General Trade Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: General Trade Thread 

Post#1501 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:35 am

kbrow20 wrote:What pieces would seem fair for you guys? What position do you need the most?

A guard forward or legitimate backup pg. Neither could be had for Hasheem. I'd rather keep him than trade him for what he's worth (which is pretty much nothing). A fair trade would probably be Mekel for Hash, but there's no way Mekel would be seeing playing time either.

Basically, the guys like Thabeet, he is a good locker room guy, and he keeps the mood light plus has six fouls. There's no reason to trade him because his only value is as an end of bench presence and he is already acquainted with the team. More likely to release him than trade for other dead weight.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#1502 » by kbrow20 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:39 am

So I doubt a Felton for Him be out of the question? We need a big
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
jackson77
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#1503 » by jackson77 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Andray Blatche,
How would he fit in, how much would he cost :o
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1504 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

jackson77 wrote:Andray Blatche,

Not much, maybe vet min, at most probably 2-3 mil. If Thabeet is cut, he's a possibility.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1505 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 pm

kbrow20 wrote:So I doubt a Felton for Him be out of the question? We need a big

Felton makes too much and has fallen to the point where Telfair might be a better player.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1506 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 pm

jackson77 wrote:Andray Blatche,

Just lost interest....according to a guy on the trade board (Trader Joe), he's had issues that haven't gone away. Drinking pregame, etc. And TJ has sauces.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
theboomking
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#1507 » by theboomking » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:55 am

How about,after 12/15 when Telfair could be included in a trade, Perkins,Telfair, Thabeet and a 1st for Hibbert. Hibbert fell apart this year, but was really good the year prior and could pair with Adams to give good depth and flexibility at center.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1508 » by bondom34 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:59 am

theboomking wrote:How about,after 12/15 when Telfair could be included in a trade, Perkins,Telfair, Thabeet and a 1st for Hibbert. Hibbert fell apart this year, but was really good the year prior and could pair with Adams to give good depth and flexibility at center.

From me, hell yes. The Pacers wouldn't though.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1509 » by spearsy23 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:17 am

bondom34 wrote:
theboomking wrote:How about,after 12/15 when Telfair could be included in a trade, Perkins,Telfair, Thabeet and a 1st for Hibbert. Hibbert fell apart this year, but was really good the year prior and could pair with Adams to give good depth and flexibility at center.

Yeah, The value in this would be way to great to pass up from our POV.
theboomking
Sixth Man

Post#1510 » by theboomking » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:20 pm

bondom34 wrote:

The Pacers are a mess. They lost Lance Stephenson, George is gone for the year, and Hibbert was bad last year, especially in the postseason. I think they view that contract as an albatross and would like to get out of it, tank this year and then come back strong next year with George and a high draft pick.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#1511 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Yes, the Pacers would move Hibbert in the right deal. So if you want to give them Perkins, Adams and Reggie for Hibbert they will say yes. I'm not willing to do that and Indy isn't going to give away an elite rim protector, despite his flaws, for nothing. Especially as overrated as Hibbert is. Some team could be dumb enough to trade too much value for Hibbert. Why would you want a center who shots under 45% from the field, a rebounding rate lower then Perkins and a max(ish) contract?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1512 » by bondom34 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:26 pm

theboomking wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

The Pacers are a mess. They lost Lance Stephenson, George is gone for the year, and Hibbert was bad last year, especially in the postseason. I think they view that contract as an albatross and would like to get out of it, tank this year and then come back strong next year with George and a high draft pick.

Its only a 2 year contract......it's also got a PO after this season. So basically, a year of still being average, then PG returns with the rest of the roster. They won't tank, and they like Hibbert too.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1513 » by bondom34 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Ah...boomking's a Wiz fan, maybe that's why he's killing the Pacers.
theboomking
Sixth Man

Post#1514 » by theboomking » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:56 am

bondom34 wrote:Ah...boomking's a Wiz fan, maybe that's why he's killing the Pacers.

I don't dislike the Pacers. I actually rooted for them when they were a gritty overachieving team 2 years ago. They may want to keep Hibbert, but in fairness to me, after I posted the Hibbert trade idea, Probasketballtalk talk posted two separate articles about the Pacers shopping Hibbert for Dragic and then Monroe. I think the price could drop as we get closer to the trade deadline.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1515 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:29 am

theboomking wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Ah...boomking's a Wiz fan, maybe that's why he's killing the Pacers.

I don't dislike the Pacers. I actually rooted for them when they were a gritty overachieving team 2 years ago. They may want to keep Hibbert, but in fairness to me, after I posted the Hibbert trade idea, Probasketballtalk talk posted two separate articles about the Pacers shopping Hibbert for Dragic and then Monroe. I think the price could drop as we get closer to the trade deadline.

Fair enough :D . I actually think he would have fit well w/ the Suns, but I don't see why Detroit would have had any interest. If the price is right, I'd love him on OKC.
theboomking
Sixth Man

Post#1516 » by theboomking » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Sorry to keep intruding from the Wizards board. You guys should make a play for Monroe. Because of his lack of defense and shooting, he is not going to be worth the salary for a lot of teams. We would however mesh very well with Ibaka, who is an elite rim protector and can space the floor. Monroe would give you guys a bull inside, bringing post scoring and rebounding. As an excellent passer, I think he would fit nicely in your system. He would be expensive, likely putting you guys above the luxury threshold on a yearly basis, but adding another piece now, and showing a willingness to go above the cap would certainly make a statement to KD, and make it less likely that he leaves.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#1517 » by HeartSouloma » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:08 pm

theboomking wrote:Sorry to keep intruding from the Wizards board. You guys should make a play for Monroe. Because of his lack of defense and shooting, he is not going to be worth the salary for a lot of teams. We would however mesh very well with Ibaka, who is an elite rim protector and can space the floor. Monroe would give you guys a bull inside, bringing post scoring and rebounding. As an excellent passer, I think he would fit nicely in your system. He would be expensive, likely putting you guys above the luxury threshold on a yearly basis, but adding another piece now, and showing a willingness to go above the cap would certainly make a statement to KD, and make it less likely that he leaves.

We already discuss this. It's not going to happen, and OKC don't want to add another over-paid player that cannot play defense. He's not worth a max contract in my opinion. Some posters mentioned Pek, Gasol (Marc), if they were available for the right price. OKC still need another SG.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1518 » by spearsy23 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 am

KDfan35 wrote:
theboomking wrote:Sorry to keep intruding from the Wizards board. You guys should make a play for Monroe. Because of his lack of defense and shooting, he is not going to be worth the salary for a lot of teams. We would however mesh very well with Ibaka, who is an elite rim protector and can space the floor. Monroe would give you guys a bull inside, bringing post scoring and rebounding. As an excellent passer, I think he would fit nicely in your system. He would be expensive, likely putting you guys above the luxury threshold on a yearly basis, but adding another piece now, and showing a willingness to go above the cap would certainly make a statement to KD, and make it less likely that he leaves.

We already discuss this. It's not going to happen, and OKC don't want to add another over-paid player that cannot play defense. He's not worth a max contract in my opinion. Some posters mentioned Pek, Gasol (Marc), if they were available for the right price. OKC still need another SG.

I would take Monroe in a heartbeat even on a max contract. He's not a good defender but he looks about average when playing the center position. It's not his fault Detroit doesn't understand that players have positions. They have a sg playing point, A pf playing the 3 and a center playing the 4. If Detroit would take Lamb, Perkins, hasheem and a first I'd be all over it. They won't though.
Dubeta
Banned User
And1: 221

Post#1519 » by Dubeta » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:14 pm

ibaka for monroe?
DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

Post#1520 » by DontH8TheBrody » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Dubeta wrote:ibaka for monroe?