OKC Thunder 2014/15 Regular Season Game Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Thunderhead
Senior
And1: 287

Re: OKC Thunder 2014/15 Regular Season Game Thread 

Post#61 » by Thunderhead » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:19 pm

wow, just wow ........ hope the home crowd really gives these guys an ovation, I can't make the home oener , but I will be there for the Grizz .... these guys earned it last night.
babase
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#62 » by babase » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:51 pm

It'd be amazing if they could pull a title run out of a 7/8 seed and then have a decent draft pick to use a few weeks later..
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#63 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:16 pm

babase wrote:It'd be amazing if they could pull a title run out of a 7/8 seed and then have a decent draft pick to use a few weeks later..

If you win the title you get the last pick. Record is irrelevant if you hoist the trophy.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
babase
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#64 » by babase » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
babase wrote:It'd be amazing if they could pull a title run out of a 7/8 seed and then have a decent draft pick to use a few weeks later..

If you win the title you get the last pick. Record is irrelevant if you hoist the trophy.

Oooo really. I guess I've never noticed that. Well I'd still take winning the title as a 7/8 seed then.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#65 » by KD35Brah » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:22 pm

How are we going to make the playoffs...
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#66 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:38 pm

KD35Brah wrote:How are we going to make the playoffs...

Wow, everyone is in panic mode huh?
Its roughly a month before we get at least either KD or Westbrook back. Worst case we drop the ball on 8 or so games, not a huge deal.
By then we will have at least 3 other guys who were injured the past two games back as well and potentially McGary and Morrow.
Given how we handled the Clippers last night i think its going to be interesting to see whats going to happen while KD/Westbrook are out. Is PJ3 going to become something special?
Is Adams going to have that breakthrough year?
Is Roberson?
We will now see Jackson at full force, so..... maybe we can get a shot at seeing his ceiling, something we never saw with Harden and something that could have potentially changed our minds on signing him.

I will say this though.
If you drop below 10 healthy players in a line up, you should be able to call 2-3 players up from your DLeague team.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#67 » by bondom34 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Bravenewworld wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:How are we going to make the playoffs...

Wow, everyone is in panic mode huh?
Its roughly a month before we get at least either KD or Westbrook back. Worst case we drop the ball on 8 or so games, not a huge deal.
By then we will have at least 3 other guys who were injured the past two games back as well and potentially McGary and Morrow.
Given how we handled the Clippers last night i think its going to be interesting to see whats going to happen while KD/Westbrook are out. Is PJ3 going to become something special?
Is Adams going to have that breakthrough year?
Is Roberson?
We will now see Jackson at full force, so..... maybe we can get a shot at seeing his ceiling, something we never saw with Harden and something that could have potentially changed our minds on signing him.

I will say this though.
If you drop below 10 healthy players in a line up, you should be able to call 2-3 players up from your DLeague team.

After tomorrow, they're eligible for a roster exception to sign a FA. Granted, no one very good is available, but its there. Maybe Will Bynum?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by KD35Brah » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:52 pm

It's going to be hard...

We only had 12 more wins than Phoenix last year, We would have to claw our way back to the playoffs when Russ and KD get back.

It's not like we can play KD and Westbrook 38mpg right when they get back either.
Loud_city
Rookie
And1: 921

Post#69 » by Loud_city » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

No it is. The heat had the 27th pick In the 2012 draft.
Thunderhead
Senior

Post#70 » by Thunderhead » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:49 pm

I'm havin trouble taking any hope from last night's game, cause that happens a lot when a team suffers a major injury. The usual scenario, is the " others " step up and play over their head for a game, or a few .... then it tapers off.

I think a part of that , is opponents not being prepared for the " others " . Once a couple of games are played, the scouting catches up with them.

On another note, I'm a bit perplexed that we've not heard more from the media about Russ. Surely, he's been to a doctor today, they've done an MRI or whatever, and we should have more detail about his hand and a more specific estimate of how much time he will miss.

I've not seen anything on Twitter from Darnell or Slater, who are usually the first with this kind of stuff.
Thunderhead
Senior

Post#71 » by Thunderhead » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:24 am

Well, here's the latest

Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 3m3 minutes ago
Russell Westbrook underwent further evaluation from outside consultants on his fractured hand today, and surgery is now a consideration.

Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 1m1 minute ago
Given the Thunder's history of taking the most cautious approach with injuries, expect Westbrook to undergo a procedure in the near future.
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#72 » by kdthunderup » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:29 am

From bad to worse
Thunderhead
Senior

Post#73 » by Thunderhead » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:44 am

Serge will be the old vet in our starting five

Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 4m4 minutes ago
In other news, Reggie Jackson has progressed from a rt ankle injury. Barring a setback, he'll make his season debut Saturday against Denver.
Thunderhead
Senior

Post#74 » by Thunderhead » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:38 am

Wow, that was an amazing win , that I never would've thought Thunder would get.

Denver is 12 deep, wow , just wow !!!
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by KD35Brah » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:42 am

Perry, roberson, and Ibaka(most of all) deserved this win tonight.

Perkins saved us too.

Telfair can go back to China.
cold_cowboy
Veteran
And1: 2,220

Post#76 » by cold_cowboy » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:59 am

Thunderhead wrote:Wow, that was an amazing win , that I never would've thought Thunder would get.

Denver is 12 deep, wow , just wow !!!

12 deep with a coach who doesn't know which players to utilize.

you deserved this 100% after our pathetic performance.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 4:53 am

KD35Brah wrote:Perry, roberson, and Ibaka(most of all) deserved this win tonight.

Perkins saved us too.

Perk got the MVP chants :lol:.

Good win, maybe RJ will be back Monday, hope they can just hang for a while til the team gets healthy. I'm happy for PJ too, I've always liked the kid and hope he keeps this up. Agree that Roberson has really looked good to, he's possibly as big a pleasant surprise as PJ.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by KD35Brah » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:04 am

bondom34 wrote:
KD35Brah wrote:Perry, roberson, and Ibaka(most of all) deserved this win tonight.

Perkins saved us too.

Good win, maybe RJ will be back Monday, hope they can just hang for a while til the team gets healthy. I'm happy for PJ too, I've always liked the kid and hope he keeps this up. Agree that Roberson has really looked good to, he's possibly as big a pleasant surprise as PJ.

idk if you caught the game, but Perkins looked Hakeem out there and scored on post-up in 4 straight possessions

Roberson tore it up defensively all game The guy contests EVERYTHING, his defense is truly top tier. Only that is pisses me off is that he has been passing up 90% of the 3s he gets. Still doesn't have that confidence, other than that he has been fantastic.

PJ3 is self-explanatory, i love how isn't chucking his brains out like the average player. It's a joy to watch.

The 2nd guy who surprised me(not really i knew he could pull through) is Ibaka, he has stepped up immensely. It looks like he even worked on his 3pt shooting over the Summer.

It really pains me to see the Progress(in the little time we have seen them) in KD(posting up more in pre-season), Westbrook playing more composed and smarter, Reggie continuing his impressive shooting from beyond the arc from the playoffs. I really hope we make a phenomenal push when everyone gets healthy.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:07 am

KD35Brah wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Perkins saved us too.

idk if you caught the game, but Perkins looked Hakeem out there and scored on post-up in 4 straight possessions

Roberson tore it up defensively all game The guy contests EVERYTHING, his defense is truly top tier. Only that is pisses me off is that he has been passing up 90% of the 3s he gets. Still doesn't have that confidence, other than that he has been fantastic.

PJ3 is self-explanatory, i love how isn't chucking his brains out like the average player. It's a joy to watch.

The 2nd guy who surprised me(not really i knew he could pull through) is Ibaka, he has stepped up immensely. It looks like he even worked on his 3pt shooting over the Summer.

It really pains me to see the Progress(in the little time we have seen them) in KD(posting up more in pre-season), Westbrook playing more composed and smarter, Reggie continuing his impressive shooting from beyond the arc from the playoffs. I really hope we make a phenomenal push when everyone gets healthy.

Agree on everything. Perk looks in better shape too, they even mentioned in the broadcast that he's dropped weight I think. I don't expect PJ to be great every game, but if he can just be solid they may win enough to stay in the picture. Just make the playoffs maybe, and go from there. I don't wanna overreact either, but hope RJ is back Monday and see how they look vs. BKN. This made my day though, not gonna lie!
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#80 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:20 am

Perkins has very good. However, he has looked good for stretches before and generally early in the season or when coming back from a rest due to injury so while I appreciate it I'm not expecting it to hold up for long. Roberson's defense is great, but he knows he can't hit a jumper which is why he isn't shooting them and no one is contesting. If he can develop his 3 point shot he will be a very good role player. PJ3 is putting together everything that he has shown flashes of over the last two years. I just hope PJ3 can keep it up when everyone gets back and doesn't just defer to KD and Russ. PJ3 might be making himself a lot of future money right now if he keeps this up and he could also be giving Presti more reason to let Reggie walk this off-season with PJ3 giving him another option for 6th man.

Reggie and Lamb can't get back fast enough as far as I'm concerned. Telfair and Roberson need more rest and some of the lineups being run out there are just crazy. As much as I find Collison running the point entertaining it's just not something that you expect to work out well even as an occasional thing. Denver wasn't able to take advantage of the three big man and no PG units OKC was being forced to use, but most teams will exploit that. After going toe to toe with the Clippers they found a way to win against Denver. I can see them being around .500 without KD and Russ.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder