2014 off season

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: 2014 off season 

Post#421 » by bondom34 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 9:22 pm

Kinda strange and sad, but just reading jazzfan's previews on the GB, and I feel better about the Telfair signing now. He's honestly about as good as Ish Smith, who's the Rox projected 2nd PG.
http://bkref.com/tiny/LdVDB
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#422 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Oct 3, 2014 10:35 pm

When your top concerns about the roster are the 3rd string PG, #4 big man, McGary or Perkins, and which long and athletic 36% 3pt shooter is going to start at SG, PJ3 or Lamb, your roster is in pretty good shape. Since Brooks just called for an open competition for the starting center position, with Perkins hurt, I'm assuming that Adams is going to start at center. I'm also expecting Collison to be the first big off the bench since he can play either big position adding flexibility to the rotations.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#423 » by KD35Brah » Fri Oct 3, 2014 11:36 pm

So preseason starts tomorrow?

Where can I watch it?
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#424 » by HeartSouloma » Sat Oct 4, 2014 1:03 am

KD35Brah wrote:So preseason starts tomorrow?

Where can I watch it?

Blue vs White scrimmage at Choctaw High School today around 3:00 pm. I'm going to stream it. :D

Wonder who starts
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#425 » by KD35Brah » Mon Oct 6, 2014 5:51 am

KDfan35 wrote:

Where can I watch it?

Blue vs White scrimmage at Choctaw High School today around 3:00 pm. I'm going to stream it. :D

Wonder who starts

Wow I completely missed your post. Is there like a full stream/video to watch the entire scrimmage?

How did Mitch look? From all the interviews it looks like he played well.
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#426 » by wizkid27 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:58 am

All I saw was the interviews. Seemed like they focused on Mitch and Morrow, but I assume that was more because of the new-ness...

They mentioned a couple of injuries and showed Adams and Reggie getting up gingerly, but I assume that was nothing....
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man

Post#427 » by HeartSouloma » Mon Oct 6, 2014 9:00 pm

KD35Brah wrote:
KDfan35 wrote:

Where can I watch it?

Wonder who starts

Wow I completely missed your post. Is there like a full stream/video to watch the entire scrimmage?

How did Mitch look? From all the interviews it looks like he played well.

Sadly I couldn't find any stream... :(
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,933

Post#428 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:48 am

Random question...why don't more ring chasers go to OKC? I mean it's no secret that KD is on the same level as LeBron and there's just as good of a chance winning it all with him. Do you Thunder fans have any idea?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man

Post#429 » by HeartSouloma » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:00 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:Random question...why don't more ring chasers go to OKC? I mean it's no secret that KD is on the same level as LeBron and there's just as good of a chance winning it all with him. Do you Thunder fans have any idea?

Money+Location+Weather. :wink:
Loud_city
Rookie
And1: 921

Post#430 » by Loud_city » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:45 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:Random question...why don't more ring chasers go to OKC? I mean it's no secret that KD is on the same level as LeBron and there's just as good of a chance winning it all with him. Do you Thunder fans have any idea?

If I was an NBA I player I would go the paul,gasol route and got contented tier 2 with chicago instead of contender tier 1 with OKC. Oklahoma just can't mathc chicago or LA and never will.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#431 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 am

I don't know of OKC ever pursuing a legitimate ring chaser. Gasol wasn't chasing a ring he was looking for a competitive team that could pay him. If Gasol would have signed for the MLE OKC would have signed him, but he wanted more than that. He signed for over $7M/yr to be the #3 player on a good team instead of taking the $5.7M MLE to be the 4th/5th player on a great team.

I could see Ray Allen deciding to sign with the Thunder when he does decide to sign this season. Most players are not willing to leave money on the table to go chase a ring if they can still get a solid contract. Someone who used to be a max player and could maybe push for an MLE, like Ray Allen, taking the minimum to chase rings is an exception. However, he's a former max player and has his money and put the pursuit of rings ahead of an extra $4M/yr or so. Gasol wanted the money more than a ring and I'm surprised he didn't get more money from the Lakers, but in his mind a faux contender and fair market value was more important than a true contender and less money or more money with no chance to contend.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#432 » by Devilanche » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:24 am

My thoughts on what it means for the roster with Durant now out.
Westbrook still getting his shots but now we will be able to see what a team with Westbrook as the first option will be like
Reggie. Definitely more shots and more minutes.
Morrow. Hopefully now the thunder offense will run more plays to get him open. i like his 3 point shooting
Lamb. Will probably feature him more and if by the time Durant come back he's still not consistent I guess we will see a trade. Will get the opportunity.
Roberson.more minutes but his offensive role will remain the same.
Pj3. Will he get the starting 3 slots or at least extended minutes?
Mcgary. Quite sad he's out now. Pre-season would have given him more minutes(playing time) and we probably going play less smallball for now so more possible minutes that he's not seeing.
Ibaka. One or three more shots but nothing much changed
Collison. Same role as before.
Adams. Would he start now because his offense would be better than Perkins ? If we can get chandler/deandre efficiency out of him with around 70% ft that would be good.
Perkins. Less minutes and or trade piece(match salary)

Brooks. He has always stayed with same starting 5 and now potentially there's 3 different player when he start the next season... Will this force him to start Perkins still? What about changing lineup game to game?

I think we start with Adams or he's going to play around 20-30mins at least (foul permitting). I would think Reggie is still 6th man while Morrow is bench sharpshooter while Brooks rotate between Lamb/Roberson/PJ3 at the SG/SF position.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#433 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:38 am

There a LOT of shots up for grabs right now. Around 30 a night between KD, Thabo, Butler and Fisher being gone. Last year the Thunder took 83 shots a game. I see it breaking down like this with KD out:

Russ- 22
Ibaka- 15
Lamb- 10
Reggie- 10
Adams- 8
Morrow- 7
PJ3- 6
Collison- 2
Roberson- 2
Perkins- 1

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder