OKC Thunder 2014-2015 Preseason 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Looks like the schedule's out:

10/10: at Dallas
10/14: vs. Memphis
10/17 vs. Toronto
10/19: vs. Minnesota
10/21: vs. Utah

Hopefully we'll see a few things. First, just who's gonna start at SG is the big one. I'll also be interested in watching Adams, and how the bench mob is doing. For opponents, I'm looking forward to the Wolves, they should be a good watch this season.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Re: OKC Thunder 2014-2015 Preseason 

Post#2 » by Balkman32 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Morrow and Perkins will start.

Bench of Jackson (if re-signed), Lamb, Adams, PJ3, and a mix of Collison and McGary.

I think keeping Adams, Lamb, and Jackson out of the starting lineup will give the bench the fire power needed to succeed. Once the playoffs start we could see Adams and Lamb or Jackson creep into the starting lineup. But, That would leave the second unit w/ only Lamb or Jackson. Having Morrow starting w/ Durant and Westbrook is a match made in heaven. This guy is just going to stroke it all day long.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#3 » by bbms » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 am

I like the idea of Morrow starting.
Grolgar
Junior
And1: 176

Post#4 » by Grolgar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 am

I'm pumped for the OKC-Dallas game. It's the night before OU-Texas so a lot of friend are going to head over to this the night before.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#5 » by sonictecture » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Morrow and Perkins will start.

Bench of Jackson (if re-signed), Lamb, Adams, PJ3, and a mix of Collison and McGary.

I think keeping Adams, Lamb, and Jackson out of the starting lineup will give the bench the fire power needed to succeed. Once the playoffs start we could see Adams and Lamb or Jackson creep into the starting lineup. But, That would leave the second unit w/ only Lamb or Jackson. Having Morrow starting w/ Durant and Westbrook is a match made in heaven. This guy is just going to stroke it all day long.

It's an interesting theory that the best perimeter defender on the team would be replaced by Morrow who projects as the worst perimeter defender on the team.

Last year when Sefolosha missed games due to injury, Brooks started Roberson. Roberson was drafted as a potential Sefalosha replacement because the team values the dedicated perimeter defender alongside Westbrook and Durant. I don't think having Morrow as a release valve to start games is valuable enough to make him a starter.

In terms of scoring off the bench, it should be remembered that Brooks is likely to stagger Durant and Westbrook so they are almost always on the court.

Jackson is not a RFA until next summer so he is under contract.

I think starting Adams gives the team more balance and versatility, but Adams has to show he won't hurt the team as a starter. This means that defensively he has to play solid position defense and not get into foul trouble. Substitutions off the bench for Adams become very interested and could really be based on match ups rather than just a set rotation.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#6 » by bbms » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Main value of Sefolosha was to give Westbrook some rest on defensive end. Maybe the right call here is to assign less of Westbrook on offense, put Morrow there to improve us offensely and use Westbrook to his full man to man defensive potential.
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#7 » by wizkid27 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:30 am

bbms wrote:Main value of Sefolosha was to give Westbrook some rest on defensive end. Maybe the right call here is to assign less of Westbrook on offense, put Morrow there to improve us offensely and use Westbrook to his full man to man defensive potential.

I am okay with this line of thinking (although Russ is very important to the offense, so I'm not really in the "drastically limit his shots" camp). I would also be very much in support of giving Durant and Russ a few more minutes of rest/game, which should translate to them being able to expend more energy on both ends while they're out there.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#8 » by HeartSouloma » Wed Oct 8, 2014 4:27 am

Is it true that Scott Brooks is going to announce the SG position and C position today? Plus I read that Andre Roberson owned Lamb at camp
camp. I perdict Adams and Roberson starting for OKC. Any word on Ibaka?
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#9 » by Bravenewworld » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:22 am

Watching Jeremy Lamb just makes me sick to my stomach. This kid has got to go. We have spent too much time and effort on him. He has not improved over the past few years and apparently he has not improved at all this off season, so its time to package this guy with someone else and attempt to bring in a SG that is not a waste of a roster space.

Adam's looks fantastic.
McGary looks damn good.
I forgot the other guy we drafted.
Roberson looks improved over last season.
Telfair is looking really good as well, kinda glad we picked him up.
Lamb... its time to go buddy. You gotta go the way of ol' yeller..... just look at the flowers lamb, keep looking at the flowers.
This is your qualifying year dude, if you cant pick it up, even in a goddamn preseason game to prove yourself and your value, then we dont want you.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#10 » by KD35Brah » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:44 am

Lamb looked pathetic out there.....
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:15 am

KD35Brah wrote:Lamb looked pathetic out there.....

Sigh......
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#12 » by KD35Brah » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:31 am

Are we overreacting?

Didn't Lamb struggle in last year's Preseason as well?

I kinda already knew he can't really fend for himself and he lives of playing with the starters, but this was disappointing no way around it.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:39 am

I don't know, I'm not really remembering last preseason. Its one game, but its not good. Gonna check the recap on DT in a few minutes as its tough when you can't watch the game, but 1-14 sounds pretty bad. From the box score, looks like the rest of the team was at least solid, but Denver's end of the bench beat OKC's in the 4th.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:42 am

Well, the recap was short. Lamb was terrible, Adams fouled a lot, so hopefully that gets under control. Roberson was decent though, which is encouraging as was McGary. First game of preseason.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Bravenewworld » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:19 am

bondom34 wrote:I don't know, I'm not really remembering last preseason. Its one game, but its not good. Gonna check the recap on DT in a few minutes as its tough when you can't watch the game, but 1-14 sounds pretty bad. From the box score, looks like the rest of the team was at least solid, but Denver's end of the bench beat OKC's in the 4th.

But the point is we keep having this conversation about him.
Best case for Lamb is he is an undeveloped dollar store version of JR Smith.

I know you want to love this guy, we all did. But lets move on, just tell Lamb to look at the flowers and i will take care of him.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:37 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I don't know, I'm not really remembering last preseason. Its one game, but its not good. Gonna check the recap on DT in a few minutes as its tough when you can't watch the game, but 1-14 sounds pretty bad. From the box score, looks like the rest of the team was at least solid, but Denver's end of the bench beat OKC's in the 4th.

But the point is we keep having this conversation about him.
Best case for Lamb is he is an undeveloped dollar store version of JR Smith.

I know you want to love this guy, we all did. But lets move on, just tell Lamb to look at the flowers and i will take care of him.

I'm gettin closer to it, not quite yet.
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#17 » by Podirk » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:49 pm

Bravenewworld wrote:Watching Jeremy Lamb just makes me sick to my stomach. This kid has got to go. We have spent too much time and effort on him. He has not improved over the past few years and apparently he has not improved at all this off season, so its time to package this guy with someone else and attempt to bring in a SG that is not a waste of a roster space.

Adam's looks fantastic.
McGary looks damn good.
I forgot the other guy we drafted.
Roberson looks improved over last season.
Telfair is looking really good as well, kinda glad we picked him up.
Lamb... its time to go buddy. You gotta go the way of ol' yeller..... just look at the flowers lamb, keep looking at the flowers.
This is your qualifying year dude, if you cant pick it up, even in a goddamn preseason game to prove yourself and your value, then we dont want you.

Josh Huestis : He will be in the D league this year, not on the Thunder roster at all.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#18 » by Podirk » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:52 pm

I got to listen to pieces of the game but one thing that stood out...for both Lamb and Reggie was selfishness. Taking a shot when having an open man was something Matt Pinto mentioned quite a few times.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Bravenewworld » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:34 pm

Podirk wrote:

I got to listen to pieces of the game but one thing that stood out...for both Lamb and Reggie was selfishness. Taking a shot when having an open man was something Matt Pinto mentioned quite a few times.

I think this holds true for Lamb but not so much Reggie. Jackson racked up 6 assists in the little over 20 minutes he played and with FTs made, basically shot 5 of 11. W/O being fouled on drives he went 3 for 11, but i dont take big issues with a scoring guard trying to get his shot to fall. At least he knew when to stop and could distribute when all else failed.
Lamb chop went 1 for 20 though.

IMO of the new people (outside of McGary) Telfair was the most impressive. While he seemed a bit rusty, he looked like he will fit this team perfectly.
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#20 » by wizkid27 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 5:14 pm

Why is Semaj not on our roster? Figured we'd see a little bit of him...

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder