Game 54: Utah Jazz (34-19) @ Dallas Mavericks (20-32)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: RE: Re: Game 54: Utah Jazz (34-19) @ Dallas Mavericks (20-32) 

Post#61 » by stitches » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Winglish wrote:
stitches wrote:Didn't watch. By comments it seems like I spared myself some frustration. how the hell did we lose after leading by 4 in the last 20 seconds?

Rudy fouled Dirk and also fouled out of the game in doing so. Serendipitously, Dirk missed the ensuing free throw and Harrison Barnes grabs the ball and jumps up and dunks it (No Rudy to stop him).
On the ensuing Jazz possession, Alec Burks lost the ball out of bounds and it was Dirk's turn to win the game for his team. Harrison Barnes played hero ball instead and missed! Duh! But Dirk was right there to steal the rebound and he put the game into overtime.
The rest is history- The Mavs controlled overtime.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app

So pretty much the same way we were losing last year - couldn't get a defensive rebound? What a shame...
Mutangclan
Junior
And1: 54

Re: Game 54: Utah Jazz (34-19) @ Dallas Mavericks (20-32) 

Post#62 » by Mutangclan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
His love affair with Mack is back, we need to trade his ass asap, really want DWill. Favors playing like a bum as well, wish we could package Favors, Hood, and Exum for an actual STUD!

Hah, a road loss against a decent team that goes to OT and everything about the Jazz is terrible on here! Quin is terrible, he's a horrible coach, everything is stupid!

Jazz relaxed 21pts up, much like a younger up and coming team will do. But it happens. Subtle reminder here that **** happens, and we aren't going to win all the time. It was a road loss.

Lastly, Shelvin Mack thoroughly, THOROUGHLY outplayed Dante tonite as Dante was one bonehead play after another. And we needed PG play tonight big time as Devin Harris and Yogi got tons of mins. Statistically Shelvin brought 7ast and 5 rbs to Dantes ZERO's.....

True but the most frustrating part was Favors, he plays like a beast in Atlanta but plays like a bum tonight, dude has no heart, and George Hill is starting to become soft.

Well I mentioned this a week or two ago, that we have a problem here with Favors.
I dont think at all its about Favors having no heart. He has problems with his back or knees, its plainly obvious. Some nights he can bring it, some nights he can't. Hes so young still that I am seriously considering if we should resign him at this point. I just dont think he'll ever be right.

George Hill is a warrior. You dont see this as smart?? He's got an injury on the most abused part of the body in basketball, the toes! Only smart to do what can be done to not constantly aggravate a sprained toe. The coaching staff made the decision for him to sit because they're looking at it long-term for our no doubt playoff team. We need George Hill obviously, maybe more than anyone for the playoffs. The talk of Dante being ready etc is obviously laughable. The coaching staff is doing everything they can to ensure he stays healthy. Missing one game due to soreness is smart.
"People who put quotes here are tools."
Mutangclan
Junior

Re: RE: Re: Game 54: Utah Jazz (34-19) @ Dallas Mavericks (20-32) 

Post#63 » by Mutangclan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:26 pm

stitches wrote:
Winglish wrote:
stitches wrote:Didn't watch. By comments it seems like I spared myself some frustration. how the hell did we lose after leading by 4 in the last 20 seconds?

Rudy fouled Dirk and also fouled out of the game in doing so. Serendipitously, Dirk missed the ensuing free throw and Harrison Barnes grabs the ball and jumps up and dunks it (No Rudy to stop him).
On the ensuing Jazz possession, Alec Burks lost the ball out of bounds and it was Dirk's turn to win the game for his team. Harrison Barnes played hero ball instead and missed! Duh! But Dirk was right there to steal the rebound and he put the game into overtime.
The rest is history- The Mavs controlled overtime.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app

So pretty much the same way we were losing last year - couldn't get a defensive rebound? What a shame...

It was a very lucky bounce all the way out to the elbow where Dirk was able to catch it in rhythm.
Lots of wacky things happened the last minute, none of which went the Jazz way.
Mutangclan
Junior

Post#64 » by Mutangclan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Tom349 wrote:This loss is on Quin and him wasting our good start to the second half. We had them dead and buried before he put Diaw into the line up and left Hayward who was exhausted on the court for too long.

Also Dante may not have been good offensively today but he was doing a good job on Curry and should have been in the game for the final minutes of regular time to guard him.

Dante and his 4 turnovers in 18mins??? That Dante? Kid was lost all night again.

And either way, it wouldn't of mattered who was on Curry. They ran a high pick and roll so that Rudy ended up on him both times. Wouldn't have mattered.
millslapper
Senior
And1: 332

Post#65 » by millslapper » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:51 pm

After they were up 20, putting on a show with lobs and perfect passing, everyone was sure that this is an easy win. They all went to the bench laughing, being best buddies, probably talking about after party.
but you can not be casual in a game like this. Mavs always fight, they are more dirty this year and generally are a tough matchup for Utah. I don't have that on Snyder, it's on the players.

but to get some smiles back i have an insider'S tip for you. re-watch the 3s Ingles made in the first half. the reactions of his fellow countryman Bogut on the Mavs bench are priceless.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Post#66 » by AingesBurner » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Hah, a road loss against a decent team that goes to OT and everything about the Jazz is terrible on here! Quin is terrible, he's a horrible coach, everything is stupid!

