Why are you guys so lazy on clipping replys?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Why are you guys so lazy on clipping replys? 

Post#1 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:20 am

Never seen this on any other forum but here. There is a full page essay going on of re-quotes and people just copy it and add one sentence like we already hadn't read the previous? Clean up what you are replying to a bit versus endless scroll? Or am I just being a new thorn in the side to the way you guys like it around here?
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Re: Why are you guys so lazy on clipping replys? 

Post#2 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:34 am

PS. I'm a refugee here and have no rights so feel free to deport me. However, this lazy clip thing is bugging the **** out of me as it is anti-thetical to hot-chops conversation. Crunch lead us over here and the welcome has been really good. But seriously, the posting hygiene over here is bad. Trim your damn QUOTES. Not that hard.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:13 am

You are no longer a refugee, and have as many rights here as anyone else the minute you start posting, so don't feel like you're intruding. Having said that, as to the the issue at hand, I must say I like it most of the times. It helps to provide context and continuity. There are some incidents where it bloats the page sometimes, but for me it is worth it. In the end, there will still be 20 posts per page no matter what so it really isn't a big deal to me. "When in Rome," and all that.

Not all people read the previous pages and posts, so it helps. I'd say the best example of that recently has been in the Jazz@Mavs game thread, posts 3 to 7:
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=51613411#p51613411
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#4 » by MeestR » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:09 pm

I kinda feel the same way as Inigo. I would rather read the conversation inside the quotes than click back through the pages of irrelevant (to me) posts to get the context. Especially since sometimes I'm on Realgm all day it seems, and other times, I go days, or weeks without checking in. I like to read the conversations inside the quotes and pretend I've been following along the whole time.
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#5 » by idajazz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:28 pm

whiner (-:
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#6 » by Luigi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:PS. I'm a refugee here and have no rights so feel free to deport me. However, this lazy clip thing is bugging the **** out of me as it is anti-thetical to hot-chops conversation. Crunch lead us over here and the welcome has been really good. But seriously, the posting hygiene over here is bad. Trim your damn QUOTES. Not that hard.
Inigo Montoya wrote:You are no longer a refugee, and have as many rights here as anyone else the minute you start posting, so don't feel like you're intruding. Having said that, as to the the issue at hand, I must say I like it most of the times. It helps to provide context and continuity. There are some incidents where it bloats the page sometimes, but for me it is worth it. In the end, there will still be 20 posts per page no matter what so it really isn't a big deal to me. "When in Rome," and all that.

Not all people read the previous pages and posts, so it helps. I'd say the best example of that recently has been in the Jazz@Mavs game thread, posts 3 to 7:
MeestR wrote:I kinda feel the same way as Inigo. I would rather read the conversation inside the quotes than click back through the pages of irrelevant (to me) posts to get the context. Especially since sometimes I'm on Realgm all day it seems, and other times, I go days, or weeks without checking in. I like to read the conversations inside the quotes and pretend I've been following along the whole time.
MeestR wrote:I kinda feel the same way as Inigo. I would rather read the conversation inside the quotes than click back through the pages of irrelevant (to me) posts to get the context. Especially since sometimes I'm on Realgm all day it seems, and other times, I go days, or weeks without checking in. I like to read the conversations inside the quotes and pretend I've been following along the whole time.
idajazz wrote:whiner (-:
MTJazzv3 wrote:Never seen this on any other forum but here. There is a full page essay going on of re-quotes and people just copy it and add one sentence like we already hadn't read the previous? Clean up what you are replying to a bit versus endless scroll? Or am I just being a new thorn in the side to the way you guys like it around here?

Good points all
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Mutangclan
Junior
And1: 54

Post#7 » by Mutangclan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:You are no longer a refugee, and have as many rights here as anyone else the minute you start posting, so don't feel like you're intruding. Having said that, as to the the issue at hand, I must say I like it most of the times. It helps to provide context and continuity. There are some incidents where it bloats the page sometimes, but for me it is worth it. In the end, there will still be 20 posts per page no matter what so it really isn't a big deal to me. "When in Rome," and all that.

I was with MTJazz on the clipping responses but now see how guys can like it that way. Makes sense.

Nice way of doing things over here, you guys can speak and argue or whatever, and it's handled very nicely. I enjoy it.
Props to you moderator as well with how you mod.
"People who put quotes here are tools."
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Post#8 » by MTJazzv3 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

I was with MTJazz on the clipping responses but now see how guys can like it that way. Makes sense.

Nice way of doing things over here, you guys can speak and argue or whatever, and it's handled very nicely. I enjoy it.
Props to you moderator as well with how you mod.

Ditto that. (See what I did here?) :lol:
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#9 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:39 am

I think the whole reason we all use quotes/clip so much is it lets you know through notifications that someone has replied to your post. Otherwise you could leave a post in some thread and never see someone replied. At least that's why I do it.

Return to Utah Jazz