56%

Total votes: 18

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

All-stars from the Jazz 

Post#1 » by bleu » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:48 am

I was somewhat surprised to see that there isn't a thread on this, since it seems to be the main topic for Utah sports radio hosts and Jazz Twitter lately, but I'm curious to get some opinions of those on the board.

I'm sure that most of us probably agree that the Jazz have two guys who deserve to be all-stars this season. Rudy and Hayward have both been phenomenal. But with all-star reserves being announced next Thursday, which (if either) do you think gets the nod?
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Re: All-stars from the Jazz 

Post#2 » by Tom349 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:57 am

I think Hayward is the more deserving of the two given he has been playing at near all star level for the last couple of seasons and has since elevated his level of play to all star level. He also fits the all star game better, given defense doesn't exist and that is Rudys calling.

I want both to make so that they rightfully get acknowledge for their level of play but at the same time if were to have a week of I would be happy with that result as well.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#3 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Hayward might fit better, but we all know there will be one or two guys trying to take over to get named MVP, and won't pass the ball to Hayward but maybe a couple times.

Both players deserve it, but if I can only choose one, I'd rather see the coaches pick Rudy, so I can watch him whiz all over their notion of no defense, and turn the game back into something that actually resembles basketball.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#4 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:05 pm

I think we see both, Rudy feels snubbed he's not a starter and I expect monstar games out of him until the reserves are selected.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#5 » by Daddy 801 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Gobert has enough pride I agree that he takes the game seriously if he gets in. Still think neither Hayward or Gobert gets in. Which is crap.
Mutangclan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#6 » by Mutangclan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:47 pm

I actually believe that both will be chosen because coaches are smart, while fans are not. You can make arguments for both of them, and both are playing at all star levels while having severe impacts on wins as the lead the best team in the NW division.
"People who put quotes here are tools."
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:20 am

Both are deserving, but I think Hayward is pretty much a lock at this point. He has been incredible for us, and as a top 5 team in the West, we have to have someone there (especially since we might pass the Clippers by the all-star game).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#8 » by bleu » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:39 am

To me, with the way we are sitting in the current standings, we have to get one. There would be riots in the streets of Salt Lake if we didn't get one. I guess the real question is if we are able to get both of those guys in there. I think that Hayward making the all-star game could have somewhat of an impact on whether he sticks around this offseason or not.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#9 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 pm

ESPN committee is expecting both Gobert and Hayward to be selected. Also, ESPN's Stein has the Jazz ranked number 5 in new power rankings this morning.

5. Utah Jazz
2016-17 record: 29-16
Previous ranking: 9

Giannis Antetokounmpo's selection as an All-Star Game starter means that the Jazz have inherited the league's longest drought without a starter. Karl Malone was Utah's last All-Star starter, which requires a rewind back to 1998. But another All-Star drought should be ending soon for the Jazz, who haven't sent anyone to the big event in February (starter or reserve) since Deron Williams made it in 2011. The Committee's contention is that both Rudy Gobert and Gordon Hayward will be selected, but you have to believe that at least one of them is New Orleans-bound. In a bit of good timing, Gobert recently uncorked the league's first 25-and-25 game this season in win No. 5 of Utah's six-game winning streak.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#10 » by dautjazz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:07 pm

I think we should have both Hayward and Gobert in.

Sent from my phone which is better than yours!
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.

Return to Utah Jazz