by zero24gravity » Mon Jan 9, 2017 10:57 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Glad you made it over Zero. Folks have been very welcoming. Thanks again for trying to fend off the Russian hordes. Maybe you can moderate us refugees! :lol:

Thanks MT.

I'll moderate, as long as Mu behaves. lol
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#30 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 11:18 pm

Regarding GTS, I changed to vote for option three in the poll question in thread at very top, thinking that we could have a sticky for GTS Rules and Standing Updates, but post the game question and predictions in the game thread --- similar to what we were doing before. Also, we are talking about setting a reset start date at some game so locals and everybody starts at zero. There is still a sticky thread at the top of board for ideas along with a poll.
Dry Fly
Starter
And1: 928

Post#31 » by Dry Fly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:14 am

New blood is good blood.
Mutangclan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#32 » by Mutangclan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 am

zero24gravity wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Thanks MT.

I'll moderate, as long as Mu behaves. lol

Haha, I like this new forum already! Guys are passionate, and even when I completely disagree, they come back and back up opinion with stats/facts etc.
And imagine.....a world where you can have different opinions with strangers on a forum and a grown man doesn't take it personally or his feel bads aren't crushed when you disagree!!?? Its like Christmas round here....
"People who put quotes here are tools."
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Post#33 » by MTJazzv3 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:52 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Haha, I like this new forum already! Guys are passionate, and even when I completely disagree, they come back and back up opinion with stats/facts etc.
And imagine.....a world where you can have different opinions with strangers on a forum and a grown man doesn't take it personally or his feel bads aren't crushed when you disagree!!?? Its like Christmas round here....

Well, Tang, you certainly came in swinging in our new home. Good on ya. You're back on your game and the Jazz beat the Cavs. Life is good. And I noticed Space checked in. Still strangers in a strange land but our weird JazzNation weird passionate diversity appears to fit well over here and Crunch is having a ball. I think all forums like it when thoughtful fans migrate in. Thanks to Real GM for such an awesome welcome!

PS. Mr. Inigo Montoya has been especially awesome on the welcome. In these weird times it is nice to be welcomed as an immigrant (end of my political jibes).
Crunch 99
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: Refugees from another Jazz forum 

Post#34 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 am

FJS wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:

I'm really from San Baudilio, same town of Gasol, pretty near to Bcn.
Still a die jazz fan for years (90's) and believe me, I was not cheering for him.

Ok, good thing you are cheering for the proper team! :) And thanks for moderating!!!

Speaking of 31 year old Marc Gasol, an interesting fact is prior to this season the most three pointers he had made in an entire season was 3. This season Gasol has already knocked down 51 three pointers, way more than he knocked down in all his prior seasons combined. He is knocking them down at an excellent 39.5% rate. Gasol's three point shooting has become another big weapon for the Grizz this season, a big weapon that all his previous coaches failed to utilize!

Maybe there is still hope that Favors can become a credible three point shooter too?
Mutangclan
Junior

Post#35 » by Mutangclan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:29 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Well, Tang, you certainly came in swinging in our new home. Good on ya. You're back on your game and the Jazz beat the Cavs. Life is good. And I noticed Space checked in. Still strangers in a strange land but our weird JazzNation weird passionate diversity appears to fit well over here and Crunch is having a ball. I think all forums like it when thoughtful fans migrate in. Thanks to Real GM for such an awesome welcome!

PS. Mr. Inigo Montoya has been especially awesome on the welcome. In these weird times it is nice to be welcomed as an immigrant (end of my political jibes).

Hah, well,had plenty of time lately and it was only right to PROPERLY introduce ourselves :nod:
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Post#36 » by MTJazzv3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Hah, well,had plenty of time lately and it was only right to PROPERLY introduce ourselves :nod:

You go man, you definitely have more people disagreeing with you over here than was the case in our homeland but as you noted its pretty civil and very bball smart over here. I'm wading in more slowly - learning the language and habits here. Speaking of, why don't people clip their quote threads in this land? I don't need to see a full page post of stuff I've already read with like one sentence added by the last commenter.
Mutangclan
Junior

Post#37 » by Mutangclan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:43 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

You go man, you definitely have more people disagreeing with you over here than was the case in our homeland but as you noted its pretty civil and very bball smart over here. I'm wading in more slowly - learning the language and habits here. Speaking of, why don't people clip their quote threads in this land? I don't need to see a full page post of stuff I've already read with like one sentence added by the last commenter.

Hah yea i was wondering the same thing.....

But yes, this seems to be a good group for sure. I'm enjoying it, and have posted more in here these past few days it seems than I have all year.
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Post#38 » by MTJazzv3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:15 am

Hey Tang! Remember when I called Gobert for a 30 pt game this season and you said no way? Well, 27 pts is knocking on the door, much less 25 fricking RB's. Insane game by Rudy @ Mavs.
Mutangclan
Junior

Post#39 » by Mutangclan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:29 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:Hey Tang! Remember when I called Gobert for a 30 pt game this season and you said no way? Well, 27 pts is knocking on the door, much less 25 fricking RB's. Insane game by Rudy @ Mavs.

Hahahaha, yessir, I was watching it and laughing. He came close for sure. I think that was ideal for his scoring prowess as the Mavs played without a center really all game. And Rudy even hit right at his avg on ft's, so I think that was his peak game offensively for the year.

More importantly, man he dominated. Rudy trying to secure that all star bid.
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Post#40 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:00 am

Not sure I get this forum yet being the new guy. It does seem like a little top-down stuff but I HATE the hygiene over here.

"PS. I'm a refugee here and have no rights so feel free to deport me. However, this lazy clip thing is bugging the **** out of me as it is anti-thetical to hot-chops conversation. Crunch lead us over here and the welcome has been really good. But seriously, the posting hygiene over here is bad. Trim your damn QUOTES. Not that hard."

The lack of trimming quotes is really putting me off. It seems so lazy.

Return to Utah Jazz