Around The NBA 2014/2015

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Around The NBA 2014/2015 

Post#41 » by spearsy23 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:25 am

I've really warmed to McGary after initially hating the pick. If he plays this well in the regular season I hope we can win a ring and have Nick retire into the sunset with MM taking his role.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#42 » by bondom34 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm

That would be a pretty cool way to end it for Collison. Presti did gain some trust from me too, though I trusted him before. I didn't like the draft at all, but McGary won me over, and I think Christon could find a role somewhere as well in a few years. He didn't overpay any FAs, which was happening a lot as well, which makes me think Reggie may be able to stay around on reasonable contract terms.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#43 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm pretty sure Collison will hang it up after this season and move into coaching. Would love to send him and Perkins off this year with a ring for helping the young guys grow up.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Loud_city
Rookie
And1: 921

Post#44 » by Loud_city » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:12 am

Anyone know if we are getting that championship patch or not? I don't think they should because it wouldn't be a good pr move but technically the franchise has won a championship.
kd 35
Senior
And1: 605

Post#45 » by kd 35 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:39 am

Loud_city wrote:Anyone know if we are getting that championship patch or not? I don't think they should because it wouldn't be a good pr move but technically the franchise has won a championship.

According to the style guide, we will not have it. I agree and am happy we aren't until OKC earns themselves one. Hopefully this upcoming season! I still hope Seattle gets a team soon and they can represent the '79 championship.

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Wow, the Cavs board has a ton of ex Heat fans. They started a thread for em all, I actually posted to say I'll be rooting for them in the east (I'll admittedly bandwagon unless they play OKC), but sheesh, like half the Heat board looks like they changed teams!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Loud_city
Rookie
And1: 921

Post#47 » by Loud_city » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:36 pm

bondom34 wrote:Wow, the Cavs board has a ton of ex Heat fans. They started a thread for em all, I actually posted to say I'll be rooting for them in the east (I'll admittedly bandwagon unless they play OKC), but sheesh, like half the Heat board looks like they changed teams!

Bandwagon city.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#48 » by HeartSouloma » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:01 am

I'm surprised no-body throw any big money on Eric Bledsoe and Greg Monroe. Monroe is a BEAST with his back-to the basket game.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#49 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 am

Loud_city wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Wow, the Cavs board has a ton of ex Heat fans. They started a thread for em all, I actually posted to say I'll be rooting for them in the east (I'll admittedly bandwagon unless they play OKC), but sheesh, like half the Heat board looks like they changed teams!

Bandwagon city.

Well most of them were fans prior to Lebron leaving so at least they were already on the bandwagon :lol:
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:00 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Loud_city wrote:

Bandwagon city.

Well most of them were fans prior to Lebron leaving so at least they were already on the bandwagon :lol:

If they're trading Wiggins for Love, I'm off the bandwagon already!

And also, I really doubt the guy named "Heat3Peat" is a lifelong Cavs fan..... :lol:
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#51 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:36 am

bondom34 wrote:
And also, I really doubt the guy named "Heat3Peat" is a lifelong Cavs fan..... :lol:

Well... Not lifelong, but only because of those four years Lebron left... And the years prior to Lebron being drafted.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#52 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Patric young signed a two year deal with NOP. I'm glad he's getting a chance, Mitch looks really good but I would have loved Young as an end of bench guy
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Not gonna lie, with all the drama around Harden right now, I'm starting to think he wasn't a great locker room guy and OKC kinda dodged potential troubles there. He was an awesome 6th man, but I don't trust him to carry a team, and seems he just isn't someone others want as a teammate. Maybe I read too much into things though.
kd 35
Senior
And1: 605

Post#54 » by kd 35 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:54 am

bondom34 wrote:Not gonna lie, with all the drama around Harden right now, I'm starting to think he wasn't a great locker room guy and OKC kinda dodged potential troubles there. He was an awesome 6th man, but I don't trust him to carry a team, and seems he just isn't someone others want as a teammate. Maybe I read too much into things though.

No, I agree. I think I'd have been happier if a team seriously overpaid for him but I can live with Adams/McGary/Lamb. I think Lamb could still develop into the player we need him to be and we all seem to love what we've seen from Adams/McGary. In the end, I think Presti will have made the right call.

I won't be surprised to see Houston struggle to make the playoffs this year in the strong WC. I feel like everyone got a little better for the most part but they are dramatically worse. This awkward turmoil doesn't help. They were a Melo or Bosh signing away from being a very serious threat in the West but instead they ostracized the "role players" throughout the process. They put all their eggs in one basket and really bit the bullet this summer.

I was a big fan of Harden when he was in OKC but I find it easy to root against him now. :D
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#55 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:43 am

I said it during the playoffs, Harden has turned into a d*ck. He's bought into the hype, which wouldn't be hard to do when you're that young and that good, but I'm SO glad we kept Russ and Serge over him. Houston is by far my most hated team in the league now and while I think they'll be just as much of a threat as last year I 'm hoping they miss the playoffs and Dwight and Haren get trashed by every fan everywhere :-D
BrianDavis
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#56 » by BrianDavis » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Although the Harden trade still proves today to be extremely one sided, the backlash he's been getting recently makes it a little better. Howard was already one of the least liked players in the league when he got to Houston, and Harden is becoming perhaps even less likable. Between Harden, Howard, and Morey, they are rubbing the league the wrong way, I doubt they ever get that third superstar now.

The other thing that makes the Harden trade a little easier to swallow are these numbers.
Harden's two first round exits (4-8 overall record), 38% from the field and 31% from 3, and 4 TOs per game in the postseason since leaving OKC to become "the man" in Houston.
There are NO WORDS
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:26 pm

BrianDavis wrote:Although the Harden trade still proves today to be extremely one sided, the backlash he's been getting recently makes it a little better. Howard was already one of the least liked players in the league when he got to Houston, and Harden is becoming perhaps even less likable. Between Harden, Howard, and Morey, they are rubbing the league the wrong way, I doubt they ever get that third superstar now.

The other thing that makes the Harden trade a little easier to swallow are these numbers.
Harden's two first round exits (4-8 overall record), 38% from the field and 31% from 3, and 4 TOs per game in the postseason since leaving OKC to become "the man" in Houston.

Yeah, the playoff numbers really fall off, which makes it a bit easier. I also really am high on Adams both now and potential-wise in the future. Without him, they'd still be looking for a Perk replacement, now Adams is locked up on a rookie deal and looks legit so far. I'm hopeful for him this season, can't wait to watch.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#58 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:22 pm

bondom34 wrote:
BrianDavis wrote:Although the Harden trade still proves today to be extremely one sided, the backlash he's been getting recently makes it a little better. Howard was already one of the least liked players in the league when he got to Houston, and Harden is becoming perhaps even less likable. Between Harden, Howard, and Morey, they are rubbing the league the wrong way, I doubt they ever get that third superstar now.

Yeah, the playoff numbers really fall off, which makes it a bit easier. I also really am high on Adams both now and potential-wise in the future. Without him, they'd still be looking for a Perk replacement, now Adams is locked up on a rookie deal and looks legit so far. I'm hopeful for him this season, can't wait to watch.

Also Reggie has come along in ways that never would have been possible with Harden still here. RJ may not exactly replicate James, but he provides a guy who can be a sixth man of the year candidate. If lamb ever becomes even a serviceable starter/sixth man level player I think both teams won the trade.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:53 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Also Reggie has come along in ways that never would have been possible with Harden still here. RJ may not exactly replicate James, but he provides a guy who can be a sixth man of the year candidate. If lamb ever becomes even a serviceable starter/sixth man level player I think both teams won the trade.

Yeah, I tend to agree w/ that. It gave the flexibility it was designed to, but really the guys who it opened roles for have come along really well. I'm still crossing my fingers RJ gets an extension this offseason.
BrianDavis
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#60 » by BrianDavis » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:32 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

I don't think i will ever agree that we "won the trade." OKC would be a better team today, last year, and the season before that had we not traded him. Our only asset from the trade that we still have that has actually contributed for us in the playoffs is Adams, and he isnt enough right not to make up the difference of Harden.

I mean….

Westbrook/Jackson
Harden/Roberson
Durant/Jones
Ibaka/Collison
Perkins/Thabeet
There are NO WORDS

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder