James Harden Hater Thread (Official)

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

James Harden Hater Thread (Official) 

Post#1 » by DontH8TheBrody » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:28 am

I am so disappointed in this guy. Was one of the reasons I fell in love with OKC and really basketball in general along with KD, Russ, and Serge. I still wonder all the time how we would look if we kept him, but the more this guy yaps and hell the way he plays D, to go a long with his supposed bad attitude off court, I think we are better going forward.

"I am the best all around player in the NBA." Come on.. SMH.

I don't even have to argue against how stupid of a comment that is. Good riddance James, won't be surprised to see you miss the playoffs this year. In all honesty though, being a former OKC guy and one of my favourite players, I really hope you grow up.
    PG: Westbrook/Jackson/Smith
    SG: Roberson/Morrow/Lamb
    SF: Durant/Jones/Lamb
    PF: Ibaka/Collison/McGary
    C: Adams/Perkins

THUNDER UP 0 | 35 | 9 |15 | 11 | 3 | 12
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: James Harden Hater Thread (Official) 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:57 am

Though I think he's changed for sure, I don't know what else he coulda said. He certainly needs to grow up a bit, but I think he's come under some undue scrutiny this offseason. Heck of a player, but confounding at times.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#3 » by spearsy23 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 am

bondom34 wrote:Though I think he's changed for sure, I don't know what else he coulda said. He certainly needs to grow up a bit, but I think he's come under some undue scrutiny this offseason. Heck of a player, but confounding at times.

Not that it's a huge deal but there are definitely other things he could have said. "I'm working to be the best player I can be, I think I can be the best player in the game." There's an easy answer.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
guille4s
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#4 » by guille4s » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Love this post.
I was a great fan of him, but I'm highly dissapointed, but he now believe he is better than everyone at life
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:19 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Though I think he's changed for sure, I don't know what else he coulda said. He certainly needs to grow up a bit, but I think he's come under some undue scrutiny this offseason. Heck of a player, but confounding at times.

Not that it's a huge deal but there are definitely other things he could have said. "I'm working to be the best player I can be, I think I can be the best player in the game." There's an easy answer.

Yeah, he definitely coulda worded it differently, but I think a lot of the stuff coming his way right now isn't necessarily for this quote, but everything else. The "role players" comment for the other Rockets was bad, I can't imagine what would happen if a Durant or Lebron said it. I think this was one of the tamer things he's gotten bashed for this offseason in the big scheme of things. Not the best thing to say, but not his worst.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

Post#6 » by DontH8TheBrody » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Do you guys think we would be better going forward with Adams/Lamb combo any have more money to spread around or have the star in Harden?

I think its easier to find guys like Adams/Lamb obviously who once they expire on rookie contracts you can draft new guys similar and have cheap vets on minimums rather then finding unique talent like James.

Do you think Harden would start now with Thabo gone? People said before they didn't think that 3 perimeter players could work that well because everyone needed the ball but can you imagine Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins with Jackson as the 6th man? That could be one of the all time great offensive teams.. We wouldn't have much defense though.

In the long run I think the flexibility plus the progression of Lamb and Adams will serve us better but man the thought of having 3 all NBA first team guys on our team is pretty crazy.
    PG: Westbrook/Jackson/Smith
    SG: Roberson/Morrow/Lamb
    SF: Durant/Jones/Lamb
    PF: Ibaka/Collison/McGary
    C: Adams/Perkins

THUNDER UP 0 | 35 | 9 |15 | 11 | 3 | 12
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 pm

DontH8TheBrody wrote:Do you guys think we would be better going forward with Adams/Lamb combo any have more money to spread around or have the star in Harden?

I think its easier to find guys like Adams/Lamb obviously who once they expire on rookie contracts you can draft new guys similar and have cheap vets on minimums rather then finding unique talent like James.

Do you think Harden would start now with Thabo gone? People said before they didn't think that 3 perimeter players could work that well because everyone needed the ball but can you imagine Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins with Jackson as the 6th man? That could be one of the all time great offensive teams.. We wouldn't have much defense though.

In the long run I think the flexibility plus the progression of Lamb and Adams will serve us better but man the thought of having 3 all NBA first team guys on our team is pretty crazy.

I actually kind of agree. He was a luxury for sure, but if he were still in OKC, there's no replacement in sight for Perk, and no money to spend on one either. That alone for me makes it worthwhile.
kd 35
Senior
And1: 605

Post#8 » by kd 35 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Yeah it's good riddance from me. I was also a big "Fear the Beard" fan and was initially disappointed when we traded him. It's one thing to be confident but I don't think that's what we are seeing from James. I like the way he worded it with the "all-around" adjective considering how one-dimensional he is in Houston. He's not the best player in the league at anything outside of growing a beard. :lol:

I think James was likable in OKC with his role-player ego in check. He's certainly a talented player, but the way he strokes his own ego these days is cringe-worthy, particularly when he's throwing teammates under the bus.

I've been happy with Reggie filling in his former role of providing production off the bench and I'm hopeful we can get him to not only re-sign but also at a much better price than 4/55. I've said it before but I just don't think he'd ever even reach the point where he was worth a max deal in OKC. Not to mention, Jackson is much further along in his development than he would have been with Harden here. Ideally we would have hoodwinked someone to trade for him but I'll take Adams/McGary/Lamb/+Reggie's added development with his absence.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder