Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Re: Chances Durant Leaves? 

Post#81 » by HeartSouloma » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:19 am

Vincent_Askew wrote:
KDfan35 wrote:
Vincent_Askew wrote:^^^ I can't wait to be back here in 2 years to re-up your comment and post a laughing gif in response when Durant leaves.

Can't wait to do the same to you till he re-signs with us. :lol:

But I have other important things in my life to accomplish.

Yet you keep quoting me, trying to get the last word, using smiley's.....you're hurt and I've struck a chord. Do a better job of masking it.

Vincent_Askew
Banned User
And1: 247

Post#82 » by Vincent_Askew » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:09 pm

KDfan35 wrote:
Vincent_Askew wrote:
KDfan35 wrote:
Can't wait to do the same to you till he re-signs with us. :lol:

But I have other important things in my life to accomplish.

Yet you keep quoting me, trying to get the last word, using smiley's.....you're hurt and I've struck a chord. Do a better job of masking it.

"I want the last word so bad"
ThunderUp1234
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#83 » by ThunderUp1234 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:59 pm

theboomking wrote:
Bravenewworld wrote:
ThunderCeltic wrote:If the Thunder don't win a title in the next two seasons, he'll be taking his talents to D.C. to play for the Bullets. (I refuse to call them by their proper name).

I dont think a title has anything to do with it.
Simple fact is, the Wizards wont be a better team. By the time he is going to be a FA, Nene will probably be completely done. They will have lost one of their solid guards. And they wouldnt have cap to anything but sign KD. So you end up with a situation where its KD, Wall or Beal and then maybe one of the okay bigs.
The only advantage to doing that would be, being in the East, which again, in two years the land scape of the East should be very different. Therea re stacked teams in the east right now that are quickly developing.

BTW, i am issuing you a 500 dollar ticket for thinking you can be a KU fan and Dallas Cowboys fan. This will need to be paid by next month.
Send the money to RealKUFanshatethecowboys.com.

Wizards fan here. I think KD stays in OKC, but the above isn't true. We wouldn't have to resign Beal before signing KD and Beal's cap hold is going to be about 11.5 million, or 1.5 times his salary. I ran the numbers in another forum and We will have room for Beal, Wall, KD, Gortat and Porter, and likely Blair, but not for anything else of substance unless the cap increases a lot.

The truth is that Westbrook is better than Wall and Ibaka is at least as good as Beal. The rest of the OKC roster is probably going to be deeper and more talented than that of the Wizards. Presti is also clearly a better GM than Grunfeld. I agree with the above posters that if KD comes to DC it is because he wants to return to the area, not because it increases his chance of winning.

That being said, if I were KD I would be pissed about letting Harden go for monetary reasons and there has to be some consideration given to what is going to happen the year after KD is a free agent, when both Westbrook and Ibaka are due new contracts.

Regarding whether KD leaves if OKC wins a championship, there is no way KD can leave if OKC wins the championship the year KD is due to become a free agent. He has to come back to defend the title doesn't he?

Beal is a RFA that summer and would surely get some max offers.

Although his cap hit would be 11.5 i think.

Fair points though.
ThunderUp1234
Sophomore

Post#84 » by ThunderUp1234 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Vincent_Askew wrote:^^^ I can't wait to be back here in 2 years to re-up your comment and post a laughing gif in response when Durant leaves.

I can see KD leave, but not for the Knicks.

It's either OKC or Wash.

If money means anything, he aint leaving since OKC can offer him the most money.
ThunderUp1234
Sophomore

Post#85 » by ThunderUp1234 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:16 pm

So the Knicks are gonna sign Gasol, KD, Reggie on top of Melo's max deal.

If my math is right, those 4 would be combine to make 74 mil.

Yeah.

I can see them sign Reggie but there is a cap.
ThunderUp1234
Sophomore

Post#86 » by ThunderUp1234 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Really good read.

http://www.usatoday.com/longform/spo...ency/16399315/

"I've been here for seven years now…growing up in this city," said Durant, the Seat Pleasant, Md. native who had just flown in from the Washington Redskins game the night before to attend the event. "When you spend so much time in one place, you feel a part of it, especially with some great years you feel a part of it. It's a huge part of my life, and I can't just come here and punch the clock, saying, 'Oh, I can't wait until July comes so I can leave (during the offseasons).' I never felt that way."
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#87 » by NetsWorld » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:19 am

I feel Durant will stay at this juncture. There is no better core to be around that will increase your chances of winning like Ibaka and Westbrook. They are going to be a really good team for years to come and RealGM has posted some very good reads regarding the future of this team. OKC should be the favorite to come out of the West as long as they are healthy.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#88 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:57 am

BklynNets wrote:I feel Durant will stay at this juncture. There is no better core to be around that will increase your chances of winning like Ibaka and Westbrook. They are going to be a really good team for years to come and RealGM has posted some very good reads regarding the future of this team. OKC should be the favorite to come out of the West as long as they are healthy.

Thanks. :D

Edit: I know it sounds crazy but hearing this from non OKC fans makes me feel a little better!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#89 » by NetsWorld » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:26 pm

bondom34 wrote:
BklynNets wrote:I feel Durant will stay at this juncture. There is no better core to be around that will increase your chances of winning like Ibaka and Westbrook. They are going to be a really good team for years to come and RealGM has posted some very good reads regarding the future of this team. OKC should be the favorite to come out of the West as long as they are healthy.

Edit: I know it sounds crazy but hearing this from non OKC fans makes me feel a little better!

Actually,for reasons which the nets organization have offended me, I will no longer, after 13 years of being a fan, support the organization. I have chosen to become a Thunder fan. As stated previously, the core of Westbrook,Durant and serge is by far the best to build around.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:30 pm

BklynNets wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Actually,for reasons which the nets organization have offended me, I will no longer, after 13 years of being a fan, support the organization. I have chosen to become a Thunder fan. As stated previously, the core of Westbrook,Durant and serge is by far the best to build around.

Welcome aboard man!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#91 » by NetsWorld » Thu Oct 9, 2014 8:52 pm

bondom34 wrote:
BklynNets wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Thanks. :D

Welcome aboard man!

Can you change my username? OKC Thunder would be fine.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 8:54 pm

BklynNets wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
BklynNets wrote:Actually,for reasons which the nets organization have offended me, I will no longer, after 13 years of being a fan, support the organization. I have chosen to become a Thunder fan. As stated previously, the core of Westbrook,Durant and serge is by far the best to build around.

Welcome aboard man!

Can you change my username? OKC Thunder would be fine.

I can't, only Howard or an admin can. If you go to the Feedback and Suggestions Forum there's a thread for it. Make sure to read the first post b/c there's a specific format to post your desired name change in. But if you post it there, they take care of it for you. :D
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#93 » by NetsWorld » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 am

It'll be exciting and refreshing to finally watch a team which is compromised of two phenomenal players in Westbrook and Durant create their own offense. Can someone please tell me what type of offense they run? This team is athletic enough to run and gun but also play beautiful half court offense. For me, player movement and ball movement is essential to the success of a team. This team is better set up than anyone to win it all. If we win this year, the chances increase dramatically for the Thunder to remain competitive for years to come.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#94 » by HeartSouloma » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:05 am

OKCThunder wrote:It'll be exciting and refreshing to finally watch a team which is compromised of two phenomenal players in Westbrook and Durant create their own offense. Can someone please tell me what type of offense they run? This team is athletic enough to run and gun but also play beautiful half court offense. For me, player movement and ball movement is essential to the success of a team. This team is better set up than anyone to win it all. If we win this year, the chances increase dramatically for the Thunder to remain competitive for years to come.

Welcome abroad! :D

It's strange to have another ex-fan from another team to join a new one. But I under-stand you're not satisfied.

OKC run's an half court offense with KD/RUSS/IBAKA. OKC is looking to pass the ball more this upcoming season to create more balance on offense (hopefully). You'll hate Scott Brooks at times for his decision making.

You'll love Steve Adams. :lol:

Any ways welcome aboard!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by bondom34 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:20 am

Its a very very iso heavy offense, but honestly they're good at it and can get away w/ it most times. Its tougher in the playoffs, and many (me included) want an offensive assistant brought it w/ Brooks. That being said, they are really stronger on defense than offense and base that around a decent amount of gambling on the perimeter w/ Ibaka and Adams or Perk to back them up. Westbrook won me over pretty quickly as a fan, and I was a fan of other teams years ago as well. I've come to like the team's philosophy of building from within instead of dependence on free agency and trade entirely, though I wouldn't mind them doing a little more in that aspect. No matter what, I think they'll compete for years. As KDfan said, Adams is a riot too!
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#96 » by NetsWorld » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:37 pm

KDfan35 wrote:
OKCThunder wrote:It'll be exciting and refreshing to finally watch a team which is compromised of two phenomenal players in Westbrook and Durant create their own offense. Can someone please tell me what type of offense they run? This team is athletic enough to run and gun but also play beautiful half court offense. For me, player movement and ball movement is essential to the success of a team. This team is better set up than anyone to win it all. If we win this year, the chances increase dramatically for the Thunder to remain competitive for years to come.

Welcome abroad! :D

It's strange to have another ex-fan from another team to join a new one. But I under-stand you're not satisfied.

OKC run's an half court offense with KD/RUSS/IBAKA. OKC is looking to pass the ball more this upcoming season to create more balance on offense (hopefully). You'll hate Scott Brooks at times for his decision making.

You'll love Steve Adams. :lol:

Any ways welcome aboard!

I saw a few videos and did notice that Kevin, when Westbrook was out, does like to dominate the ball a lot. I agree, he is very good at it and is that type of player to take over games. Hey, whatever works for a team, you must stick with.

I don't think Houston will get by us this year. LAC and SA are the only two teams out West we should watch out for. With a healthier squad and also better chemistry between the core, I expect them to come out West.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder