KLove

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

KLove 

Post#1 » by kbrow20 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:44 pm

What would you guys think if you did a trade for Kevin Love

Ibaka + Jackson for Love and if need be another player?

Love would give you a Big 3 since he is a allstar

Ibaka is just a star and so is Jackson.

That would make Thunder the best team in the west instead of now where Spurs currently
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Re: KLove 

Post#2 » by Balkman32 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:03 pm

No interest in moving Ibaka.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by kbrow20 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Ok would it be better if it was different?

Lamb, Adams, Jackson, and Perkins for Love and Muhammad
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:39 pm

No. Love is not a fit in OKC.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by kbrow20 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:No. Love is not a fit in OKC.

How wouldn't he fit in OKC.

You have no bigs who actually can shoot the ball. They are all defense and no offense. Ibaka is your best offense player down low and even he is mediocre at best. Perkins, Adams, Thabeet, and Collison have no offense. You need to take pressure off Durant more on offense and Love would do that with ease. Durant can't do everything and Durant will be a free agent and he might try free agency. This would keep him in OKC.
Really LOL
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 pm

kbrow20 wrote:You have no bigs who actually can shoot the ball. They are all defense and no offense. Ibaka is your best offense player down low and even he is mediocre at best. Perkins, Adams, Thabeet, and Collison have no offense. You need to take pressure off Durant more on offense and Love would do that with ease. Durant can't do everything and Durant will be a free agent and he might try free agency. This would keep him in OKC.

Pop quiz. Who shot a higher percentage from 3 last year the last two seasons, Love or Ibaka? I bet your just unaware of reality enough to think it was Love. The Thunder do need another volume scorer and they definitely do not need one that plays no defense. That is why Harden is no longer here. Ibaka is the best jump shooting big man in the NBA. He just does not get the volume of Love because of Russ and KD.

Adams will continue to develop on offense. The Thunder like defense out of their big men. They would not give up Ibaka or Adams for Love. Minnesota's best chance of moving Love is to get Cleveland to be real stupid and give up Wiggins, Bennett, and Waiters for the most overrated player in the NBA.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by kbrow20 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:05 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:You have no bigs who actually can shoot the ball. They are all defense and no offense. Ibaka is your best offense player down low and even he is mediocre at best. Perkins, Adams, Thabeet, and Collison have no offense. You need to take pressure off Durant more on offense and Love would do that with ease. Durant can't do everything and Durant will be a free agent and he might try free agency. This would keep him in OKC.

Pop quiz. Who shot a higher percentage from 3 last year the last two seasons, Love or Ibaka? I bet your just unaware of reality enough to think it was Love. The Thunder do need another volume scorer and they definitely do not need one that plays no defense. That is why Harden is no longer here. Ibaka is the best jump shooting big man in the NBA. He just does not get the volume of Love because of Russ and KD.

Adams will continue to develop on offense. The Thunder like defense out of their big men. They would not give up Ibaka or Adams for Love. Minnesota's best chance of moving Love is to get Cleveland to be real stupid and give up Wiggins, Bennett, and Waiters for the most overrated player in the NBA.

Wiggins is the most overrated player. Ibaka is not even close to being the best shooting big man. There is a reason people leave him open to double team Durant because Ibaka misses all the time. Love is not even close to being overrated. He is a one of the top 5 players in the NBA
Really LOL
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 am

kbrow20 wrote:Wiggins is the most overrated player. Ibaka is not even close to being the best shooting big man. There is a reason people leave him open to double team Durant because Ibaka misses all the time. Love is not even close to being overrated. He is a one of the top 5 players in the NBA

Top 5 players carry their teams to the playoffs. Ibaka shoots 54% from the field and 38% from 3. Maybe eventually he'll start missing as much as Love.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#9 » by bbms » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:26 am

We have no interest in Kevin Love. Ibaka is very important to our defense. Change Ibaka for Love and our defense jumps from top 10 to bottom 10. If you watch games, you'll understand why Durant said on his MVP speech to Ibaka "you made me look better than I am". A lot of Durant's assists came when double teamed then passed up to Ibaka for the mid range J.

Kevin Love would require Adams to become a DPOY level player right away to work defensively. Which isn't realistic by any means.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#10 » by bondom34 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 am

This is the second site today I've seen that exact trade (Ibaka/RJ/Lamb for Love) on....its terrible for OKC, who has no need for Love. The only reason I can think it's ever mentioned is b/c Minny fans like it. And no way I'm moving Adams either.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#11 » by HeartSouloma » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:37 am

Hell no. I rather keep Ibaka... I like K-Love, but his defense is horrendous.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#12 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:57 am

Love's defensive deficiencies are being overstated. There's no way I'd give up Ibaka for him, but if Minny was willing to accept Perkins/RJ/Adams/Lamb/Huestis/1sts it isn't like there's no reason to want him. A lineup of Russ/PJIII/KD/Love/Ibaka would be the greatest offense in the game, and while our bench would be Telfair/Morrow/Roberson/Collison/McGary, we could bring Pleiss over and try a Hinrich signing to have a poor but respectable bench.

Edit: yes, there's zero chance. But I wish we could see Russ playing with shooters like this. I guarantee he'd be closer to 9.5 assists than 7.5
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#13 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:14 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:Wiggins is the most overrated player. Ibaka is not even close to being the best shooting big man. There is a reason people leave him open to double team Durant because Ibaka misses all the time. Love is not even close to being overrated. He is a one of the top 5 players in the NBA

Top 5 players carry their teams to the playoffs. Ibaka shoots 54% from the field and 38% from 3. Maybe eventually he'll start missing as much as Love.

Are we pretending those shooting numbers aren't effected by role or volume?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
OlDirtMcBert
Senior
And1: 157

Post#14 » by OlDirtMcBert » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Straight up, I wouldn't trade Ibaka for Love. Did you hear what Pop said about him? He thinks he's the best two-way frontcourt player in the league. Enough said, but....

Kevin Love plays zero D. He's slow (never pushes his defender on transition, despite sweet 80 foot passing), requires lots of looks, and can barely touch the rim. He puts up big numbers on a terrible team.

Ibaka nearly always beats his man down the court because he's the 2nd fastest player on the team. He's killer on defense because he puts a lid on the bucket from 15 feet in.

Ibaka > Love. By quite a bit when you start looking at contracts.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder