Potential MVP

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

Potential MVP 

Post#1 » by DontH8TheBrody » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:33 am

If OKC loses its next game or two and say there record is 3/4-14 by the time Russ comes back. If Russ and or KD play at a ridiculous level after they return, is there a chance either/or could get the MVP if the Thunder sneak back into the playoffs as a 7/8 seed?
    PG: Westbrook/Jackson/Smith
    SG: Roberson/Morrow/Lamb
    SF: Durant/Jones/Lamb
    PF: Ibaka/Collison/McGary
    C: Adams/Perkins

THUNDER UP 0 | 35 | 9 |15 | 11 | 3 | 12
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Potential MVP 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:50 am

I'd say outside shot. If they're out much longer no just b/c they wouldn't have played enough, but if they miss under 20 games it could happen. Hope it does!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Re: Potential MVP 

Post#3 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:03 am

KD would have to just put up stupid numbers to steal it from Anthony Davis or Curry. That or an injury to Davis, which is always possible. With Cleveland struggling LeBron's MVP stock is down. Harden could get some MVP love, but he is shooting 40% from the field. If KD comes back and has another 50/40/90 shooting season while putting up while putting up something stupid like 35 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1.5 stls and 1 blk a game he could win it playing 60ish games. I just don't see him putting up that big of numbers with Russ healthy.

Keep in mind they won 72% of their games last year with Russ missing half the season. So if both of them are healthy for 60 games they could win 75% or 45 games. Throw in 4 wins before they get back and they would be at 49 which would have been the 8 seed last year and it wouldn't seem like they did anything spectacular.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder