off season pick ups

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

hoshberry
Ballboy
And1: 2

off season pick ups 

Post#1 » by hoshberry » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Wat r the chances of okc bn able to get kaman, Vince carter or Ramon sessions in the off season
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Re: off season pick ups 

Post#2 » by Podirk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:43 pm

I think of the 3...only Vince has any real shot. And that's with Caron and Fish both leaving.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Yeah, I'd love VC, but don't know if it happens.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Post#4 » by ThunderCeltic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:14 pm

If not Vinsanity I'd take Ben Gordon.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#5 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Tue May 6, 2014 5:31 pm

I hope you guys get vince, i don't know if i'm capable of watching another year of jose's, monta's and dirk's pitiful attempts at "defense". He deserves to be on a true contender for once, he would be a good fit and he used to be kd's favorite player.
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#6 » by kdthunderup » Wed May 7, 2014 6:41 am

Would also be great if we could pick up a new coach
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#7 » by Bravenewworld » Thu May 8, 2014 1:06 pm

kdthunderup wrote:Would also be great if we could pick up a new coach

I don't think a new coach would be a good idea at this point.
You should not fire successful coaches unless a decade has passed and you have to give a coach two or three seasons of "underachieving" before firing them. In OKCs case, i can only think of one and that has less to do with coach Brooks and more to do with what he was given and an injury.

That being said if we can get everyone to resign, this might be an idea worth mulling over the first year of that resigning. Of course that also depends on if they win a title or not. I know people try to call Brooks out on his limited playbook, but some of the best coaches in the NBA had very limited playbooks. Jackson, Sloan, Spo.
ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Post#8 » by ThunderCeltic » Thu May 8, 2014 8:49 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:I hope you guys get vince, i don't know if i'm capable of watching another year of jose's, monta's and dirk's pitiful attempts at "defense". He deserves to be on a true contender for once, he would be a good fit and he used to be kd's favorite player.

I want Vinsanity in OKC! He looked awesome against the Spurs.
Space Dracula
Junior
And1: 160

Post#9 » by Space Dracula » Fri May 9, 2014 2:48 pm

Mark Cuban lavishes his vets with amenities so that they will stay for less money. Vince and Marion are Mavs until they retire.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#10 » by spearsy23 » Fri May 9, 2014 9:15 pm

Bravenewworld wrote:

You should not fire successful coaches unless a decade has passed and you have to give a coach two or three seasons of "underachieving" before firing them. In OKCs case, i can only think of one and that has less to do with coach Brooks and more to do with what he was given and an injury.

That being said if we can get everyone to resign, this might be an idea worth mulling over the first year of that resigning. Of course that also depends on if they win a title or not. I know people try to call Brooks out on his limited playbook, but some of the best coaches in the NBA had very limited playbooks. Jackson, Sloan, Spo.

Jackson?! He had the exact opposite of a limited playbook.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#11 » by Bravenewworld » Fri May 9, 2014 9:54 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Bravenewworld wrote:

Jackson?! He had the exact opposite of a limited playbook.

Absolutely not.
Options were left open during plays, but play calling itself, at least offensively, was few.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#12 » by spearsy23 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:39 am

Bravenewworld wrote:Absolutely not.
Options were left open during plays, but play calling itself, at least offensively, was few.

There's a difference between few sets and few plays. Every single cut in the triangle leaves multiple options for the next guy, it's the antithesis of a limited offense.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder