Reggie Jackson's Next Contract

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Re: Reggie Jackson's Next Contract 

Post#61 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:25 pm

Reggie will do what Monroe did this off-season. He will be unhappy with his RFA offers and take the QO. He will then hit FA right as the TV money kicks in and hope that it drives up his value and that some team that doesn't want to win will give him around $13M/yr to be their starting PG. Next of-season he will realize that while he is a very good backup PG and a solid starting option for a team with KD and Ibaka that he is not someone that any franchise would want to build around. For a good team he's going to be the 3rd or 4th best player.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#62 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 12:26 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Reggie will do what Monroe did this off-season. He will be unhappy with his RFA offers and take the QO. He will then hit FA right as the TV money kicks in and hope that it drives up his value and that some team that doesn't want to win will give him around $13M/yr to be their starting PG. Next of-season he will realize that while he is a very good backup PG and a solid starting option for a team with KD and Ibaka that he is not someone that any franchise would want to build around. For a good team he's going to be the 3rd or 4th best player.

Sadly I think you may be right. If this was gonna happen I would be okay with a trade, but it would kinda suck. I have a dream trade, but know it would never happen, and would need a third team:

OKC gets Jimmy Butler
3rd team gets RJ
Chicago gets something from 3rd team

Don't know who the third team is though, and don't know what Chicago would want, but Butler would be the perfect starting SG to me for this team.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
comingbacktousa
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#63 » by comingbacktousa » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:27 pm

bondom34 wrote: but Butler would be the perfect starting SG to me for this team.

I think Chicago/Thib feel the same way...I'm not a big Butler fan since he can't hit the 3, but next to McDermott he is a great fit long term since he can defend both wing positions.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#64 » by siar617 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:36 am

Thunderhead wrote:
Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 4m4 minutes ago
Reggie Jackson: "When I said command a team, I didn't mean be a temporary starter. I'm just trying to fill my role while I'm here."

Sounds to me , like Reggie wants to be traded ......... maybe its time to think about that.

Calderon for Reggie?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by bondom34 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:40 am

siar617 wrote:
Thunderhead wrote:
Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 4m4 minutes ago
Reggie Jackson: "When I said command a team, I didn't mean be a temporary starter. I'm just trying to fill my role while I'm here."

Sounds to me , like Reggie wants to be traded ......... maybe its time to think about that.

Calderon for Reggie?

I posted on the trade board:
RJ and Perk

for

Dalembert, Calderon, Shumpert

I'd do that.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by bondom34 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:42 am

And I think after seeing him play tonight, he wants out, Mayberry tweeted the team is freezing him out, and I agree.
siar617
Analyst

Post#67 » by siar617 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 12:29 pm

bondom34 wrote:
siar617 wrote:
Thunderhead wrote:

Calderon for Reggie?

RJ and Perk

for

I'd do that.

What about Reggie Jones for Hardaway Calderon
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Nov 4, 2014 2:00 pm

siar617 wrote:What about Reggie Jones for Hardaway Calderon

Short on salary. Calderon is making over $7M. It would require Perkins being involved to acquire him or more young players.

Reggie, PJ3 and Lamb for Calderon and Hardaway would work. I don't it though. I like the idea of Calderon, but his salary makes it difficult to work it out.

Rondo and Sullinger for Perkins and Reggie? Not sure the Celtics would bite, but since Rondo doesn't seem to be in their long-term plans they might. They could have Reggie and Smart as their starting guards.

Alec Burks and Steve Novak for Reggie? I think Utah might go for that.

Tony Wroten for a draft pick? The 76ers are in full tank mode.

Kyle Singler for a draft pick? Detroit doesn't think they are contenders, do they?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by bondom34 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 7:02 pm

siar617 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
siar617 wrote:Calderon for Reggie?

RJ and Perk

for

I'd do that.

What about Reggie Jones for Hardaway Calderon

No for the reasons Kizz said. As well, I'd prefer to keep Reggie if possible.

There's no real value in trading RJ and PJ for Hardaway and Calderon. I'd do the deal I posted but that's about it.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#70 » by spearsy23 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:06 am

Athletically there's not much separating Reggie and Semaj. If Semaj can develop anything like Reggie has we won't be seeing RJ past next season.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#71 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:06 pm

sorry guys.

haven't read all 4 pages.
but just wanted to know if it is a slam dunk that you guys would not match a poison pill offer for Reggie?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:sorry guys.

but just wanted to know if it is a slam dunk that you guys would not match a poison pill offer for Reggie?

Don't know for sure, but they're saying they'll match anything as of now. My best guess is they match up to around 10-11 million.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#73 » by KD35Brah » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:sorry guys.

I don't see why they wouldn't.

With the cap going up the poison pill wouldn't mean much in the long run. UInless the poison was around $16-$20 million in the last year of the contract...

But he will never get that kind of contract.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Poison pill would max at $15M. I would say that OKC would not match. However, I'm also going to say that Reggie wouldn't sign a poison pill contract. They only average out to $8.4M/yr. Reggie will try for more money than that. If his options are a poison pill contract for $8.4M/yr with most of it deferred or a $9M/yr deal where he gets it in sooner so he can invest and grow it sooner with OKC he'd take the extra money and wait for UFA to try to land a bigger deal. That or just take the QO, which would be more than the first year of a poison pill contract, and expect more as a UFA with less PG competition in the next FA class.

I'm also surprised to see a Clippers fan ask that. There is no contract he would consider signing with the Clippers. The only reason he will leave OKC is to be a starter and that pretty much means bottom 10 teams who have no expectations of the playoffs anytime soon and a very bad starting PG. I'm really not sure what team he thinks he can start for that will offer him a contract that OKC won't match. I guess the Lakers could be stupid and offer him a huge deal to replace Lin.
Dubeta
Banned User
And1: 221

Post#75 » by Dubeta » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 pm

i think reggie is going to command ALOT of money. Max contract? Perhaps not, but without durant hogging the ball, he is really showcasing his talents.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:21 am

Dubeta wrote:i think reggie is going to command ALOT of money. Max contract? Perhaps not, but without durant hogging the ball, he is really showcasing his talents.

What talents is he showcasing? He's shooting 40% from the field, 29% from 3 and posting a 0.94 WS/48. He is having by far the worst season since his rookie year. He is showing that without a player like KD he is worthless. He had a chance to show that he could carry a bad team to a .500ish record and make himself some money. Instead he is showing that he's not even in the ballpark of Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings and other pending mediocre PG FAs.
DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

Post#77 » by DontH8TheBrody » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Dubeta wrote:i think reggie is going to command ALOT of money. Max contract? Perhaps not, but without durant hogging the ball, he is really showcasing his talents.

What talents is he showcasing? He's shooting 40% from the field, 29% from 3 and posting a 0.94 WS/48. He is having by far the worst season since his rookie year. He is showing that without a player like KD he is worthless. He had a chance to show that he could carry a bad team to a .500ish record and make himself some money. Instead he is showing that he's not even in the ballpark of Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings and other pending mediocre PG FAs.

I agree 100% Kizz, don't worry though, apparently this guy is a troll.
    PG: Westbrook/Jackson/Smith
    SG: Roberson/Morrow/Lamb
    SF: Durant/Jones/Lamb
    PF: Ibaka/Collison/McGary
    C: Adams/Perkins

THUNDER UP 0 | 35 | 9 |15 | 11 | 3 | 12
siar617
Analyst

Post#78 » by siar617 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

While I do not believe he can carry a team I do believe he can be a nice starter next to a player like Melo in a system where he doesn't have to be depended on to score.

Knicks can offer him a player like Durant, a starting position, big stage a big dollars. Not max money but good money. Cap is going up soon so contracts that people think are horrible will be nothing in two years.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:26 pm

siar617 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

While I do not believe he can carry a team I do believe he can be a nice starter next to a player like Melo in a system where he doesn't have to be depended on to score.

Knicks can offer him a player like Durant, a starting position, big stage a big dollars. Not max money but good money. Cap is going up soon so contracts that people think are horrible will be nothing in two years.

But why wouldn't they just target a better player? Knight, Lin, Ellis etc. Reggie's not exactly cream of the crop here. He's shown he's good, but needs a star or 2 next to him at the least. And Melo's not really that much "like Durant".
siar617
Analyst

Post#80 » by siar617 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:32 pm

bondom34 wrote:
siar617 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

But why wouldn't they just target a better player? Knight, Lin, Ellis etc. Reggie's not exactly cream of the crop here. He's shown he's good, but needs a star or 2 next to him at the least. And Melo's not really that much "like Durant".

As a Knick's fan I can say I've had enough of Lin. Ellis is not a pg and would cost too much. Knight is going nowhere. Don't need him to be that good just play defense and pressure the other teams defense. And you're right Melo is tougher and has a low post game.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder