Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Mitch or Steven 

Post#21 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:14 am

Old Man Game wrote:
bbms wrote:Does Adams have better defensive awareness than McGary? I doubt that. I really doubt Adams would have a better defensive impact if he had the same body type. McGary's steal numbers are something to look forward. Both are very active on defense and have the lateral quickness, but McGary is able to turn that into disruptive plays, while Adams is more of a vertical force.

What I question most is how McGary's offensive rebounding will translate to the NBA. Adams is a stud offensive rebounder and that can generate offense on it's own. I don't see a lot of players like McGary (6'10-7'0") succeeding in the NBA boards.

I don't like McGary's vertical game like I do like Adams' horizontal defensive game, though.

If McGary can translate his rebounding to the NBA, I'm leaning towards McGary here, though, I think Adams has a better potential.

What's Udonis Haslem's standing reach? He's had a long career. Something similar on the boards would be adequate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

DX had Haslem at 8' 11", Adams at 9' 1.5", and McGary at 8'11.5", so he's about the same as UD.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#22 » by Old Man Game » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:43 am

bondom34 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
bbms wrote:Does Adams have better defensive awareness than McGary? I doubt that. I really doubt Adams would have a better defensive impact if he had the same body type. McGary's steal numbers are something to look forward. Both are very active on defense and have the lateral quickness, but McGary is able to turn that into disruptive plays, while Adams is more of a vertical force.

What I question most is how McGary's offensive rebounding will translate to the NBA. Adams is a stud offensive rebounder and that can generate offense on it's own. I don't see a lot of players like McGary (6'10-7'0") succeeding in the NBA boards.

I don't like McGary's vertical game like I do like Adams' horizontal defensive game, though.

If McGary can translate his rebounding to the NBA, I'm leaning towards McGary here, though, I think Adams has a better potential.

What's Udonis Haslem's standing reach? He's had a long career. Something similar on the boards would be adequate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

DX had Haslem at 8' 11", Adams at 9' 1.5", and McGary at 8'11.5", so he's about the same as UD.

Nice. So he shouldn't be a per se poor rebounder just because of the standing reach. I'm sure we could find other examples. Position and instincts have a lot to do with being an effective rebounder.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#23 » by KD35Brah » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:01 pm

I would want Mitch backing up Ibaka.

Steven starting at center. Perkins should not being playing more than 10 minutes per game unless we are playing Z.Bo.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#24 » by bondom34 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:34 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
kd 35
Senior
And1: 605

Post#25 » by kd 35 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:31 pm

I love his attitude. He's going to be a great addition for OKC. :nod:
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#26 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:36 pm

You can find a full game from high school of Steven Versus Mitch and this is coming from a New Zealand homer, Mitch dominated the match up. Skill wise, yes Mcgary is probably more advanced. I think Mcgary is going to be a very good player. The guy is massive, skilled and knows how to play - he's in the perfect situation to succeed.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#27 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 am

kd 35 wrote:

I love his attitude. He's going to be great addition for OKC. :nod:

I hope he gets an honest chance if he's ready. Enough of this deferring to incumbents just because they've always been there. And yes, I know Steven beat out Hash, but that's been the exception. Serge played behind Green at PF. Even a post-ACL E. Maynor got the nod over Reggie for a couple months in the rotation when it was clear Reggie was the better option. If McGary is ready to roll give him a chance. Nick's been great but he's on the downhill side of both his career and his contract.

[Once again, IF Mitch looks ready. I recognize he might well suck for all I know]
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#28 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Aug 1, 2014 7:53 am

Mitch is nothing but Nick Collison 2.0.
Which makes him a very diverse back up 4/5 and thats not at all an insult at all. Ive met Nick Collison and kicked his ass at NBA Live 96... i think it was, maybe 97, hes a great guy. But neither Mitch or Collison, are Adams.
Steven Adams, well, the thread got a bit off topic but if you want to see my highlights of him and why there is no question that he is our center, check the Tibor Pleiss thread.
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#29 » by willywazza » Mon Aug 4, 2014 6:44 am

I kinda see Mitch as Collison's replacement.

Adams is definitely someone who can start at center.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#30 » by spearsy23 » Mon Aug 4, 2014 8:30 am

willywazza wrote:I kinda see Mitch as Collison's replacement.

Adams is definitely someone who can start at center.

Being a starting center is much easier than being a starting pf.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder