General Trade Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Durantist
Freshman
And1: 0

General Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by Durantist » Sat Jan 2, 2010 10:47 am

Lets say OKC is in the playoff picture right before the trade deadline approaches. Should the Thunder seek to trade to sure up a playoff seed? Im talking about getting an All Star in return for Westbrook or Green. How about Chris Bosh? If OKC somehow pulls off a Chris Bosh trade for Westbrook OR Green and of course there will be other players involved like Etan, Harpring and picks for Chris Bosh, the Thunder will definitely sure up a playoff spot and maybe even go deep into the playoffs. Kind of like the Utah Jazz when they met the Spurs in the Conference finals.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Re: To trade or not to trade??? 

Post#2 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Jan 2, 2010 1:09 pm

and then go into the playoffs without your second best/important player AND pg? way to **** up a good thing. green + pieces, say ibaka and a expirer for bosh might be believable, but you might have a huge risk of being left empty handed after the summer
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#3 » by Balkman32 » Sat Jan 2, 2010 8:09 pm

The Thunder are not moving Green or Westbrook. I can gurantee you that. But what the thunder can offer is expiring deals in Thomas and Harpring. Plus first round picks next season and Collison and Kristic (both nice players) both with deals expiring after next years.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,055

Post#4 » by slick_watts » Sat Jan 2, 2010 11:51 pm

I say go after a center.

My targets would be, from most desirable to least desirable:

Andris Biedrins
Andrew Bogut
Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Sam Dalembert

I would include Jeff Green in a deal for all of those players besides Sam Dalembert and Emeka Okafor.

I think all of those players would be a significant upgrade, even Sam Dalembert. Andrew Bogut would be the best fit since he's capable on both ends, but Andris Biedrins has a nice compact contract so he'd be the dream acquisition IMO.
dream_catcher_9
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#5 » by dream_catcher_9 » Sat Jan 2, 2010 11:58 pm

Biedrins is nice but he looks like he is really injury prone as well....
Clangus
Banned User

Post#6 » by Clangus » Sun Jan 3, 2010 12:15 am

BOGUT!!!! Then the tv station over here would play more thunder games! So far we have had 6 Bucks games televised and 5 Rockets games just because the TV execs think that we want to see Bogut and David Andersen play. It pisses me of.

I think bogut is a nice fit too.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#7 » by HomieOmey » Sun Jan 3, 2010 12:52 am

There's definitely a few young C's I'd go after. In addition to Slick's list, I wouldn't mind Gasol. He's not the ideal fit, but would still be great if he could actually be had. Getting a guy like him would also mean that the Thunder are keeping their cap space.
TurboZ
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: General Trade Thread 

Post#8 » by slick_watts » Sun Jan 3, 2010 12:56 am

We're getting a lot of trade threads so here's a general trade thread now. Put all the trade ideas here in the future.

Marc Gasol would be great, I didn't list him because I don't think it's a realistic target. Same with Chris Kaman.

As for injuries.. bigs tend to get injured more than smalls. There are some exceptions like Dwight Howard, but as long as there's no chronic issues like Tyson Chandler has I don't think it's a big deal.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#9 » by Balkman32 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 3:18 am

Kaman would be a good trade for LA if they are trying to add a Bosh or Amare. W/ Davis, Gordan, Thorton, Griffen. They have a nice core. If they don't think Kaman is the guy they can roll the Dice and grab expireing contracts in Thomas and Harpring.
Big_Mac79
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Big_Mac79 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 4:45 am

Why not Camby? Affordable useful and expiring. He would be a great fit in my eyes.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,772

Post#11 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 3, 2010 5:04 am

Alright, alright. After you guys finally saw how Bogut plays I think we could settle on a Harden/Ibaka/2 1sts and Harpring for him. Thanks for the deal.

;)
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by slick_watts » Sun Jan 3, 2010 5:23 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Alright, alright. After you guys finally saw how Bogut plays I think we could settle on a Harden/Ibaka/2 1sts and Harpring for him. Thanks for the deal.

You know, if you want Harden instead of Green .. I think we do it at this point.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#13 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 3, 2010 5:39 am

slick_watts wrote:You know, if you want Harden instead of Green .. I think we do it at this point.

Insert James Harden for Nintendo 64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGmCaAED ... re=related
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by slick_watts » Sun Jan 3, 2010 5:41 am

But still no Ibaka :)
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#15 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 3, 2010 5:47 am

slick_watts wrote:But still no Ibaka :)

Hah yeah I know. I'm a huge fan of Ibaka, he really needs to start for you guys. He would actually give your front court some length and athleticism it really needs.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by slick_watts » Sun Jan 3, 2010 5:51 am

Yeah well, for some reason our coach thinks it's a good idea to start five perimeter players together. I'm sure you and every other Bucks fan noticed that when we went to the bench and balanced our lineup we went on a 10-2 run..
Durantist
Freshman

Post#17 » by Durantist » Sun Jan 3, 2010 2:09 pm

slick_watts wrote:Yeah well, for some reason our coach thinks it's a good idea to start five perimeter players together. I'm sure you and every other Bucks fan noticed that when we went to the bench and balanced our lineup we went on a 10-2 run..

This is exactly what I am talking about. Green and Westbrook do not fit. Ever wonder why Durant has so many turnovers? Its because of the lineup. Durant is basically playing/creating outside, inside instead of inside, outside. There is No Inside presence on OKC, that could be a post player or a player that could get into the lane and create for others. Westbrook could get into the lane but about more than half of the time looks completely clueless. As for Green, the only good thing about him is that you can switch any perimeter screen n roll scenerio that involves him. There were 2-3 possessions where Mbah overplayed the downscreen for Durant and Durant quickly cut towards the basket but no play was made by Westbrook.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by slick_watts » Sun Jan 3, 2010 3:42 pm

Russell has 13 assists and zero turnovers in this game, and has 8.6 assists to 1.6 turnovers in the last five. Not sure what you're blaming him for..
Rome
Freshman

Post#19 » by Rome » Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:10 pm

since it looks like washinton is dumping salary what about a trade for Haywood and McGee for Harpings insurance paid contract?
dream_catcher_9
Veteran

Post#20 » by dream_catcher_9 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:27 pm

slick_watts wrote:Russell has 13 assists and zero turnovers in this game, and has 8.6 assists to 1.6 turnovers in the last five. Not sure what you're blaming him for..

sometimes you have to look at more than just numbers. He still takes dumb shots, doesn't move the ball in the flow of the offense that well, and plays horrible defense. He is improving but he still has a long ways to go to be an elite PG, even with a good assist/turnover ratio.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder