And1: 50,209

Re: General Trade Thread 

Post#1821 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:34 pm

CARNAG35 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Either of you, name a coach who doesn't:
1. Play favorites.
2. Have on occasion strange rotations.
3. Have to play the guys on the roster.

Realize that the second option to these things is something like....
Starting another SG: Morrow not only can't defend as well, but hasn't shot well in a month. As well, Roberson is a starter in name only.

Iso ball: Got me there, that's my one gripe. Though its partially b/c KD and Russ are so awesome at it.

Playing Perk: Adams is in foul trouble constantly. Love the kid, CRAZY potential, but you know what's a disaster, a C w/ 5 fouls midway through the 3rd quarter.

Ruining talent: Really? Ibaka, Jackson, Russ, KD, Adams, Roberson (he's still not a shooter but the kid can play), and others. Realize that many players leave OKC and fall off a cliff as well (ask Wizards fans how they like Eric Maynor).

Stubborn: Most every coach is with starters, its an earned role, and to boot it doesn't matter. Its who finishes.

Subs: EVERY FANBASE SAYS THIS :lol: Seriously, Spurs fans are confused at times. You know what, we don't see behind the scenes, there's reasoning, just gotta believe it sometimes.

Never a champion: Exactly, never until they are. You know who else wasn't, Spoelstra, Lebron, Jordan, Dirk, and on. You're not a winner, til you are.

No coach is perfect, but Brooks isn't the issue here, honestly this roster just feels off to me.

Morrow has been shooting okay the last few games, definitely better than Durant at times. He had a few big threes. I also feel like he is a bit underrated defensively. And as far as Adams fouling I don't think he is as bad as you claim. Let's be honest there have been some AWFUL foul calls on Adams that forced him to sit. Like when Nene and Gortat were holding his arms and then threw him to the ground, but somehow Adams was called for the foul. I know every fan claims their team gets screwed by the refs, but I have seen some really bad officiating against OKC this season.

Starters do matter but I agree it is more important who finishes. I am highly critical of Roberson at times but I love the defensive intensity and he has been shooting much better the last few games.

You're right that no one is champion until they win, but it is so difficult to get there. Jordan and Kobe had Phil Jackson. The Spurs have Popovich. I truly believe the core of this team is good enough to be a dynasty (I think most of us here do) but we NEED a coach with some different ideas than Brooks. Scottie is too stubborn and you can see it in his face during games that he has no clue how to read what adjustments should be made. He is a man of routine, like how he always walks out to the basket after calling a timeout and how he very rarely switches up starters. He only breaks routine in bad ways, like not having consistency in bench rotations. Collison and PJ3 won't play for weeks at a time and then will get huge minutes. It's just weird.

I pretty much agree entirely, with a caveat. Good coaches manage their players well, and Brooks excels at this. I'd love an assistant added for running an offense and that's it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#1822 » by Joest2003 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:54 am

So when Lamb gets traded within the next 2 weeks. What are you guys going to say IF he go somewhere and out preforms Waiters? Not starting sh*t im honestly curious.
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#1823 » by Podirk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:50 am

Joest2003 wrote:So when Lamb gets traded within the next 2 weeks. What are you guys going to say IF he go somewhere and out preforms Waiters? Not starting sh*t im honestly curious.

What if an underwhelming 11th pick who needs work on both offense and defense out performs an underwhelming 4th pick who struggles on offense??? I imagine the earth would open up and mountains would crumble.
In reality I would be happy for him, he shows little flashes of what we believe is there but can't shake the confidence bug.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#1824 » by Joest2003 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 am

Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:So when Lamb gets traded within the next 2 weeks. What are you guys going to say IF he go somewhere and out preforms Waiters? Not starting sh*t im honestly curious.

What if an underwhelming 11th pick who needs work on both offense and defense out performs an underwhelming 4th pick who struggles on offense??? I imagine the earth would open up and mountains would crumble.
In reality I would be happy for him, he shows little flashes of what we believe is there but can't shake the confidence bug.

Dont lie to yourself you hated Lamb since the day he came to OKC because your mad about the Harden trade but you really needed to be mad at Presti's cheap as*. Yeah lets sign Ibaka over arguably one of the best SG's this league has ever seen. Good plan....Could you honestly imagine Harden,KD, and Russ on the same team at this point of their careers? It wouldnt even be fair.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1825 » by bondom34 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:47 am

I'd wish him the best.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1826 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:07 am

Depends on what he is hypothetically traded for. I'd probably be frustrated we didn't hang on to him and let him compete with Waiters.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Podirk
Senior

Post#1827 » by Podirk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
Podirk wrote:

Dont lie to yourself you hated Lamb since the day he came to OKC because your mad about the Harden trade but you really needed to be mad at Presti's cheap as*. Yeah lets sign Ibaka over arguably one of the best SG's this league has ever seen. Good plan....Could you honestly imagine Harden,KD, and Russ on the same team at this point of their careers? It wouldnt even be fair.

When have I ever said I hated Lamb...o that's right, never. I actually liked the results of the Harden trade...but that's another thread...and it was never Ibaka or Harden.
But heck of a try to deflect and mesh the Lamb argument with the Harden trade. ( yes I understand Lamb came in the Harden trade)
Podirk
Senior

Post#1828 » by Podirk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:01 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Depends on what he is hypothetically traded for. I'd probably be frustrated we didn't hang on to him and let him compete with Waiters.

It would be interesting to see Lamb get some min again. But yes would depend on what he was traded for too.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,436

Post#1829 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Would you guys be interested in something like this?

Miami gets

PG Reggie Jackson from OKC
SG Randy Foye from Denver
PF Grant Jerret from OKC

Denver gets

PG Shabazz Napier from Miami
SG Jeremy Lamb from OKC
SF Perry Jones from OKC
C Kendrick Perkins from OKC
C Justin Hamilton from Miami

OKC gets

C Javale Mcgee from Denver
SF Wilson Chandler from Denver
PG Norris Cole from Miami

* This deal nets you guys a much needed rim protector in McGee. Chandler also comes aboard to provide much needed depth behind Durant. Cole fills the void left at backup PG behind Jackson. Deal essentially cost you guys a Perkins expiring, Jackson (Restricted Free Agent), and a few young throw ins with Lamb,Jones, and Jerret.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pp8kgea
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1830 » by bondom34 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Panda Friend 51 wrote:Would you guys be interested in something like this?

Miami gets

PG Reggie Jackson from OKC
SG Randy Foye from Denver
PF Grant Jerret from OKC

Denver gets

PG Shabazz Napier from Miami
SG Jeremy Lamb from OKC
SF Perry Jones from OKC
C Kendrick Perkins from OKC
C Justin Hamilton from Miami

OKC gets

C Javale Mcgee from Denver
SF Wilson Chandler from Denver
PG Norris Cole from Miami

* This deal nets you guys a much needed rim protector in McGee. Chandler also comes aboard to provide much needed depth behind Durant. Cole fills the void left at backup PG behind Jackson. Deal essentially cost you guys a Perkins expiring, Jackson (Restricted Free Agent), and a few young throw ins with Lamb,Jones, and Jerret.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pp8kgea

Ddd, you're killin me. McGee may be a worse player than Perkins, and no interest in Cole. If something like this were around, I'd just go for Chandler and Hickson from Denver maybe and cut Miami out.
Podirk
Senior

Post#1831 » by Podirk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:26 pm

A big reason to do some trade like this is to get rid of players. 5 out, 3 back. If a few of the players would be FA this offseason it makes a little more sense, of the Thinder are wanting to flush the bench.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,707

General Trade Thread 

Post#1832 » by greg4012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Thunder fan perspective on receiving Birdman and Chalmers from the Heat in exchange for Reggie Jackson and Perkins?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forumjbogmmm
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1833 » by bondom34 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:53 pm

greg4012 wrote:Thunder fan perspective on receiving Birdman and Chalmers from the Heat in exchange for Reggie Jackson and Perkins?

This I like.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,707

Post#1834 » by greg4012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:18 pm

bondom34 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:Thunder fan perspective on receiving Birdman and Chalmers from the Heat in exchange for Reggie Jackson and Perkins?

This I like.

I feel like it makes sense.

Heat perspective: Whiteside's emergence and the reality that we're not legit contenders this season makes Birdman expendable. No sense in holding onto him for the last couple productive years of his career when we could aim to use that capspace to rebuild. Chalmers is what he is. A combo guard that can be productive next to superstars (he will hit open 3s), but is limited (we need more varied skillset from our PG position now). This way Miami gets some capspace to operate in 2015 free agency, while also giving Reggie Jackson a sort of tryout prior to deciding if we want to offer him a bigger deal.

Thunder perspective: Upgrade the center rotation. Birdman is at his best when he can play between 20 and 25 minutes as a team defender, rim protector, hustle player (rebounds), and pick-n-roll offensive compliment. With Jackson's diminishing role, you get some immediate value for him rather than letting him go for nothing this offseason. You also get Chalmers back to take his place, whom is not as talented, but is a better floor spacer and low usage player who can play some at the 1 and 2. Both also have the championship experience (and Chalmers surprisingly shows up big every now and then)
Podirk
Senior

Post#1835 » by Podirk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:21 pm

9 mill coming back for 2 years and 11 for 1 year going out.

Player wise it is probably an upgrade in bigman...and an eh for the guards. It doesn't really do enough talent wise for the money cost in 15/16. It's not the move that will make OKC the team it needs to be...but it would be worth considering in addition /after other deals, IMO.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#1836 » by stinger14 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:04 pm

I believe that Perk and Lamb to the Hornets for Al Jefferson is good for both teams. Hornets are gonna struggle with Kemba out and with the emergence of Biyombo this year, big Al becomes a trade candidate. Lamb isn't getting minutes in OKC but would get a chance in Charlotte. Perk is just awful now, but would give Charlotte some cap room in the offseason. Al would be much better than Perk in OKC and gives them a low post scoring threat even if he plays off the bench.
Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Post#1837 » by Jermainevent » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:00 am

Any interest in David West? Possibly West for Perkins, Jackson, and whoever else to make salaries and to keep you guys below the LT line.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1838 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:00 am

Jermainevent wrote:Any interest in David West? Possibly West for Perkins, Jackson, and whoever else to make salaries and to keep you guys below the LT line.

I'd be more interested in something around Mahinmi personally. I'd love something like Perkins, Jackson, Lamb for Mahinmi and Hill. Don't know what else OKC would have to add to that though as I don't see Indy moving Hill, and it would also put the Pacers into the tax so I don't know if anyone is non-guaranteed that they could cut or find a trade to shed about $500,000.
Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Post#1839 » by Jermainevent » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:24 am

bondom34 wrote:
Jermainevent wrote:Any interest in David West? Possibly West for Perkins, Jackson, and whoever else to make salaries and to keep you guys below the LT line.

I'd be more interested in something around Mahinmi personally. I'd love something like Perkins, Jackson, Lamb for Mahinmi and Hill. Don't know what else OKC would have to add to that though as I don't see Indy moving Hill, and it would also put the Pacers into the tax so I don't know if anyone is non-guaranteed that they could cut or find a trade to shed about $500,000.

It's really about a 50/50 split among Pacer fans about moving Hill. Most of us realize that Hill is likely not a starting PG on a championship contender, but would be a heck of a 6th man. Unfortunately at 8M a year, he's a little overpaid to be a bench player.

How about:
Pacers get
Jackson
Perkins
Lamb
McGary

Thunder get
Hill
Mahimi
Watson - expiring
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1840 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:11 am

Jermainevent wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

It's really about a 50/50 split among Pacer fans about moving Hill. Most of us realize that Hill is likely not a starting PG on a championship contender, but would be a heck of a 6th man. Unfortunately at 8M a year, he's a little overpaid to be a bench player.

How about:
Pacers get
Jackson
Perkins
Lamb
McGary

Thunder get
Hill
Mahimi
Watson - expiring

Hmmm...I'd want to keep McGary for sure for now. I'd take back a small salary to aid though, if needed.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder