Game 4: Golden State Warriors @ Utah Jazz (GSW 3-0)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Re: Game 4: Golden State Warriors @ Utah Jazz (GSW 3-0) 

Post#41 » by laika » Tue May 9, 2017 12:40 am

tleikheen wrote:Virtually know one here I can see thinks with Shelvin Mack starting at PG thinks Jazz are going to win ,so why does Snyder trot him out there giving him more and more minutes this series.
You start to think maybe Mack has a big future with the Jazz playing for Snyder in case Hill moves on and that Exum by the way he's been handled by Snyder can finish out his contract and move on .
Anyways this version of a Mack led attack is very boring to watch when most think they will not be elite with Mack running the show.
Hard to believe if Jazz think they'll be in the playoffs year after year and have Exum in their plans he gets virtually no playoff experience and supposedly Mack who isn't in their future plans is getting all the minutes.

The Jazz did win when Mack was in at PG last game. They lost the actual game because they got destroyed when Mack was on the bench.

No, Mack is unlikely to win a championship. But he is a lot better than many people on this board give him credit for. As for Exum, Hill is probably leaving so Exum will have all next year to show he can be a decent starting PG.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,896

Post#42 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 9, 2017 12:48 am

dautjazz wrote:
Lava Rock Kid wrote:I am hoping that the Jazz play dirty and try to injure Golden Stateb big 5. Send a message to superteams.

Really man? For one, the Warriors were lucky, Curry (7th pick), Klay (11th) and Green (35th) weren't highly thought after players, and for as good as Curry was in his rookie contract, he was a question mark, can he ever stay healthy, so he was retained for cheap. Klay and Green signed very reasonable contracts, and then ofcourse they signed KD, the Warriors would be dumb to not go after him. Durant is really the only one in question, but not the team or their true fans. If we signed a superstar PG, wouldn't you be thrilled, would it make the Jazz **** for forming a super team? Maybe the player who signs does something questionable, like Durant who took the easy road to a title (and it's still not guaranteed thanks to Lebron). Anyways, as much as I hate this cocky team, they are good because they got lucky (and maybe some solid GM/scouting work), and to be honest they suffered in mediocrity for a while, so for their true fans, good for them.

Thanks dautjazz, us long time Warriors fans would have felt lucky to be a mediocre team for the better part of two decades before this recent success. Our highlight of the year was hoping to move up in the draft lottery and not having a player choke a coach. The Jazz for many of those years were the model of consistency under coach Sloan with perennial all stars, Malone and Stockton, leading them to the playoffs year in and year out.

I hope the Jazz can keep Hayward and surround him and Gobert with some talent and PG and PF. I think with Snyder at the helm you will be able to attract free agents who want to play in a system where the ball moves and the team plays playoff caliber defense.

Oh and that lava rock kid seems like a class act.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#43 » by jazzfanWA » Tue May 9, 2017 1:22 am

Way to come out fighting, Jazz. I am switching to McGyver.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#44 » by KqWIN » Tue May 9, 2017 1:23 am

Fitting way to end the season. Ups and downs. Injuries and an absence of passion/effort. This team has given up.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#45 » by Daddy 801 » Tue May 9, 2017 1:24 am

No point in going to the bar now. If I do I'll spend too much drowning my sorrows.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#46 » by AingesBurner » Tue May 9, 2017 1:28 am

Mack off to a great start.
Ingles is cooked.
TexJazz
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Post#47 » by TexJazz » Tue May 9, 2017 1:30 am

Let mr injured George hill walk, let favors walk and if Hayward does not want to be here let him walk. Build the team around Rudy.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#48 » by KqWIN » Tue May 9, 2017 1:30 am

It kinda looks like Hood is going out of his way to mess up every play on both offense and defense. What a horrible two way playoffs for him.
TexJazz
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Post#49 » by TexJazz » Tue May 9, 2017 1:32 am

The jazz are going to let them hang 40 on them in one quarter. Defense , we don't need no stinking defense.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#50 » by KqWIN » Tue May 9, 2017 1:33 am

The only thing to look forward to is what Hayward says at the press conference. Probably nothing in typical Hayward fashion.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#51 » by AingesBurner » Tue May 9, 2017 1:33 am

If curry is going to try that flopping while shooting bull **** then his ass needs to be fouled hard.
Ingles is cooked.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#52 » by eLo » Tue May 9, 2017 1:34 am

tleikheen wrote:On this forum Exum and Lyles and Burks are portrayed as not worthy of playing time and DESERVE to be buried on the bench.while being swept out of the playoffs.

Last season Exum, despite injury, was portrayed as basketball messiah that will lead us to multiple championship, its funny how Fans opinion can change dramatically in relatively short period of time :P As for me i dont give damn who will play as long as they gonna fight for the win
BarneyGumble wrote:Its been a good season. Hopefully we have learned something from this Warriors team during this series and can make a deeper run next playoffs.
maybe they will gain some experience but true is that for this squad 2rd is optimum what they can achieve, People are excited that after those few lousy seasons we are playing some good basketball but true is that this team is far from being a real deal, and our current players wont became much netter that they are right now. Gob can be even best center in the league but he is not dominating type of player, like for example Oneal was, who can single handedly win a whole series. If we want to make next season even better than this one, we have to make smart moves in upcoming summer.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#53 » by KqWIN » Tue May 9, 2017 1:45 am

Hashtag the Exum truthers were right!
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#54 » by AingesBurner » Tue May 9, 2017 1:55 am

[quote="KqWIN"]Hashtag the Exum truthers were right![/quote

**** A right we were!!
Ingles is cooked.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#55 » by Wonderllama » Tue May 9, 2017 1:59 am

Such wonderful playoff experience right here.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#56 » by pickIBL » Tue May 9, 2017 2:08 am

Exum battles off draymond on the block twice!
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#57 » by old rem » Tue May 9, 2017 2:11 am

GobertReport wrote:If curry is going to try that flopping while shooting bull **** then his ass needs to be fouled hard.

Unwise. GSW is HISTORICALLY good and if pissed off... even better. :roll: Curr has been " fouled hard" 50+ times this year.
It's never paid off. Really.... your best shot is to lull GSW to sleep. If ever in a room with a bear... let him sleep. do NOT kick the bear. :evil:
CENSORED... No comment.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#58 » by pickIBL » Tue May 9, 2017 2:11 am

The jazz need a breakdown guy. Might already have him...
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#59 » by KqWIN » Tue May 9, 2017 2:11 am

I got a little annoyed by the Exum crowd, but maybe this was a bigger deal than I initially thought. Exum has been incredible on both ends tonight. Best player for the Jazz. Maybe this was a bigger **** up by Quin than I initially thought.

:thinking:
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#60 » by AingesBurner » Tue May 9, 2017 2:14 am

KqWIN wrote:I got a little annoyed by the Exum crowd, but maybe this was a bigger deal than I initially thought. Exum has been incredible on both ends tonight. Best player for the Jazz. Maybe this was a bigger **** up by Quin than I initially thought.

:thinking:

Welcome my son, thou art forgiven of thine sins, Blessed are the faithful of the Prophet Exum aka DMX.
Ingles is cooked.

Return to Utah Jazz