George Hill is a wimp thread

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

George Hill is a wimp thread 

Post#1 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 4, 2017 6:01 pm

Sore toe, really??? I broke my toe a few weeks ago and got cellulitis in it and I still go to the gym and do leg day or dead lift and it hurts like hell but I push through the pain because I'm no bitch like George Hill obviously is, I really hope we don't resign him because he's softer than Charmin, he obviously cares more about his next big paycheck than pushing through the pain of a sore toe. End of rant.
Ingles is cooked.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Re: George Hill is a wimp thread 

Post#2 » by tleikheen » Thu May 4, 2017 6:06 pm

yeah I want Exum to play but not because GHill can't suit up ,but instead for Mack.

Jazz still need Hill as long as he's a Jazz

But how come I think Snyder will start Mack or Neto and Jazz will be down 15 pts in the 1st quarter and Golden State coasts the rest of the game with the 1st quarter lead as the buffer.

Neither Mack or Neto was as fast or long as Hill on defense and yet Hill had a hard time staying in front of Curry.Jazz are already slow with Diaw,JJ,and Ingles ,then add Macks heavy feet or Net's shortness to the mix ...we'll be in trouble.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#3 » by sipclip » Thu May 4, 2017 6:26 pm

There is a huge difference between doing a leg day and running and jumping. Try doing that and let us know if you can tough it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#4 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 4, 2017 6:29 pm

I don't think Hill is a wimp. I've said it all season long he's making a business decision to not risk his last chance of a big payday once the season is over. That's my take, at least.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#5 » by dautjazz » Thu May 4, 2017 6:40 pm

How much do use your toe in the weight room compared to an NBA game? Terrible comparison.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#6 » by Luigi » Thu May 4, 2017 7:07 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I don't think Hill is a wimp. I've said it all season long he's making a business decision to not risk his last chance of a big payday once the season is over. That's my take, at least.

I was thinking it must be more serious than a sore toe, since missing this game will probably cost him some big money off his next contract. The perception that he is injury prone or aging, and isn't gonna be there in big games, that's gotta lower his price.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 4, 2017 7:20 pm

Luigi wrote:I was thinking it must be more serious than a sore toe, since missing this game will probably cost him some big money off his next contract. The perception that he is injury prone or aging, and isn't gonna be there in big games, that's gotta lower his price.

I don't know how much this injury prone perception exists, even among Jazz fans, let alone the rest of the league. He injured his toe in the beginning of the season and it has been an issue throughout, probably because he couldn't let it heal completely. It did sideline him for a bunch of games. He'll get plenty of offers regardless, I'm sure.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#8 » by Rauxcee » Thu May 4, 2017 7:30 pm

But he's missed games due to more than just a toe. Sprained thumb, concussion (not his fault), toe, groin. Multiple injuries like that sound injury prone to me. Where Favors has only had that same nagging injury all season.

I'm sure he'll get offers, but it won't be the max he's hoping for.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#9 » by stitches » Thu May 4, 2017 7:33 pm

I think this is his old injury getting reaggrevated. This is why you let fingers and toes heal before getting back... they are very prone to reinjury if not healed properly, from what I've heard. This is why I wasn't a huge fan of Hayward coming back from his finger injury as quickly as he did. Luckily he's been healthy since, but it's hard to rely on it.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#10 » by KqWIN » Thu May 4, 2017 7:39 pm

I wouldn't call him a wimp, but I do think Hill has been making business decisions all season long. This is his livelihood after all. Sitting out games will not lower his value. Playing poorly through injury (like Favors) will.

Nobody really knows what his injury situation is besides himself, but the way he has chosen to play this season was directed towards a bigger contract. George Hill was a famous "no stats" player on Indiana. This year he has shifted focus from the little things to the things that make you the most money, buckets. I don't think I speak for myself when I say that Hill's defense was disappointing this season.

I don't blame the guy. He has made himself so much more money over the course of this season. Turf toe never goes away btw.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: George Hill is a wimp thread 

Post#11 » by sipclip » Thu May 4, 2017 8:08 pm

KqWIN wrote:I wouldn't call him a wimp, but I do think Hill has been making business decisions all season long. This is his livelihood after all. Sitting out games will not lower his value. Playing poorly through injury (like Favors) will.

Nobody really knows what his injury situation is besides himself, but the way he has chosen to play this season was directed towards a bigger contract. George Hill was a famous "no stats" player on Indiana. This year he has shifted focus from the little things to the things that make you the most money, buckets. I don't think I speak for myself when I say that Hill's defense was disappointing this season.

I don't blame the guy. He has made himself so much more money over the course of this season. Turf toe never goes away btw.

I actually don't think he has increased his value all that much if at all. He started the season red hot but since then he has been the same player he has always been except worse on d. His d has been pretty terrible most of the year.

UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#12 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Thu May 4, 2017 8:22 pm

I'm so sick of fans complaining about players toughness. 99% of fans couldn't even make it through one practice let alone one season in the NBA. Y'all have no clue what they go through and have 0 credibility to your criticism.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#13 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 4, 2017 8:39 pm

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:I'm so sick of fans complaining about players toughness. 99% of fans couldn't even make it through one practice let alone one season in the NBA. Y'all have no clue what they go through and have 0 credibility to your criticism.

I was in the military and got injured pretty bad a few times and pushed through my injuries, I dislocated by knee in RTC and still ran around in a full knee cast with battle rattle and 2 firearms for 12-14 hours a day for 1.5 weeks, the doctors wanted to send me home and I said **** that I was deploying with my brothers and sisters no matter what, so I have plenty of credibility and I wasn't making millions of dollars either. I had to get surgery on said knee last year and when the doctor cut it open it just sat and flopped around because the tendons were so stretched out.
Ingles is cooked.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#14 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Thu May 4, 2017 8:41 pm

GobertReport wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:I'm so sick of fans complaining about players toughness. 99% of fans couldn't even make it through one practice let alone one season in the NBA. Y'all have no clue what they go through and have 0 credibility to your criticism.

I was in the military and got injured pretty bad a few times and pushed through my injuries, I dislocated by knee in RTC and still ran around in a full knee cast with battle rattle and 2 firearms for 12-14 hours a day for 1.5 weeks, the doctors wanted to send me home and I said **** that I was deploying with my brothers and sisters no matter what, so I have plenty of credibility and I wasn't making millions of dollars either. I had to get surgery on said knee last year and when the doctor cut it open it just sat and flopped around because the tendons were so stretched out.

I appreciate your service. Thanks.

But you're completely wrong. You still have zero credibility. Just like they don't have any clue what it's like to go through what you went through, you have no idea what they (the players) go through on a day to day, week to week, month to month, etc. basis. It's an entirely different world we're talking about here. You simply don't have a clue.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#15 » by Lava Rock Kid » Thu May 4, 2017 10:59 pm

Hill may be able to run and jump, however if their is pain, he wont be able to do it quickly, he wont make jump shots. If this is true he shouldn't play.

The injury doesn't mean he cant play, it means he wont be able to play well enough to help the team. So sitting out a game is what he needs to do as compared to benching him behind the other 3 point guards on the roster.
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,060

Post#16 » by EmperorLocky » Thu May 4, 2017 11:32 pm

GobertReport wrote:

Hands on hip pose

The mobility restrictions on the big toe is massive. He'd be a huge liability out there.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#17 » by JazzUte88 » Fri May 5, 2017 12:54 am

He isn't a wimp but I'm not sure I'd resign him either.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#18 » by dr0welf » Fri May 5, 2017 1:29 am

I think Hill sitting was a decision he made for the team. He obviously hurt the team last game because he couldn't recover and get back on transition. We still lose out on his offense but defensively it won't get any worse as he obviously felt he couldn't perform with his toe as it is. I would prefer him to sit instead of being a liability on the court. Tough decision, props to him for making it.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#19 » by pickIBL » Fri May 5, 2017 3:23 am

Let the Nets have him.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: RE: Re: George Hill is a wimp thread 

Post#20 » by KqWIN » Fri May 5, 2017 2:03 pm

sipclip wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I wouldn't call him a wimp, but I do think Hill has been making business decisions all season long. This is his livelihood after all. Sitting out games will not lower his value. Playing poorly through injury (like Favors) will.

I actually don't think he has increased his value all that much if at all. He started the season red hot but since then he has been the same player he has always been except worse on d. His d has been pretty terrible most of the year.

I tend to disagree. The first injury may have even helped him because it left him with less time to regress to the mean. Like I said before, I don't think missing games loses you any money. Wes Matthews didn't lose any money, and neither did Chandler Parsons. What makes you lose money is if you play poorly, even if it because of injury. George Hill has the numbers and still has his reputation as an elite defender. That will get him paid.

If Favors was a free agent this year, he would have lost a ton of money because the last product he put out on the court was a shell of his former sell. People want him to prove that he can still be the player he was. I'm not saying that thought process is right, or that I'm above it either. I subscribe to this thinking for whatever reason as well.

It's kind of how the draft process works too. The whole pre draft process is all about exposing a player's weaknesses, especially at the top. You could argue that this begins at the start of the college season for elite prospects. The more you see a player, the more he can be exposed, and that's why agents remove their players from the process. If you don't play, you can't be exposed. Look at how Thon Maker rose and Skal fell. That would not have happened if Skal never played for Kentucky.

Return to Utah Jazz