Jazz relaxed 21pts up, much like a younger up and coming team will do. But it happens. Subtle reminder here that **** happens, and we aren't going to win all the time. It was a road loss.

Lastly, Shelvin Mack thoroughly, THOROUGHLY outplayed Dante tonite as Dante was one bonehead play after another. And we needed PG play tonight big time as Devin Harris and Yogi got tons of mins. Statistically Shelvin brought 7ast and 5 rbs to Dantes ZERO's.....

True but the most frustrating part was Favors, he plays like a beast in Atlanta but plays like a bum tonight, dude has no heart, and George Hill is starting to become soft.

Well I mentioned this a week or two ago, that we have a problem here with Favors.
I dont think at all its about Favors having no heart. He has problems with his back or knees, its plainly obvious. Some nights he can bring it, some nights he can't. Hes so young still that I am seriously considering if we should resign him at this point. I just dont think he'll ever be right.

George Hill is a warrior. You dont see this as smart?? He's got an injury on the most abused part of the body in basketball, the toes! Only smart to do what can be done to not constantly aggravate a sprained toe. The coaching staff made the decision for him to sit because they're looking at it long-term for our no doubt playoff team. We need George Hill obviously, maybe more than anyone for the playoffs. The talk of Dante being ready etc is obviously laughable. The coaching staff is doing everything they can to ensure he stays healthy. Missing one game due to soreness is smart.

If he is this hampered by injuries, I wouldn't give him **** until he can prove he's healthy, because he can't help us win right now but neither can our other PF's, at this point we are better playing 4 wings and Gobert.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#67 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Pissed they lost. Shouldn't have. But I think long term a loss like this is good for the players. Never get complacent. And it gives Quin something to remind the players about for years to come.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#68 » by zero24gravity » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Sad, pathetic, shameful .... no need to fight for 3rd in the west when you can laugh your way to 5th, right?
Mutangclan
Junior

Post#69 » by Mutangclan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Pissed they lost. Shouldn't have. But I think long term a loss like this is good for the players. Never get complacent. And it gives Quin something to remind the players about for years to come.

100% agree here.
GotEm
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#70 » by GotEm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:28 pm

GobertReport wrote:, and George Hill is starting to become soft.

Just came here to say this as well.

This is an issue that he had with Indiana too, I remember many of their fans said on their forums that he would sit out games with the tiniest of injuries.

He's on the last year of his deal and if he has to sit out games so damn frequently for injuries like these, can't imagine what it would be like if he ever suffered a major injury. He'd probably take like 3 years off to recover form an ACL.

This draft is deep on PGs however.
Mutangclan
Junior

Post#71 » by Mutangclan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:15 pm

GotEm wrote:
GobertReport wrote:, and George Hill is starting to become soft.

Just came here to say this as well.

This is an issue that he had with Indiana too, I remember many of their fans said on their forums that he would sit out games with the tiniest of injuries.

He's on the last year of his deal and if he has to sit out games so damn frequently for injuries like these, can't imagine what it would be like if he ever suffered a major injury. He'd probably take like 3 years off to recover form an ACL.

This draft is deep on PGs however.

George Hill would end up missing more games after keeping his toe aggravated all season, versus taking a game off here and there until it's totally healed.
And to even assume this was George's idea is a stretch.

And bring in another rookie PG???? :banghead:
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#72 » by KqWIN » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:42 am

Daddy 801 wrote:Pissed they lost. Shouldn't have. But I think long term a loss like this is good for the players. Never get complacent. And it gives Quin something to remind the players about for years to come.

I highly doubt it. This is a team that lost 5 straight 20+ leads at home, including a loss to Sacramento. It's been a major problem all year and they do not address it. They aren't willing to play hard once they get up 20.
millslapper
Senior
And1: 332

Post#73 » by millslapper » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 am

KqWIN wrote:
I highly doubt it. This is a team that lost 5 straight 20+ leads at home, including a loss to Sacramento. It's been a major problem all year and they do not address it. They aren't willing to play hard once they get up 20.

but it seemed never as easy. They were mens amongst boys. in the other games you mentioned they were solid but not that dominant, so i think this is a special case.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#74 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Well one of the worst things about this loss to Dallas imo is falling four games behind Houston. The Jazz have a much greater opportunity to make some noise in the playoffs if they can displace Houston as the third seed, whereby if they can win round one on their home floor, they would next likely have the Spurs in round two, whom they match up with pretty well, rather than playing the dominant Warriors in round two. Third seed is looking pretty unlikely at the moment though.
Mutangclan
Junior

Post#75 » by Mutangclan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Well one of the worst things about this loss to Dallas imo is falling four games behind Houston. The Jazz have a much greater opportunity to make some noise in the playoffs if they can displace Houston as the third seed, whereby if they can win round one on their home floor, they would next likely have the Spurs in round two, whom they match up with pretty well, rather than playing the dominant Warriors in round two. Third seed is looking pretty unlikely at the moment though.

We've still got 30 games to go, we play Houston at least one more time and Houston also has one of the toughest March's in the entire league.

Assuming injuries are at a minimum, especially to George, the Jazz will catch Houston and take that 3rd seed. You heard it here first.

Return to Utah Jazz