Around The NBA 2014/2015

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Around The NBA 2014/2015 

Post#141 » by spearsy23 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:32 am

Jazz just won and gobert played really well, he missed two free throws at the end that would have put it out of reach and he was PISSED at himself. That kid is and is going to be something special.

Also, I think we all owe Reggie an apology. He wasn't dogging it or gunning for a contract, he just sucks.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#142 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:58 am

spearsy23 wrote:Jazz just won and gobert played really well, he missed two free throws at the end that would have put it out of reach and he was PISSED at himself. That kid is and is going to be something special.

Also, I think we all owe Reggie an apology. He wasn't dogging it or gunning for a contract, he just sucks.

Just came to post this. :lol:
Benched down the stretch for a rookie, no assists and 4 TOs with bad shooting. Yup, ya coulda been a contender Reg, but you had to whine. Bummer.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#143 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:18 am

RJ playing a bit better. That contract gonna be awful.

But Sconny Badger won!!! Really just ate UK.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#144 » by KD35Brah » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:06 am

bondom34 wrote:RJ playing a bit better. That contract gonna be awful.
Not really.

He's going to be good. He has never showed this in the past 2 years even with him starting 15+ games both seasons.

But he has really turned it up since Monroe went down and the floor got more spacing. He's having huge +/- games too, it isn't like he is just getting numbers.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#145 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:09 am

KD35Brah wrote:
Not really.

He's going to be good. He has never showed this in the past 2 years even with him starting 15+ games both seasons.

But he has really turned it up since Monroe went down and the floor got more spacing. He's having huge +/- games too, it isn't like he is just getting numbers.

Oh, I agree he's good. I just don't think he's 13 mil per year good.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach

Post#146 » by KD35Brah » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:37 am

bondom34 wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:
Not really.

He might be.

The only thing i don't like about Reggie is that he has to be the ball dominant guard on a team( like Wade, Westbrook, and Kobe), but he isn't good enough to take a team anywhere doing that.

If he ends the season playing like this, i don't see how 13 million is too much with the cap rising. It is a gamble though.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:40 am

KD35Brah wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:Not really.

He might be.

The only thing i don't like about Reggie is that he has to be the ball dominant guard on a team( like Wade, Westbrook, and Kobe), but he isn't good enough to take a team anywhere doing that.

If he ends the season playing like this, i don't see how 13 million is too much with the cap rising. It is a gamble though.

I just look at his numbers and man, he looks like Kemba Walker. Same age, similar efficiency, everything. If he gets that, he better improve. I don't think he's ever a starter on a contender, if he's that I'd be really really really shocked. He can start on a middling team in the east, but if they want a title, nope.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach

Post#148 » by KD35Brah » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:59 am

bondom34 wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Oh, I agree he's good. I just don't think he's 13 mil per year good.

He might be.

I just look at his numbers and man, he looks like Kemba Walker. Same age, similar efficiency, everything. If he gets that, he better improve. I don't think he's ever a starter on a contender, if he's that I'd be really really really shocked. He can start on a middling team in the east, but if they want a title, nope.
That awful stretch was probably caused by the trash spacing with Monroe and the adjustment with a new team.

Walker has never had an all around play type stretch that Reggie just had. Except for Walkers's series vs. the Heat and the huge scoring stretch he had earlier this year before getting injured he just doesn't compare.

Agreed on the last part though.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 7:02 am

KD35Brah wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:He might be.

That awful stretch was probably caused by the trash spacing with Monroe and the adjustment with a new team.

Walker has never had an all around play type stretch that Reggie just had. Except for Walkers's series vs. the Heat and the huge scoring stretch he had earlier this year before getting injured he just doesn't compare.

True, my strangest thing about it is RJ has an assist percentage now that he just can't keep up, and that's what makes him look so great. He's at a percentage better than anyone in the NBA for the season in his DET stint. Whenever that drops, I wonder how effective he is. He's over 50 percent now.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach

Post#150 » by KD35Brah » Sun Apr 5, 2015 7:23 am

bondom34 wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I just look at his numbers and man, he looks like Kemba Walker. Same age, similar efficiency, everything. If he gets that, he better improve. I don't think he's ever a starter on a contender, if he's that I'd be really really really shocked. He can start on a middling team in the east, but if they want a title, nope.

True, my strangest thing about it is RJ has an assist percentage now that he just can't keep up, and that's what makes him look so great. He's at a percentage better than anyone in the NBA for the season in his DET stint. Whenever that drops, I wonder how effective he is. He's over 50 percent now.

He has the ball in his hands(NBA's "Time of Possession") more than anyone in the league, except for John Wall. That plays a big part in it.

In order:
Wall
Reggie
Paul
Lillard
MCW(philly)
Rubio
Westbrook
Walker
Lawson

He isn't going to spend less time on the ball any time soon, so his AST% isn't going to go down much given the rest of the roster and his playing style.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 5:16 pm

KD35Brah wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:That awful stretch was probably caused by the trash spacing with Monroe and the adjustment with a new team.

He has the ball in his hands(NBA's "Time of Possession") more than anyone in the league, except for John Wall. That plays a big part in it.

In order:
Wall
Reggie
Paul
Lillard
MCW(philly)
Rubio
Westbrook
Walker
Lawson

He isn't going to spend less time on the ball any time soon, so his AST% isn't going to go down much given the rest of the roster and his playing style.

Good points, I just don't see how he can keep it up. Its literally saying he's going to set records. He's a good player, but not a top 5 PG, which is what that would suggest.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 5:53 pm

This made me laugh:

Simmons on another Harden ramble on twitter:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/584763206838562816[/tweet]
Makaveli2
Junior
And1: 56

Post#153 » by Makaveli2 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 11:20 am

I honestly think a team with Westbrook, harden and Durant could has win a championship though. instead of trading harden they should had kept him for another yr and during the time change the coach. Another coach probably could had made the three of them work together while on the court.
Imagine if pop had the three of them in a system.
Obviously you can't take pop, but a improvement from Brooks is worth a look.
bondom34 wrote:This made me laugh:

Simmons on another Harden ramble on twitter:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/584763206838562816[/tweet]
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by bondom34 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 12:21 pm

Nah, Brooks is good for the most part by me. As for the other part, it's in the past, most of us don't care anymore (at least I don't).
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#155 » by BadWolf » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:42 pm

DIon wins The Starters' Worst of the year. Last year it was JR.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#156 » by spearsy23 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:11 am

BadWolf wrote:DIon wins The Starters' Worst of the year. Last year it was JR.

As much as I dislike how he played, he was nowhere near the worst of the year. :-?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#157 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:46 am

Well, the Celtics are already better than the Nets. :lol:
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#158 » by spearsy23 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:36 am

bondom34 wrote:Well, the Celtics are already better than the Nets. :lol:

Billy King y'all. Nets fans were so excited after porky purchased the team, now the future is as bleak as it's ever been.
big_ticket
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#159 » by big_ticket » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:49 am

hope the spurs win..
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#160 » by spearsy23 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:59 am

big_ticket wrote:hope the spurs win..

So did we, I'm surprised Kawhi's legs didn't fall off just from having us rooting for them.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder